ID3 Charging flap seized again

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Well that’s my son’s id3 charging flap seized again. Car is not 2years old till July. The last time it took 3 weeks to repair. When they are seized they have to break it with a hammer. Then they have to order a new flap and actuator. Then the flap has to be painted. Looks like this is going to happen every winter. He will not be orderering another one in 2025.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Is there a manual pull cord behind a door in the boot?

A few gentle thumps while pressing unlock button?

blackj
        Participant

Yes there is a way of getting your hand up the rear wheel arch and try and free it. But alas they totally seize due to there location. It is a design fault due to the actuator location. The RAC man told me they are called out for this fault many times. Getting the actuator free allows you to charge but you still need to get new actuator fitted.

Southamman
          Participant

This is the issue sone Enyaq drivers are also getting.

It seems the solenoid fails and the only way to jet it open is for dealership/roadside assist to break it and then needs a full replacement.

The pull cord in the boot only unlocks the charging cable if that gets stuck, it doesn’t do anything for the stuck charging flap

Phaedra
            Participant

Mine’s brand new and had it a couple of times already.  What I found worked was locking and unlocking a few times.  listen to the “clunk” it makes when locking, I found when I heard a louder/different “clunk” the flap would open when the car was unlocked after that.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

blackj
              Participant

It’s totally seized it’s not doing any clucking.

Phaedra
                Participant

I meant the sound of the whole car locking, like doing a double lock 🙂

Apparently a credit card in the top left corner and then twisted can work?

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Southamman
                  Participant

It’s totally seized it’s not doing any clucking.

Get onto your breakdown assist supplied with the car.

blackj
                    Participant

Car went into vw at 1pm. Motability were excellent, called them and within an hour Europcar had called to say they could deliver car between 4 and 5pm. Only 2 cars available fiat 500 or Citroen c3. Went for C3. Car arrived 3 years old with 40000 miles on it. At least keeps us mobile.

Jojoe
                      Participant

It’s not just Enyaq / ID’s it’s also on other VAG group ICE filler caps.

See this on a golf:

Participant

Happened on my VW Tiguan a few months back – same deal, force open with airbags/levers, replacement actuator and flap required.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

blackj
                          Participant

Got a telephone call from vw dealer car ready. Nothing wrong with flap. We have a video of it working. I said it was definitely stuck must be intermittent. No they said it’s fine. So went out late afternoon to pick up. Service advisor brought car round and said there you go. Tried flap stuck. Oh dear he said I will get mechanic. He came still stuck. Eventually got it open but I said I want new parts fitted. They agreed and now waiting.

kezo
                            Participant

Got a telephone call from vw dealer car ready. Nothing wrong with flap. We have a video of it working. I said it was definitely stuck must be intermittent. No they said it’s fine. So went out late afternoon to pick up. Service advisor brought car round and said there you go. Tried flap stuck. Oh dear he said I will get mechanic. He came still stuck. Eventually got it open but I said I want new parts fitted. They agreed and now waiting.

Unbelievable!

I wonder if they even looked at it.

blackj
                              Participant

Got ID3 back today new actuator fitted. On picking car up was told 2 recalls on car. Earliest date given was November. They have arranged a  car for up to a week as one of the recalls is the battery. Apparently it could be quite major depending what they find. It involves a lot of checks to be carried out and possible battery replacement.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.