Green paper review of pip system

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hope admin will allow this post, as it can have far reaching consequences for PIP and therefore motability.

The government has launched a Green paper on proposals to change the PIP system, to benefit “those in need”

This may include removal of cash payments and replace with vouchers

There is only 12 weeks to respond before action will go through parliament

Make no mistake, the aim of this is to reduce costs, and will be in place before the General Election, but I’ve nit read anything from the other parties that any alternative will be offered

The green paper and the way to respond is here

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/disability-benefits-system-to-be-overhauled-as-consultation-launched-on-personal-independence-payment–2

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Southamman.
      • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by wmcforum.
      • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by joss. Reason: Edit title
    Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

The link you posted doesn’t work.

kezo
        Participant

The link you posted doesn’t work.

Thats similar to the link that @joss moved from a thread I started, to the other related thread on the same topic. It gives details on how to respond, including the ability to respond online 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by kezo.
          wmcforum
          Which Mobility Car

Link Fixed

MFillingham
            Participant

The timescale is unlikely.  This is a green paper and will be open for consultancy until July, not long after that Parliament has it’s summer break until September.  If Sunak drags his heals as much as he possibly can, Parliament will dissolve on the 17th December, if an election is called before then (and popular belief is November) then we’re looking at no more legislation to be passed  6 weeks before the date of the next election.  That could well mean the White paper that must follow the green paper needs to be issued before recess for the summer and a bill written up for September submission, debate and vote in the Commons, then scheduled, debated and voted in the Lords, with 1st and 2nd readings and all the ceremony, it’s unlikely to be squeezed in that timescale.

To be clear, there are disabled people in many groups who are seriously worried by this consultation.  It’s currently a proposed (hopeful) vote winner for the hardliner Conservative supporters to get behind to stop the scroungers.  It’s not intended to be law in the current term and Sunak himself has stated that this is for the next term.

The ethos is to force those claiming mental health issues to be pushed away from getting extra cash in towards getting help.  The reality is that, if the help were available, most people would have reached out for it.

We must all respond to the green paper as strongly as possible.  Let’s make this crystal clear that the disabled population are not going to be scapegoated and labelled scroungers by this or any other government.  While there probably are some people that are claiming and not working, where they may be able to work, the reality is that PIP is not a replacement for employment but support for those of us who need it to live a life others consider normal.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
              I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Ele
              Participant

The brain storming desperate vote grabbing Green Paper was a dead duck from the off imo

Now the election date has now been announced the Green paper has to lie dormant

Best thing to do with the Green Paper and I am sure this will soon happen and that is to simply kick it into the long Green grass,

When/not if Labour wins

Be assured that it doesn’t mean it’s the last we will hear of some of the ideas it contains

Rich44
                Participant

There are some pretty grim Labour MPs in the inner circle so I wouldn’t say we’re safe but I’d take a Labour gov over Tories every time even with Steer Calmer lol

Ele
                  Participant

Agree even tho

Some cant put the correct shoe on the correct foot

Others prefer Flip Flops lol

This isnt instilling me with confidence

God help us all

Jojoe
                    Participant

Trust me, Labour Party members and constituency groups will not tolerate the PLP or any Labour government launching an attack on disability benefits the way the Tories have done recently.  😉

Ele
                      Participant

Trust me, Labour Party members and constituency groups will not tolerate the PLP or any Labour government launching an attack on disability benefits the way the Tories have done recently. 😉

Time will tell and hope your right,but strongly suspect we are in for a few unexpected surprises

I do hope

I am very wrong

Ele
                        Participant

Suggest a new use for the idiots GREEN PAPER 🙂 

Oscarmax
                          Participant

It does not matter which bunch of idiots are in power once elected your going to get shafted

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.