More restrictions placed on us in Scotland

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Just been announced alcohol minimum price to increase by 30%. How many more restrictions are we going to suffer under SNP. They keep telling is your drinking to much, your having to many fizzy drinks we pay  a lot more in Scotland. In staed  of punishing everybody when not have the Scandinavian system where you have a card to produce if you buy alcohol so your intake is moniterd. Berwick is looking better the day so we don’t have to live under a dictatorship.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

How can Useless & co justify a 30% increase!

Hopefully they will be history along with the cons soon.

Ioniq
        Participant

Oh deary deary me, the price of your white lightning an buckie are going though the roof??

Nas89
          Participant

Cant be bad as us in wales with 20mph, i know scotland has them but not on rural roads for miles.

Jojoe
            Participant

According to the BBC, this means the cheapest bottle of wine in Scotland will be £6.09. Aldi in England have at least 6 different bottles of 12% wine available for less than £4. I enjoy a beer 3/4 nights a week, putting the price up is not going to stop me drinking. I can still get 18 cans of Fosters for £12 when it’s on offer, that would cost £20.59 in Scotland.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Jojoe.
              blackj
              Participant

Don’t drink white lightning or Buckie. I do like a glass of nice wine. I will make a day of it. Only 50 miles to Berwick. Stop at Eyemouth for lunch. On to Berwick and stock up for 3 months. The saving more than Covers my fuel and had a nice run down the coast.

Jojoe
                Participant

Don’t drink white lightning or Buckie. I do like a glass of nice wine. I will make a day of it. Only 50 miles to Berwick. Stop at Eyemouth for lunch. On to Berwick and stock up for 3 months. The saving more than Covers my fuel and had a nice run down the coast.

And the Scottish government gets nowt from the alcohol tax.

Oscarmax
                  Participant

I don’t drink alcohol. my meds don’t like it.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
                    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Suzuki Across PHEV

Carmad
                    Participant

What does this have to do with Motability/cars?

kezo
                      Participant

What does this have to do with Motability/cars?

It doesn’t and the reason its in “off topic” area and not the main forum 😂

Participant

snp will be out next time. they did a survey and it showed no real benefit of the min price, so they suppressed it and got another one looking at it another way to show minimal improvements. like most govts do.

it doesnt bother me as if im drinking[not at moment] i dont buy cheap stuff anyway

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                          Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

blackj
                          Participant

It is not cheap stuff all spirit’s will rise by 30%. All profits going to producer. This will have a knock on effect for everyone in UK. Producer’s will not be slow to realise that if the Scottish public are daft eneogh  to pay these prices they will just do the same in England. Meanwhile I’m quite sure people will travel to England with a van and buy bulk and sell from the van on the black market. The difference in price will make it worth their while.

Participant

yes but its not so noticable when you drink expensive scotch malt.  im currently drinking 0 percent draft… so it wont affect that. dunno when i will revert. last time it was a long time. trying to lose weight so no alc helps.

i do miss my dram tho

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Avatar photostruth.

kezo
                              Participant

There is a min unit price in Wales, not sure if its as strict as Scotland but, I buy from England when visiting parents or even Amazon.

I buy Aldi Whisky for xmas pressants sometimes and it £20 here and £17 in England, so soon mounts up. The margin is often greater on branded single malts. Bonckers!

Participant

There is a min unit price in Wales, not sure if its as strict as Scotland but, I buy from England when visiting parents or even Amazon. I buy Aldi Whisky for xmas pressants sometimes and it £20 here and £17 in England, so soon mounts up. The margin is often greater on branded single malts. Bonckers!

There is a min unit price in Wales, not sure if its as strict as Scotland but, I buy from England when visiting parents or even Amazon. I buy Aldi Whisky for xmas pressants sometimes and it £20 here and £17 in England, so soon mounts up. The margin is often greater on branded single malts. Bonckers!

my whisky is online from england, and i get free del. the draft beer is down there too and usually free del too

Marc
                                  Participant

I was working in Newton Wales in March 2022 before I retired and called in at the local Tesco where a 2 litre bottle of Crofters Cider was £5, it was £2.10 at Tesco in England. Wales have a similar minimum pricing system to Scotland where alcohol has to be sold at a minimum price per unit and as @blackj says its pure profit not tax.

Daughters motability car Vauxhall Grandland 1.5 diesel automatic Ultimate.
                                    My car SEAT Ibiza SE Tec 1.2 petrol TSI 2017.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.