Motability Subsidies Chargemaster EV Fees

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brydo 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103978 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Should Motability use some of it massive reserves and subsidies EV charging fees.

Chargemaster how are owned by BP have a well established EV charging network, the monthly membership fee’s are £7.85 per month, 70% of its charging point thereafter are free, the remain cost 12 pence kWh.

If Motability subsidies these fee’s it would encourage more Motability customers into electric vehicles, especially those who could not charge at home, and to be honest financial the majority of us are far from wealthy.

I am considering dropping a email to my MP with this suggestion.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103983 Reply

Michael

Hi, Just a question, if motability should pay for charging EVs then will they pay towards the cost of fuel that others use?

#103984 Reply

joss
    Participant

Hi, Just a question, if motability should pay for charging EVs then will they pay towards the cost of fuel that others use?

Fair comment Michael

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#104087 Reply

martino

that made me laugh but a far point

#104090 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

This would be a poor use of motability funds. Better they reduce the APs to get more into EVs in the first place. If they ever get round to hitting some BEVs on the scheme in the first place.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#104094 Reply

JS

Pay rises and bonuses will be their preferred use of funds lol.

#104096 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Pay rises and bonuses will be their preferred use of funds lol.

It was just an idea to get Motability support behind EV and some of its customers, never mind back to the drawing board.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#104101 Reply

JS

I actually agree motability are in a great position to work with government to push EV forward. If done properly there should be grants or incentives available’

#104108 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Oscarmax keep up the good work you never know one unique idea is sometimes all that is needed to become a billionaire just look at “Facebook”.

#104122 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Oscarmax keep up the good work you never know one unique idea is sometimes all that is needed to become a billionaire just look at “Facebook”.

Don’t you have to be a tw*t 1st though!

#104140 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

My vote would be to bring the AP cost of auto’s in-line with manuals.

This wouldn’t even make a dent in the reserves and would be truly beneficial to,  I think, the majority here.

Walk before you run so to speak! 😃

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#104152 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I agree with the auto idea, I bet if Motability had a showroom where we could go look at cars they would have an entrance with a step and a ramp but you had to pay a grand to use the ramp!

#104166 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

My vote would be to bring the AP cost of auto’s in-line with manuals. This wouldn’t even make a dent in the reserves and would be truly beneficial to, I think, the majority here. Walk before you run so to speak! 😃

They would probably increase the AP on the manuals to match the auto’s

#104167 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I think it would be difficult to do this, automatics being more expensive is no ones fault it’s just a fact of life. Taking money away from those who can drive manual cars to subsidise those who need an auto will always be difficult to justify.

Over the next five to ten years it will be less of a problem as all BEVs are automatic.

#104173 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Brydo but unless Motability does something we are going to be left behind

#104174 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I totally agree Oscarmax.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Motability Subsidies Chargemaster EV Fees

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: