Good old Skoda/VW Finance :(

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phaedra 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118271 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Great start to the day, got a letter from Skoda/VW finance saying I’d not paid the June lease payment of £200.  The lease’s last payment was due May 27th and the car was written off June 11th before being due to be returned June 27th.  I’d asked for a 3 month lease extension the day before the accident, this was cancelled by them so the payment shouldn’t have been due at all.  I checked my bank, the standing order is still active but no attempt to take a payment was made by them.

Then got an email saying my credit score had decreased from “excellent” to “fair” 🙁  No surprise as VW had put a marker on saying I’d missed a payment!.  Rang VW Finance and eventually got through, yes the extension was cancelled June 12th the day after the accident, yes we stopped our own system from taking the June 27th payment as the lease had ended.  I’ll pass it on to the banking/finance team and see if I can get it sorted for you!.

So, what about my drop in credit score? well once they’ve sorted it out they’ll remove the marker and it should go back up, should being the operative word, it still says I missed a payment 🙁

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118300 Reply

JS

poxy computers and their automatic letters, dont they realize your in a “nearly got a new car bubble” lol.

but that does being up an interesting question “do the direct mobility allowance payments from DWP/wpms help towards the individuals credit score” hmm never gave that a thought before.

sorry just thinking out aloud lol.

#118303 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

I’m sure the Motability payments weren’t on my credit report when I had my previous car from them back in 2015.  The VW/Skoda finance ones certainly are, hence the problem!.

It’s just so annoying, my credit score went down the toilet after my ex walked out on us.  Only after getting a divorce did it start to recover.

#118304 Reply

Neil

Don’t forget you can make a challenge on the mark on your credit score and VW finance has to justify it to the credit agency

#118311 Reply

joss
    Participant

And if you run into problems use Resolver to help you sort it out. An excellent service recommended by Martin Lewis of Money saving expert

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#118319 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Good old Skoda/VW Finance :(

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: