First Charge!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Phaedra
    Participant

First Charge!
      Had to do a quick splash-n-dash as my Ohme cable still hasn’t arrived so can’t charge at home, supposed to be sent Tuesday, rang Friday and not sent after all 🙁

Had a look on Electroverse and found some 300Kwh Fastned chargers @69p per kWh 9 miles away, set off and remembered to stick battery heating on!.
      Plenty of free charge points, easy enough to work out how to use them, only problem was the charge flap wouldn’t open, this is a 9 day old car!!. Took about 5mins of constant unlocking/locking to get it to open. What I found was that double locking (makes a bigger noise) then unlocking seems to do the trick.

Anyway, 20mins and a Greggs hot drink and a sausage & bacon bun later, topped up with 39.77kWh at 93.4kW charge speed. My Octopus account shows -£31.97??   I worked out 39.77kWh @69p to be £27.44, I also had £10 credit on the card so am I missing something obvious?

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MFillingham
      Participant

It’s not as complicated as some make out, is it?  That’s anywhere between 75 and 150 miles in 20 minutes, depending on weather/driving style, and that really can’t be bad.

Your maths makes a lot more sense that the actual cost unless there’s a connection charge, which is incredibly rare these days.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Ioniq
        Participant

@phaedra

It,s these little surprises that is not obvious.

Some have a connection or parking charge, some take money out in £10 or £20 increments.

Some have a fee for creating the account on the app.

If you add a few apps it can mount up

Badwolfe
          Participant

@phaedra If you add a few apps it can mount up

So can the costs of all these coffees and snacks whilst you’re waiting for the car to charge 😛

kezo
            Participant
              Phaedra
              Participant

@kezo Thats exactly what I have, price on the charger showed 69p same on the Fastned website.  There’s nothing there about extra charges for anything.  So I’ve been charged at 80.38p, I’ve messaged Octopus Electroverse so will see if I get an answer.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
                Participant

@kezo Thats exactly what I have, price on the charger showed 69p same on the Fastned website. There’s nothing there about extra charges for anything. So I’ve been charged at 80.38p, I’ve messaged Octopus Electroverse so will see if I get an answer.

Fastned website also quotes 69p

https://fastnedcharging.com/en/ev-charging-price

kezo
                  Participant

@Phaedra out of curiosity how many additional miles did 40kw top up give 🙂

Phaedra
                    Participant

Good question, I’d have to guess, I was on 20% battery when I got there and it was showing 58 miles when I left home so around 50 when I got there.

After charging it said 72% and 225 I think, currently the “guessometer” is saying 70% and 213 miles.

kezo
                      Participant

Good question, I’d have to guess, I was on 20% battery when I got there and it was showing 58 miles when I left home so around 50 when I got there. After charging it said 72% and 225 I think, currently the “guessometer” is saying 70% and 213 miles.

Around 170 miles in 20 mins isn’t bad at all given we are still in colder temps.

Lets hope Ohme have sent out the cable and it arrives tomorrow, Tuesday at latest. If not get on the blower to MO.

I’d also be interested to hear what comes of the higher than expected charging cost earlier 🙂

Adrian_H
                        Participant

@Phaedra does the Enyaq not come with a charging cable which can be plugged in to the Ohme charger when at home? If so I guess it isn’t long enough for you. I’m having a home pod pro fitted in Feb, the guff online says it is available with a 5m or an m8 cable but there is no quest about what wire you require in the application process. Has any had the tethered home pod pro with an 8M cable? and if so, at what stage in the process did you request the length.

Phaedra
                          Participant

It’s showing on my Ohme application page, next to which charger do you want.

kezo
                            Participant

@Phaedra does the Enyaq not come with a charging cable which can be plugged in to the Ohme charger when at home? If so I guess it isn’t long enough for you. I’m having a home pod pro fitted in Feb, the guff online says it is available with a 5m or an m8 cable but there is no quest about what wire you require in the application process. Has any had the tethered home pod pro with an 8M cable? and if so, at what stage in the process did you request the length.

Speak to MO or Ohme, requesting 8m cable before installation.

Phaedra
                              Participant

Found it, choice of charger and cable length is under “Your Ohme Charger”

Ioniq
                                Participant

Adrian,

If you open the link in the first email from Ohme where you configure your e-pod or whatever, see if you can change to the cable or indeed the charger of your choice.  Phardra put up a screenshot of the page.

IF you cannot change the pod or cable, then email ohme and they will set the 8m cable to be installed as you wish.

There is a cut off date for editing the home survey section the closer to install time. But an email to Ohme helpdesk will fix that for you

NanasRob71
                                  Participant

@Phaedra

Have a read here, as many others are experiencing charge flap issues – many having to be recovered at road side! I hope yours doesn’t get worse.

https://www.enyaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1941

Phaedra
                                    Participant

Yes, I’m well aware, it’s a common problem on VAG cars.  I’ve found that by locking it several times once the lock makes a louder sound it will then open next unlock (if that makes sense).

Again it’s a new and improved system that wasn’t needed, my Ateca never once failed to open in over 3-1/2 years.  I’ll be mentioning it to the dealer when the car goes in to have the subwoofer looked at on Wednesday.  There’s already another 85x user on the facebook Enyaq group who thinks his subwoofer isn’t working properly either!.

kezo
                                      Participant

Long shot – is there anything in the destruction manual under door lock settings you can adjust, so the flap doesn’t lock? At least untill its sorted?

Read somewhere it will need a replacement lock as it gradually gets worse but not sure if that was for the 80.

Phaedra
                                        Participant

No instruction book!, a QR code to download one but it’s not correct, a lot of the software instructions don’t correspond to the new V4.0 version.

However, Parcel Force just dropped of my 8m cable 🙂  So going to go and see if I can get my Octoplus set up and do a test charge!.

kezo
                                          Participant

Thats useful isn’t it!

Glad you cable got delivered 🙂

Phaedra
                                            Participant

Connected up, cable just fits!, test charge worked so all set to charge at 7.5p as soon as Octopus get my tariff switched over ?

kezo
                                              Participant

I imagined you would have had a meter or so spare!

Lets hope they sort the sub out tomorrow, along with the charger door.

Phaedra
                                                Participant

It’s going in Weds

Phaedra
                                                  Participant

@kezo

Had a reply from Electroverse, their records show I had 46.336kWh for the charge.

They also said if I look in the App the bottom middle button would show the charge details, it doesn’t, all it shows is the £10 discount to be used at the next charge.

I think the App is broken, it still has 2 red dots telling me to order a card and activate it, both of which I’ve already done.  If I try to re-scan or enter the card manually it says already registered.  I’ve let them know.

kezo
                                                    Participant

Did you attach the photo showing 39.77kW charge, when you contacted them?

£4 isn’t the end of the world but, worth baring in mind and checking everything is working as should 🙂

Phaedra
                                                      Participant

Yes I did, as you say it’s only £4.

However, the most worrying thing is the Electroverse App/account isn’t syncing with my card.  The card activated the charger and took payment from my Octopus account as it’s supposed to.  But, the transaction isn’t showing on the App, it didn’t use the £10 credit and it still says order and activate a card even though the one I have is registered on it.

I’ve message back to Electroverse so just waiting for another reply.

Edit.  Just got an email, Octopus have switched me over to Intelligent Octopus Go, that was fast!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.