Have you taken down your Christmas tree?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #135903 Reply
    Brydo

It appears that some people are leaving their Christmas tree up until the pandemic is over. Is it just in Scotland or are there daft people in other parts of the UK lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135909 Reply
    joss

Yes Mrs Joss takes it down at the beginning of January, along with all the other Christmas stuff. The house over the road still has tree up and illuminated.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135915 Reply
    Brydo

The thing is joss those waiting till the pandemic is over could have it up for a very long time.

#135918 Reply
    machoco

If it brings them a little joy through these troubled months why not..does no harm.

#135928 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Came down days ago. Had to! Leave it too late and the pagan forest gods will do bad things to you.

#136088 Reply
    Georgie

Took it down on January 1st, so DH could have the last two days of his Leave free before getting back to work on Monday.

#136091 Reply
    Georgie

Indeed, Tharg.  Herne the Hat Rack and the Yell Hounds ride across the skies above Windsor Forest (later the Great Park) – which used to stretch west almost to where Reading and Woking are now.  A lot of the ‘Rides’ around old Finchampstead are left over from the Forest. (I love Finchampstead – the Devil’s Highway and a church build inside the ramparts, much flattened over the last 2,000 year, of a Roman Camp that was possibly an Iron Age camp before that.

I think there are still plenty of live-stock farmers who quietly make sure all their animals are under cover on 12th Night.

#136100 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I so knew you were of the Wiccan persuasion. You ought to meet Mrs T someday and swap broomstick reviews. They’re not on Motability yet, of course, but it won’t be long what with the number of cars plummeting as it is.

#136131 Reply
    Lou

They came down and put away on 27th. Would much rather not of had them up at all – first Christmas and new year after the loss of my partner.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Have you taken down your Christmas tree?
Your information: