Hyundai Electric Cars For Under 25’s

• Creator
    Topic
  • #185120 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

Are the electric Hyundai cars listed for under 25’s correct, becasue they are over the insurance group and over the bhp limit. There are 2 Kona and 2 Ionic.

Do you think this will be a change of policy for the future?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185132 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I would ring and ask motability if it is suitable in case theres an error on the listing as you say its over 120bhp. Motaclarity have it listed as 25yrs +

#185134 Reply
    rox
    Participant

It might be to do with the power to weight ratio rather than just straight bhp as electric cars are heavier.

I think it was the Toyota rav 4 when they was on the scheme that was 225 bhp.

Definitely worth ringing mb and checking as kezo suggested.

#185136 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The rules have changed, under 25’s can now drive up to 140bhp and insurance group 21.

#185137 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

The rules have changed, under 25’s can now drive up to 140bhp and insurance group 21.

When did that change wmc, as I can only find information sating 120hp ABI 16 or is it different rules for EV’s

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact/faqs/are-there-any-limits-to-the-insurance-groups-of-a-car-i-can-apply-for

#185138 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

If you click on the information on the search the box displays the new information.

#185139 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

If you click on the information on the search the box displays the new information.

Thanks @wmcforum 🙂

#185152 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Seems this information this morning was incorrect and it now only applies to electric cars.

#185154 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I can’t see many under 25’s being turned on by the choice. Just showed the list to my lad who laughed at the offerings.

#185155 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I can’t see many under 25’s being turned on by the choice. Just showed the list to my lad who laughed at the offerings.

what’s not to like about a fiat 500 rag top!

#185160 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

Cheers @wmcforum the Kona would do us and our 17yr old daughter perfect, due to change at end of the year so hopefully more electric are opened up to under 25’s.

#185170 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Whatever floats your boat I say. Aside from that its more a girly car 🙂

#185171 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

I wouldn’t get one myself but the Fiat 500 electric looks really good. The standard ICE model looks good to be fair

#185172 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Fantastic news for the u25s

#185196 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

At 6′ 5″ he wouldn’t fit into one for a start.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Electric Cars For Under 25’s
Your information: