GTE joining scheme

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  George 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #100048 Reply

Simon

My local dealer informed me that the Golf GTE will be joining the scheme next quarter with an AP of £1849.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #100049 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

My local dealer informed me that the Golf GTE will be joining the scheme next quarter with an AP of £1849.

Wow that very interesting I can order next quarter

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#100051 Reply

Georgie

I currently have a 10 month old 150 bhp GT, which is great, so this could actually be my next car – just as long as the AP has come down at least £1,300 by renewal time – Oct. 2021 . . .

#100052 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Is that the old GTE or the new one?

I expect VW will be trying to get rid of the old one.

#100054 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Is that the old GTE or the new one? I expect VW will be trying to get rid of the old one.

I would imagine at that AP it will be the older model, still a bargain.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#100055 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes old one dealer told me new shape on scheme next year

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#100060 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Apparently version 8 will be released in February

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-volkswagen-golf-revealed-price-specs-and-release-date/n20359

for delivery in April 2020. It will have a slightly more powerful electric motor and larger battery.

#100069 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

So what’s the power of the one coming to the scheme?

#100072 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

How can the new one come onto the scheme when it has 241 bhp?

#100077 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Elliot I believe VW have published 221 bhp for the new 2020 model the boot need to be much bigger the old model is a joke.

#100092 Reply

Georgie

Well I didn’t know it was only the old model.  And I still can’t afford it. 🙁

#100100 Reply

DBtruth

If you were to get a plug in hybrid on motability, do you get a wall charger fitted at your home as part of the package like the bmw i3? Or do you have to find your own charger?

#100147 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

If you were to get a plug in hybrid on motability, do you get a wall charger fitted at your home as part of the package like the bmw i3? Or do you have to find your own charger?

The OLEV Grant, also known as Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides £500 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point. To qualify for the OLEV Grant, you must have off-street parking (such as a driveway or garage) and you must use an OLEV-approved home charging point installer.

Through the Energy Saving Trust Scotland, the Scottish Government offers Scottish residents an additional grant of up to £300, on top of the EVHS grant.

List of Cars the grant is available on here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/850119/electric_vehicles_homecharge_scheme_eligible_vehicles.csv/preview

#100152 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Just beat me to it wmc and i like the inclusion of the additional scottish grant.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#100172 Reply

DBtruth

Thanks for that info wmc. It was interesting reading up on that 👍

#100175 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Lets hope that when the new GTE comes onto the scheme it’s affordable.

#101884 Reply

SpinaB
    Participant

So Dont I feel a fool tentively enquiring about the GTE on Monday only to be told no that wont happen theres only 5 in the country and they are no longer making them 🙁
    Moral of the story dont get your hopes up on hearsay 🙁
    No harm done and Q1 doesnt hold anything outstanding unless you want to remortgage vital organs……………………..

#101951 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Either VW are ripping the scheme off or the negotiators at Motability are stealing a living.

#101969 Reply

Lord Muc

Never believe a car salesman.

#101970 Reply

Lord Muc

I would not like to think they are ripping the scheme off, but the scheme is not pulling its weight. In motobility world the tail wags the dog. It’s too easy for them. High APs easy money. They need to shake up on how cars are offered. Cars returned, could be re-leased, focus on a few good deals, like a deal of the month, they are letting the manufacturers get away with a captive audience, It’s the same old same old.

#102131 Reply

George

Very disappointed too. I contacted my local VW dealer and been told GTE was never joining scheme. Considering Kia Ioniq will see if I can get a 24 hour test drive.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: GTE joining scheme

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: