Future cars and what’s coming to the scheme

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by James Manning.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #170083 Reply
    James Manning

Hi folks, my current lease runs til July so I can order in March but is there any way to find out what cars may be coming to the scheme?

Having just seen the news about the VW ID. 3 coming off the scheme for now I’m suddenly limited to maybe one or 2 cars however, I’ve seen the Kia ev6 and the Ioniq 5 both have trims under the price cap and I’m currently hoping that they make their way onto motability.

Any help is greatly appreciated and received.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #170088 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I don’t know what the price cap for EVs is but I doubt the Ioniq 5 at start price of just under £36k or Kia EV6 at £41k is below the cap.

#170089 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

As far as i know there’s no official numbers on the price cap.

The EV6 will not come to the scheme. They start at £41.000. That’s the cheapest model, lowest range/power and no options. The Ioniq 5 is slightly cheaper at £37.000 for the same trim level, still too expensive. As far as i know, there’s no car on the scheme with a base price of £37.000, indeed not even close.

It’s an obtuse system where cars like the 3008 Hybrid 4 300 at something like £44.000 are allowed, because the base model is cheap – if the 3008 base model was the price of the Hybrid 4 300, it wouldn’t be on the scheme.

You’re talking about two cars where the base models are already considerably more expensive than most fully equipped cars on the scheme. Even the ID4 base model is £2000 cheaper, and that model has an AP range from £3000 to £8500.

The EV6 price is somewhat comparable to the Tesla Model 3 and Mach E in price – it’s not going to happen, don’t get your hopes up. The Ioniq 5, well.. I could see that come to the scheme if the price for the base model gets slightly reduced, but i’m very sure that that’s not going to happen before march/july.

There’s no way to accurately predict what’s coming to the scheme either, other than asking a dealer who doesn’t really know either. My guess, for the next few months? One of the biggest additions might be the new Sportage, somewhere between Q1 and Q2 next year.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#170090 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Cooments from my Hyundai dealer id the Ioniq 5is unlikely in the foreseeable, however , nobody has a crystal ball. There will be lots of rumours but very few actual facts.

#170092 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi James

Not a lot of help but you could look through the digital version right now of the Motability Lifestyes mag where you will find a section within about cars coming to the scheme.

The way thing are at the moment it can’t be relied on too much but its all we have. In the August edition it said the VW Tiguan Allspace was “coming soon” and not only has it not come, there taking the standard Tiguan off the scheme next Tuesday if rumours are true so we can’t put too much faith in the coming soon section.

https://www.motability.co.uk/news/mm-lifestyle-magazine/

Sorry its not “coming soon” but “ones to watchout for”😶

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by ChrisK. Reason: info added
    #170101 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hi folks, my current lease runs til July so I can order in March but is there any way to find out what cars may be coming to the scheme? Having just seen the news about the VW ID. 3 coming off the scheme for now I’m suddenly limited to maybe one or 2 cars however, I’ve seen the Kia ev6 and the Ioniq 5 both have trims under the price cap and I’m currently hoping that they make their way onto motability. Any help is greatly appreciated and received.

Hi James. Motability have a list of cars that they are ‘considering’ which the call centre staff have access to and are allowed to share with customers. However, most of the cars on this list never make it on to the scheme, so it’s a bit pointless. For example, the Toyota Highlander was on this list for around 6 months. In the end it was removed from the list, reason being “it didn’t meet the criteria for the scheme” which, with a start price of around £50k anyone could have worked out 🙄

#170103 Reply
    James Manning

Thanks for all the help and advise folks. I’ll keep looking and I’ll try to speak to motability and my local dealerships.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Future cars and what’s coming to the scheme
Your information: