I have been well and truly scammed

• Creator
    Topic
  • #180194 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I have been well and truly scammed by a rogue trader total cost £452 and there is nothing I can do about it, should have been more careful.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #180205 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Sorry to hear that and don’t go loosing sleep and blaming yourself. Have you reported the b@stards to trading standards.

#180208 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Yes but the company is rude and arrogant, they told me go on then.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#180215 Reply
    joss

Sorry to ready this story @osacarmax.

How did you pay the money to the scammers? Credit card or Debit card? approach your bank and ask them for a charge back. is one way of getting your money back.

Read:-  I think I’ve been scammed

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#180227 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I had our 5 year old boiler repaired and service, we reported the boiler had a fault, the company stated they will first service the boiler early for £65.00 (last serviced in July) and diagnose the fault. The fault showed itself whilst it was being serviced, but the engineer signed it off all good no faults found, informed us it needs some new part, company quote £189.00 to repair.

Engineer turned up unfortunately forgot to order some of the parts ? company informed price has increased to £225.00 ? Engineer turned up it was like watching the chuckle brother at work, all fixed, the engineer had not gone down the road, same fault raised it head , phoned company who stated they will send another engineer under there 12 months warranty.

New engineer came out and changed some parts boiler ok for another day, same fault back, to add insult to injury another bill £162.00, we informed them the same fault exist, they stated our boiler has multiple fault, it we require another appointment we will be charged again. To date we have paid £452.00 and the boiler is still faulty.

#180233 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Maybe be also worth a call to gas safe as well and do as Joss said if you can.

#180242 Reply
    joss

Oscarmax. These clowns are milking you for all they can. STOP using them. Also do as @Kezo suggests and call gas safe. Explain what has happened. Are these people your using Gas Safe registered Oscarmax?

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by joss. Reason: add new link

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#180254 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Forgot to say yesterday, you could also go to your local radio station or paper if you get no joy. Also worth giving citizens advice a call.

#180256 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax. These clowns are milking you for all they can. STOP using them. Also do as @Kezo suggests and call gas safe. Explain what has happened. Are these people your using Gas Safe registered Oscarmax?

Yes we have stopped using them, they are gas safe registered. We have contacted Citizens Advice who have forward the case to Trading Standards, apparently they have breached some regulations. All of this is making the wife very ill, we have sent a recorded letter but do not expect a response.

We are going to put this down to experience and move on our health is not worth the stress.

#180319 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Good news it seems the recorded letter and the Trading Standards worked, they have booked in a full repair at no expense to use to repair the boiler.

#180324 Reply
    joss

Well done @Oscarmax

So pleased you have got a result on this. As you say, very stressful when these things happen.

Lets hope they do the job right this time.

Joss

#180326 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Hope  you are happy with the new engineer, As you say its not worth making yourselves ill over it. Let us know how you go on.

#180656 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Gas engineer arrived this morning at 8.30 am and left at 11.00 am, the boiler now has had a full service (which originally what we had asked for in the first place) boiler seems ok at the moment.

In affect all we need was a good service to date they have changed the jet, the Venturia tube and finally the gas valve, none that need changing, to day we have paid a total of £452.00 hopefully this will work.

#180664 Reply
    joss

Fingers crossed for you @Oscarmax Hopefully it will give you no further problems.

Joss

#180713 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Problem still exists ? not sure what to do next, I have sent the company an email last night.

#180716 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Have you spoken to the dealer section of MB?

I ordered my new lease in December and was awarded a grant in January. This triggered An increased AP due increases in Q1. MB customer services was hopeless and said nothing could be done and it wasn’t untill I asked to speak to a manager who  realized what had happened and put me through to the section that deals with dealers, where the mistake was corrected.

#180717 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Ignore my last reply. lost the plot:-)

What is the fault code and make of boiler.

#180795 Reply
    joss

Problem still exists ? not sure what to do next, I have sent the company an email last night.

Now that you have given these clowns a chance to come and put right there mess. You can now go to citizens advice with all your information. Let them deal with it now Oscarmax.

Joss

#180796 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Now that you have given these clowns a chance to come and put right there mess. You can now go to citizens advice with all your information. Let them deal with it now Oscarmax.

Citizens Advice has been guiding us through the process, after following the advice the company has been a bit more responsive, I phoned the company this morning, they informed us they are fully aware of the problem and are consulting with the boiler manufacture Ideal.

#180806 Reply
    joss

Ok @Oscarmax please keep us informed.

Joss

#180993 Reply
    Jojoe

I know it’s a bit late now, but may be worth taking out a monthly plan to cover any future failures. You can get different types, EDF charge around £13 a month with unlimited call-outs, others charge £3-5 with a call-out fee. We had an Ideal  boiler and cover with British Gas, they got fed up of us calling them out 3 times a year, in the end they installed a new Bosch boiler  for £1700, we got interest free credit over 2 years.

#181022 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I know it’s a bit late now, but may be worth taking out a monthly plan to cover any future failures. You can get different types, EDF charge around £13 a month with unlimited call-outs, others charge £3-5 with a call-out fee. We had an Ideal boiler and cover with British Gas, they got fed up of us calling them out 3 times a year, in the end they installed a new Bosch boiler for £1700, we got interest free credit over 2 years.

That is the way we are thinking, Botx top of the range Bosch combi boiler with 10 year warranty £2300, yesterday the carbon monoxide alarm went mad, had to call out the gas emergency services we thought we has a gas leak, turned out the carbon monoxide alarm was faulty it was 10 years old, the nice man checked everything  was ok, fitted us a new carbon monoxide alarm.

#181060 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Company has emailed us to inform us:

I have spoken to Ideal, and they have confirmed that we have explored all the options available, and their engineers would follow the exact same process.

I can assure you the boiler is safe, and you do not need to worry yourself about this.

Unfortunately, following discussions with the manufacturer we do not think we can solve the squeak, Ideal have advised us that boilers can sometimes develop small noises with age.

As a goodwill gesture we are happy to credit the invoice for the gas valve and refund your payment.

To date we have paid them £65.00 for a iffy boiler service, £225 for a failed repair and £162 for work we did not sanction or agree too?

We are going to accept the refund of £162 and put a line under the matter. What we find very strange for  manufacture Ideal boiler to openly admit in writing that there boiler have an un-repairable fault ?

#181063 Reply
    joss

I have spoken to Ideal, and they have confirmed that we have explored all the options available, and their engineers would follow the exact same process.

I can assure you the boiler is safe, and you do not need to worry yourself about this.

Unfortunately, following discussions with the manufacturer we do not think we can solve the squeak, Ideal have advised us that boilers can sometimes develop small noises with age.

Pinch of salt on the above comment @Oscarmax as this seems to be from the company that did the repair and not from Ideal them selfs. Any ways put it all behind you now and move on

Joss

#181116 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

We have now received the £162.00 refund into our bank as regard the £65.00 and £225.00 we realistically need to put it line under the matter and put it down to a bad experience.

#181268 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Get in touch with the Energy Savings Trust and ask for new central heating?

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: I have been well and truly scammed
Your information: