Help and advice with your illness.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #165603 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

We are all on this forum as a result of Illness, in one form or another, or you could be a carer looking after someone unable to safely look after themselves.

The amount of info we have between us must be huge so why not put it to good use.

This thread should be for members looking to get info, compare treatments or just to get something off their chest relating to the aforementioned suggestions.

As we all know this is an open forum so don’t give any personal info or name anyone in your post.

Hopefully talking about your experience’s will help yourself and others

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #165647 Reply
    Georgie

Good idea.

I have M.S. (relapsing/remitting), Spondylolisthesis with spinal cyst, a fractured coccyx, and in remission for breast cancer (2014) but still dealing with chronic neuropathic pain from the mastectomy and subsequent reconstructive surgery plus lymph-node removal (24 nodes).

I’m happy to discuss anything with anyone who wants to/needs to regarding any of the above.

🙂

#165678 Reply
    Brydo

Georgie you’ve went through a time of it and you always sound so positive.

Thanks for sharing.

#165724 Reply
    Georgie

Well, it didn’t all happen at once, Brydo. 🙂

#165863 Reply
    Brydo

Went to get my yearly check up recently, All good blood pressure etc but couldn’t believe how empty the surgery was. I asked the receptionist if any doctors were in and she replied they were all in. So still telephone appointments only, really, every other place, almost, is back to normal so why not the doctors?

A bit of gossip from the receptionist, the doctors, not all, are supervising COVID jabs at the local centres. The rumour is at £130 per hour, I’m sure that’s what she said. So they cant see their patients face to face but for a price they can supervise thousands of people getting COVID jabs.

I presume money talks and if it does it should be saying the doctors should be ashamed of themselves.

#165865 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Saw my own GP doing exactly that back in March Brydo.No idea what the pay rate is though.

#165867 Reply
    brydo

Mike its a racket and the people missing out are the sick and those most vulnerable.

#165869 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I genuinely believe at one time it was a vocation, I remember our doctor coming out to our house late at night after we called him. I can’t get ours to come out during the day, and that’s pre-covid.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#165879 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Don’t know about fees and all for Covid jabbery. Our GP will readily see you if you need it, following proper “isolation” procedures. Biggest problem, from our experience with local surgery, is the Primary Care Trust managers who are constantly bossing the GPs about; telling them which medications they are allowed to prescribe, banning other ones, changing permitted drug quantities against medical procedures, insisting on complex referrals for simple conditions and so on. GPs need a lot of courage to stand up to them, because they can ruin a career with a few words in the right place. They are a bunch of Boris-clones: control freak bullies, non-medically qualified and, as described to me by a consultant, “a load of utter numpties”.

#166253 Reply
    Lou

I have a question for any kidney patients….my function was above avg just over a year ago (never had any issues) and recent tests have shown the function has dropped to the 70’s and my vitamin d level is close to zero. They have prescribed the supplements needed but also warned me they could damage the kidneys so what do i do? They didnt mention any follow ups, it was quite literally a “your kidneys arent funtioning as well as they should, i will prescribe you vit d, cya later”!! Iv been getting quite bad kidney pain for a fair few weeks but shrugged it off and im only going for a wee once every 12+ hours, surely this isnt normal? Iv been getting severe cramps in my legs and feet too when i drive and at night literally relentless agony which im guessing is down to vit d?

What on earth could cause declining kidney function? Blood pressure always ok or on the low side, im good healthy weight, dont drink, dont smoke and a youngen 30’s. Hoping the function stays stable rather than decline further, getting a gp appointment is near impossible.

Im due major surgery in a few weeks for my health condition and wondered if kidneys would affect any of this as it is abdominal surgery.

Sorry if too much info and thanks very kindly for any help/advice!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Help and advice with your illness.
Your information: