marvellous was it worth it

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110177 Reply

mitch
    Participant

for the first time since leaving school in 1976 it looks like i will be unemployed shortly.

so all that tax and nat ins paid in, how much am i going to get if the axe falls ?

absolutely zero, zip nada not a penny.

why ? because i get an army pension, a war pension and a small £200/month pension from my late wifes work. and because i live alone no housing benefit as apparently i ought to be living in a single room in shared accomodation not a 1 bed park home.

you couldnt make it up, and yet there are families getting thousands who have never worked a day in their lives.

not a happy bunny.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110194 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

It’s always a catch 22 situation.

I remember back in the 70’s and 80’s when my family were just starting school how I used to joke being on union rates about taking a pay cut to the boss because I never ever qualified for free school meals for my 3 kid’s because I earned a pound or two too much literally and the free school meals were worth a lot more than two or three pounds even then.

#110468 Reply

mitch
    Participant

yet another kick in the goolies, the support for the self employed doesnt apply if you have a second source of income higher than the profit from your self employment. guess what my pensions are £100 more per year than i make from self employment. you couldnt make it up.

#110587 Reply

Mike

Mitch your park home looks in a lovely location in the countryside is it nice and quiet ?

#110594 Reply

mitch
    Participant

its v quiet, out the back is fields all the way to the chesterfield canal and to one side is the river.

then its a short road off site to the road to staveley.

we get quite a few dog walkers cutting through from the nearby housing est to the fields at the back.

but thats all.

#110627 Reply

Mike

Is it over 55s Mitch my bungalow is up for sale when sold I’m hoping to move to a retirement bungalow 5 miles away a lovely development they go for around £150.000 2 bedrooms semi then it’s £150 maintenance a month for wardenboiler gardens etc

#110629 Reply

mitch
    Participant

this site is over 50. i rent.one bedroom big bathroom, small kitchen and lounge. dont need bigger struggle to keep this clean as it is at the moment.

my mum had warden asisted bungalow she owned 50% and then paid a small rent plus maintainance which included an on call warden. each bungalow was fitted with a call system with red cords with a grab in each room that you just pulled and then you could talk to the warden from anywhere in the house.

it was a lifesaver on a few occasions.

#110630 Reply

Mike

Yes Mitch has pull cord in every room lovely gardens etc

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: marvellous was it worth it

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: