Ethical Inside Information

• Creator
    Topic
  • #188885 Reply
    T.O.M.
    Participant

Is there a way of knowing whether some APs are likely to go up or down before the next quarter?

The last time I ordered a new car, it reduced in price by £600 at the turn of the quarter.  This just happened to be the day I picked up my car, but I felt a bit short changed.

I know that in recent times there’s been an upward trend in APs, but just wondered if there is anyone here that can make this experience be less of a gamble?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188888 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

No way of knowing.

#188892 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

Ours came down by around £150, my partner wrote to Motability as this was the second time it happened, they refunded the difference without any hassle. The following quarter in the middle of lockdown it went up £2000.

#188893 Reply
    T.O.M.
    Participant

Thank you @Jojoe that is helpful.

#188896 Reply
    Ian

Jojoe did you write to them again offering to pay the extra £2000 when it went up lol😊😊😊😊😊😊

#188898 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

My previous vehicle’ AP went down from when initially ordered it and the dealership just cancelled and reordered at the lower AP.

#188917 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

Ian
    Jojoe did you write to them again offering to pay the extra £2000 when it went up lol😊😊😊😊😊😊

Let me 🤔. That would be no 😂

#188941 Reply
    Smoggy

All you can really do is from the 25th onwards keep checking here for a thread or on manufacturers sites in the hope the new aps leak quite often they do.

#188948 Reply
    T.O.M.
    Participant

Thanks to you all. I guess it pays to order before the new quarter then, because you can get refunded the difference if it goes down.  Yet, if it goes up then you don’t have to pay the extra.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Ethical Inside Information
Your information: