Insurence

• Creator
    Topic
  • #189821 Reply
    Jon stevens

My car was hit last week just very slight damage to wing mirror, the person said she was at fault, now I have to spend £100 upfront excess, loose my car for at least a week, apart from the cost of my petrol, is this right 🤔🤔🤔

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189825 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

If the other party has admitted liability your insurance should claim any costs, includinga hire car, from their insurers.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#189829 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

If the damage is “very slight” Motability will most likely advise you to not have it repaired.

Minor damage should not affect your good condition bonus.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Mercedes Benz B180 Premium Plus.

#189832 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

As others have said you shouldn’t be charged the excess if the other party has accepted all responsibility.

Here’s a long story for you, on the 2 occasions I’ve needed to make a no fault claim there has been no charge but on my last claim when my current car was just 3 months old and rear ended RSA made a threat I would need the pay the £100 because I got one of the letters of the other party registration number wrong. There was no problems with anything else as other parties phone numbers and address where correct so a simple thing to fix but I had to ring the other party personally to get the correct reg.

I also made it clear to them that its not easy for a lone disabled driver to gather witnesses and walk around cars surveying damaged and they should know better.

I also told them as my car was safe to drive and roadworthy and they could not have the car back for repair until a suitable replacement was found including a hoist and parked outside my house.

They tried to get me to use taxi’s and again told them this was a no fault claim and that 3 months previously I had paid £1,800 AP for the car so refuse to use taxies. I might have sounded cantankerous to them but this was a no fault claim and maybe I would have been less cantankerous had I been partly to blame.

They found a hire car a week or so later that was exactly the same make, same model, same trim level, same colour with even the same hoist in the back and cost £400 delivery from London to Bristol and from memory about £250 per day hire and I had the car for 2 weeks.

I was a bit disappointed with the hire car being the same as mine because I was told it would be a Ford Galaxy and would have loved a long test drive in that but wasn’t to be. 😊

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Insurence
Your information: