Motability Supply Issues Live Q&A Tomorrow Facebook 12.30pm

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jojoe
    Participant

This is now live.

ajn

Don’t do face book Jojoe, never have 🙂

Jojoe
        Participant

ajn
          Don’t do face book Jojoe, never have

Me neither ajn, I did have a look though, you don’t need to be a member. Nothing useful  mentioned, apart from Cupra coming to the scheme in the near future.

ajn

Thought you need to sign up to get on FB..

TBH I’ve no idea, closest I’ve been is other people showing me things on it…

Set me aside with the peace and quiet suits me fine..

Jojoe
            Participant

Oh, and someone asked if Tesla was coming aboard, they said they didn’t currently make anything that fits with Motability’s requirements.

rox
              Participant

did any one ask about what mbo views are on waiting 11 months or for some even longer for a car for the order to be then cancelled by the manufacturer.

Jojoe
                Participant

A few were complaining, but they swerved the awkward questions.

ChrisK
                  Participant

I asked the question “can we rely on the dealers in giving us an honest answer when asked how long for delivery of a car” in view of their FAQ to shopping around several dealers for a quicker delivery.

I think it was too late for the live Q&A but they said they would get back to me.

Row

Which Cupra did they say was coming on ?

Jojoe
                      Participant

Row
                        Which Cupra did they say was coming on ?

They didn’t say.

kezo
                        Participant

I went visiting family so missed it. However in the grand scheme of things its probably as well I wasn’t available 🙂

I don’t see why Tesla wouldn’t be suitable for the scheme other than price tbh.

Phil

Cupra are selling well, especially the Formentor. I very much doubt we’ll see them on the scheme….Most models have over the 200 bhp limit too.

It reminds me of when Alfa were mentioned as returning to the scheme a while back, but it’s never happened.

Jojoe
                            Participant

Someone asked if Cupra was coming to the scheme, this was the response from James, Motability dealer partner relationship manager.

Phil

A very vague response from James.

I emailed Cupra about the prospect of joining the motability scheme and they said:

“Thank you for your interest in our company. After careful examination, however, we have come to the conclusion that we cannot currently offer any prospect of cooperation”.

I’m not sure if they mean Cooperation with Motablity, but I think that looks to me like a no.

gilders
                                Participant

The Cupra Leon is currently cheap to lease. The best deal is £2707 up front and £225 per month. This “best” deal wouldn’t be suitable to everyone as it’s only 24 month term, although some people may prefer a new car every couple of years, and it’s only 5,000 miles per year.

I’d be more tempted with 8,000 miles per year which is £3037 up front and £223 per month  for 2 year contract. 3 year contract with 8,000 miles per year is £3387 up front and £252 per month.

Considering we currently forfeit £279.50 of benefits per month and benefit rates are tied to inflation (latest figure being 9.4%), next years benefit should be over £300/month and by year 3 it’s worrying to think how much benefit we’d be forfeiting.

It’s a little frustrating that with Motability’s 20% tax free discount and the only lease company to be protected from inflation (due to our benefits increasing vs having a fixed monthly price) they should be able to have prices that are MASSIVELY more appealing than any other leasing company.

DBtruth
                                  Participant

I was thinking the other day that the cupra Leon looks pretty reasonable on a personal lease is this current climate. I always had it in my head that they were all 300bhp but I think they actually start at 245bhp which is plenty anyway. Pretty much Seat’s Golf gti but for less money.

I sat in a cupra born recently and thought it was really cool. I actually really liked the infotainment system after reading online that it wasn’t good. The screen resolution was really good and I think I’d be able to get used to the sliders and all that stuff. I imagine the Leon has a similar unit if not the same.

one thing that annoys me on the Leon is that you can’t adjust the height of the seatbelt and at my height the belt rests in an uncomfortable position unless I raise the seat and then it’s difficult for me to get in/out. Sort that out Seat!

solent60
                                    Participant

That Cupra ‘Urban Rebel’ looks ideal for my needs & would go straight to the top of my wish list when it’s released in 2025!

https://www.cupraofficial.com/concept-cars/urbanrebel.html

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.