I love a caravan me!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #130141 Reply
    Brydo

Never towed one but stayed in a few over the years, cant beat the freedom of a caravan and i like the look of this one.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130182 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Very nice indeed. Would not like to tow it though.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#130187 Reply
    Martinod

I love caravans I’d like to be able to get one , just like the idea of holidays , but the site fees are so expensive ,

#130189 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

TentLove the static sort Brydo, however 25 min vid to show than thing I couldn’t watch, and the stress of towing NAH for me

However should have seen the caravan era when I pull this stunt…

#130190 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

TentHere’s another

#130199 Reply
    Tharg

Had some great times in our touring caravan in the 80s. Kids loved it, so did adults. Loved the chance to go anywhere, stay as long or as short as you wanted. Was a big beast, 20ft long or more,  plenty of comfortable space. Can’t remember the make, sadly. Remember that, towing with a V6 Granada estate, the whole unit was longer than a coach. Got used to pulling it around, being very careful and, on Motorways, avoiding badly driven (normally Belgian) coaches. Slipstream from an overtaking monster going at 80+mph could make for serious instability!

#130226 Reply
    Brydo

There is nothing like opening the door of a caravan straight out into the great outdoors, love it.

Not so good in the winter though, had a few really cold nights that were not too pleasant 😂

#130263 Reply
    joss
    Participant

I know this thread is about caravans, but it sparked a few memories of time in my past enjoying holidays in static caravans..

So this is as such not a tradition static caravan because there were not really many at that time. This my friends was a Train van!

Imagine an old train carriage, minus the wheels. Then cut and rejoined in the Shape of a T. The top of the T was where the cooking and washing was done. The cooking was done on a coal fired stove, that also gave hot water. The bottom of the T, which was nearly a full carriage was used for living and sleeping. Lighting was via gas! mantels. original fittings to the coach as where the seating. Beds where made up in the evening by putting planks across seating and mattress’s laid upon them.

Where was this place of wonderful memories? On the Firth of the Forth near by Port Seaton and not to far from Edinburgh. Fantastic holidays we enjoyed for many a year in a Train van

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#130265 Reply
    Brydo

Sounds great joss, my first stay in a caravan was as a fifteen year old on holiday in Horsham near Worthing. I was with other members of a club I went to, there was thirteen of us if I remember correctly and we had a fantastic time . I think this where my love of caravans and English girls began lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: I love a caravan me!
Your information: