First Charge!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Phaedra
    Participant

First Charge!
      Had to do a quick splash-n-dash as my Ohme cable still hasn’t arrived so can’t charge at home, supposed to be sent Tuesday, rang Friday and not sent after all 🙁

Had a look on Electroverse and found some 300Kwh Fastned chargers @69p per kWh 9 miles away, set off and remembered to stick battery heating on!.
      Plenty of free charge points, easy enough to work out how to use them, only problem was the charge flap wouldn’t open, this is a 9 day old car!!. Took about 5mins of constant unlocking/locking to get it to open. What I found was that double locking (makes a bigger noise) then unlocking seems to do the trick.

Anyway, 20mins and a Greggs hot drink and a sausage & bacon bun later, topped up with 39.77kWh at 93.4kW charge speed. My Octopus account shows -£31.97??   I worked out 39.77kWh @69p to be £27.44, I also had £10 credit on the card so am I missing something obvious?

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Is Go £0.75 per kWh

Phaedra
        Participant

7.5p kWh 🙂

From 11:30pm to 05:30am  plus a few other times they allocate when supply is available.

Good news, Electroverse sorted out the account and put my £10 credit back on.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
          Participant

Great!

Once your all sorted, perhaps you can give your thoughts on it, as I’d be iinterested 🙂

Phaedra
            Participant

Well I did find a couple of small annoyances!.

1. No sunglasses holder/box, almost pressed the emergency call button until I realised there wasn’t a cubby for them!.

2. Very weird, I have a USB stick connected and every time I get in the car it starts with the same track, not the one it was last playing like the Ateca system.  All I can find online is one report but suggesting it was due to a cold USB stick.  Never had that problem in any other car, I’ve taken it out and will put a different one in tomorrow.

3. No manual, online site doesn’t work, even putting the VIn in doesn’t work.  None of the online videos or articles refer to the V4.0 software or internal hardware changes like extra buttons on the shortcut bar.

kezo
              Participant

Must admit I miss not having sunglasses holder in current car. My daughter like pressing the red button, luckily my current car has a plastic flap over it, so she can’t get at it easily lol.

Anything in media setting – play last track on start up?

I find that very poor Skoda hasn’t updated the online manual to include V4.

We live and learn mate. Enjoy 🙂

Phaedra
                Participant

No settings I can find, can’t even get the V3.x manual site just says manual can’t be found before you even search for anything.  If there’s one thing Skoda and VAG are really poor at it’s software, Apps and web stuff!

Ioniq
                  Participant

@phaedra

If you have a smart phone throw some tunes on that and see if it works better?

My last car was awful I had to connect my phone everytime i got in.

My current car plays where it left off on ignition.

Your car must be seeing the memory stick as a new device on startup. Hopefully there is something in the sys menu to fix that.. this ioniq came with the thickest instruction manual av ever seen.aybe try the phone and bluetooth connection, it may work as it should for you.

Its a steep learning curve.

kezo
                    Participant

Mention it to the dealer when you take it in.

Phaedra
                      Participant

Another one to add to the list for tomorrow,

4. Update on MP3 problem
                        Not the stick, not 3 other sticks or a 1Tb hard drive.
                        Every time I get back in it goes to the same track in the same folder, not even the first track in the root directory.
                        I’ve formatted them as Fat, Ex-Fat and NTFS makes no difference, it will not remember where it was
                        It also adds a “log” directory to whichever device is connected, no other car I’ve had has ever done that.

Not a major issue but bloody annoying, same as the subwoofer not working, for a £50K car (£48K plus £2K for the Advanced pack) you’d have thought someone would have noticed before it passed quality control 🙁

kezo
                        Participant

Just to confirm your not using an adapter from SD to USB-C by any chance?

Phaedra
                          Participant

Nope 2x USB C sticks, 2 USB A via an adaptor and an SSD in a housing using a quality C to C lead.

No playlist files on the drives, the track it goes to starts with an A but it then plays the rest of the directory in the usual order, there are several tracks starting with 01 02 03 etc. then that track.

kezo
                            Participant

A quick search, shows its not only the Enyak playing mp3 files from usb c.

Phaedra
                              Participant

@kezo Car at the garage for 9am, so far they’ve done a free health check, I’ll be pleased to know the crappy Bridgestone tyres all have a massive 6mm of tread, it doesn’t need any oil or coolant and there’s no rust or wear to the brakes 🙂

In other news, I hadn’t realised my IHD would now be constantly lying to me as apparently they can’t read two tariff’s so anything used during the 6hrs or extra that I get at 7.5p/kWh will be read at 29.58p/kWh, so there’s no way to know how much charging or other usage is actually costing 🙁

Octopus do make a device to give accurate real time readings called a Mini, I’ve signed up for one but there’s a massive waiting list for it 🙁

And, as I typed this the garage have rang to say my car is done, no idea if they’ve fixed anything but we’ll see in about 30mins, I’ll let you know 🙂

kezo
                                Participant

Why would they do a health check on a car less than a week old!

Looking forward to any updates shortly 🙂

Participant

Standard Pulman procedure, before they even think about doing what the car is in for, they spend a couple hours desperately trying to find something else they can charge for. My Tiguan was in for a replacement fuel flap regulator and I was asked if I wanted to pay for coolant, ac and oil top ups.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

Phaedra
                                    Participant

@kezo

Had it booked into the dealer today as the sub woofer barely makes any difference to the amount of bass.
                                      Even the sales manager agreed it was very quiet.

Just collected it and no fault found!, they reckon that’s how it is in the new 85 series.

They compared it to a 69 plate Superb which was louder and a 71 plate which was about the same, they reckon it’s working fine.

I’ve had previous cars with sub woofers and every one, when turned up, would punch you in the guts, vibrate the rear view mirror etc.

This one sounds about the same as my previous Ateca with the standard sound system.

If you take up the boot floor you can just hear it working but it’s def. not loud.

Others on the UK/Ireland Enyaq forum have said their subs def. rattle the boot and mirror if turned up above +3, mine makes virtually no difference to the sound from -9 to +9.

kezo
                                      Participant

I think my next move would be, requesting a partial refund of the pack price or you will complain to the Motor Ombudsman.

It needs comparing to an equivulent Enyak, if thats the way they want to do it (which can’t be right) not a different model, such has the Mk3 2015-2023 Superb. Are you sure they disn’t fob you off with 71 plate Superb actually having standard system.

What Skoda dealers are near you, preferably from a different group?

Phaedra
                                        Participant

Sunderland are also Pulman, there’s Lookers in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

I think I’ll ring Skoda UK and see what they say.

Waste of time, gave me a number for Skoda Connect and it comes up invalid.  Checked in on the Skoda Connect webpage and same number.

kezo
                                          Participant

Have you joined Briskoda and asked if theres anyone near you with an Enyak that has Canton and wouldn’t mind letting you listen to theirs and perhaps video recording the difference, to show another dealer?

Phaedra
                                            Participant

I’m on UK&Ireland group on Facebook and just joined Enyaqforums.

Joined BriSkoda as well 🙂

kezo
                                              Participant

Sunderland are also Pulman, there’s Lookers in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I think I’ll ring Skoda UK and see what they say.

If you phone Skoda UK, tell them your not happy with the way Pulman did tested what you believe to be a faulty sub by comparing it only a 69 and 71 plate Superb, rather than carrying out any proper diagnostic checks.

Phaedra
                                                Participant

They were useless, gave me a phone number that doesn’t work. See above.

kezo
                                                  Participant

They were useless, gave me a phone number that doesn’t work. See above.

Tel: 03330 037 504

customerservices@skoda.co.uk

or via their contact us form (bottom of page)

https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/contact-us

Phaedra
                                                    Participant

That’s who I rang 🙁

kezo
                                                      Participant

That’s who I rang ?

It rings for me – a bloke relays a standard message before putting you through!

Try it again 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.