DWP Plan green paper PIP threat

• Creator
    Topic
    Tiny tim
    Participant

Well it seems yet another attack on the disabled will PIP end what will happen to Mobility as vouchers Rishi said seems to like and even with another change of Gov what is expected in PIP reform withdrawing our small £184 a week I do not know what I would do as a pensioner as well. I do think Labour should stand up and support the PIP allowance as I was originally on DLA and the had to apply for PIP in 2017 which was a tory change yet again it seems they say too many are on this Allowance they say well yet again it was the tories and DWP that started allowing Autism and other issues onto PIP and now they wonder why why it has increased. To be honest DLA and PIP used to be you had to be unable to walk a certain distance or be wheelchair bound, also they seem to be taking note of what new zealand does with benefits and norway it used to be USA it is very worrying to all us Disabled what does the future have in store for us.Should we ditch our cars yet and what about all the expense of having a motability car and a power folding scooter and other aids we have to pay for out of our own pockets how would that work with taking our money away or one off payments and even Vouchers it is totally outrageous to even think this but hey these people are ruthless and not disabled as they want to   make cuts to fund tax cuts and cull National Insurance which when working we all paid into if we were or become disabled.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tiny tim
      Participant

The minister for disabled people has refused to explain why she shared a social media post that described her own government’s disability benefit reforms as “dangerous” and accused ministers of “demonising” disabled people.

Mims Davies, who has been minister for disabled people for just four months, shared the post by a disability charity on Tuesday.

The previous day, her government had launched proposals for cuts and reforms to personal independence payment (PIP) that were branded a “brutal, ideological attack” on disabled people’s support (see separate story).

Under the plans for England and Wales, which are now out for consultation, ministers are considering making it harder to claim disability benefits and replacing cash-based payments with vouchers or one-off grants.

kezo
        Participant
          Tiny tim
          Participant

Does anyone remember the independent Living fund which was scrapped and disabled can no longer apply for it and the Gov said the money would instead be given to county councils to share it out to us for daily living well that was a farce as bad as vouchers and a catalogue for our appliances. The Independent living fund was a great thing to add to disabled help with the cost we have to deal with but alas it is no more.

Rich44
            Participant

Well there’s light at the end of the tunnel courtesy of yesterday’s elections. Goodbye Tories very soon. I just hope this time people remember how bad 2010 until now has been instead of rushing back in a few years.

Considering it was Cameron that created pip in the first place, why does it need reforming after such a short time? Is it because the Tories are morons and flubbed it Last time?

Tiny tim
              Participant

Ride on Rich you are right there.

Participant

There’s a General Election anytime soon so a lot of hot air about trying to get voters attention! You’ll hear a lot more yet!

Seen it all before!

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August) Brought forward to week 27 (W/C 1st July 24)

tudor777
                  Participant

The gov certainly did not “start allowing autism onto PIP”, autistic people have always been eligible for support and quite rightly so! PIP covers how a disability affects a person, it has nothing to do with the diagnosis.

It’s outrageous when some disabled people feel they are more entitled to support than others.

The problem is that the tories have cut so many nhs services that people cannot access treatment quick enough to avoid ending up on PIP in the first place.

Rich44
                    Participant

Considering this shower can’t get their Rwanda stuff thru the odds on them doing anything with pip before next year is laughable tbh

This is sabre rattling to woo all the nasties out to vote tory “well sort out all the scroungers dont you worry”

As long as the pensioners get their triple lock they’ll keep voting Tory… They’re just so desperate they keep on attacking each individual group vote scrounging via the lowest common denominator straight outta the Trump playbook

Rich44
                      Participant

Oh as for mental health etc being “allowed” there are no lists of illnesses that qualify you for pip it’s all about the effect the symptoms have on you as I’m sure everyone here knows.Seeing as the Tories created pip you’d think they’d know all this stuff.

Maybe if they don’t like mental health issues creating a claim they could oh you know fix ntal health treatment in this country?

I’m like most here disabled one way or another yet I see a young lady sitting in the middle of the ring road in Norwich getting beeped at sworn at.

My wife and I are the ONLY people to stop and help. Poor girl is desperate for help, she’s on the cusp of granddad making her homeless because he can’t care for her. Police turn up after 20 minutes treat me like crap, treat the wife like crap and threaten the girl instead of trying to help.

I felt so helpless for her. I figured police would attend and help but no they just threaten to arrest everyone inc us because we didn’t get in our car and leave the second they arrived.

I’ve been there I attempted suicide when I was 20 there was zero help back then either. You know what help I got from the hospital shrink?

“That was stupid don’t do it again” case discharged.

I’ve had rows with my MP over mental health support too all whilst he’s patting himself on the back for raising 100k by running a marathon meanwhile voting with the whip on everything.

My wife has a friend with issues and she self harms or takes overdoses almost weekly. The mental health place will only take you for treatment if you’re suicidal BUT haven’t done anything about it in the past 6 months. If not sorry we can’t help you there is nowhere else btw

When you think about the 85,000 extra nurses and 62,000 extra Dr’s that Blair and Brown employed and now that’s all gone and then some. It’s going to take a generation to fix the mess from the past 14 years or so of needless austerity.

The fact the Tories were let back in so easily after the 80s and 90s when we’d just had the longest period of low inflation since the 60s under Labour, tories were let back in and EVERYTHING has been destroyed. We can’t even safely drive on British roads anymore due to the road surface.

Look Labour weren’t perfect mistakes were made Iraq and PFI for one but on the whole 97-08 they did way more good than harm in lifting over a million kids outta poverty. The Tories have just ruined it and I feel heartbroken for my kids now.

Harrysback
                        Participant

Hopefully it’s another example of pre-election scaremongering.

The current incumbents know that the ” Red Wall” , traditionally Labour, are very reactive.

So throw them some red meat.

Scroungers nicking our jobs, getting on the NHS, illegals, foreigners….

Same old playbook.

Create bogeymen. Then blame the bogeymen for the nation’s ills. This simple ruse deflects blame for the dire conditions of public services away from those who have slashed funding and the blame is on the weakest.

The rich get the middle class to blame the poor. Rinse and repeat.

Harrysback
                          Participant

My last line should have had quote marks…..not my words. The middle class are a creation of the post industrial era according to Thomas Piketty…. before then there were the rich and the poor…..the Idle Rich I mean.

They’re still with us.

They’re to be admired, curtseyed to, cap doffed to. They are good people, the Idle Rich. Unlike the Idle poor….. scroungers, nicking our jobs….etc

Spot the contradiction.  But yes I’m angry so please forgive this quasi political diatribe. I’m Idle. I’m not a scrounger. I’ve worked and paid. And done charity work. And got my three kids through university. And my back doesn’t work. And I’m in pain.

So I’m angry and apologetic to you.

Rich44
                            Participant

It’s what there needs to be more of our stories, our truth THE truth.

Harrysback
                              Participant

Well said. True.

But the girl on the roundabout. I could cry.

They’ve broken the fabric of society.

Their prophet, Thatcher, said ” there’s no such thing as society”.

Along comes Osborne and Wham!

What isn’t broken?

Take care of yourself and each other ’cause the Govt won’t.

Tiny tim
                                Participant

I was previously on DLA and I am sure Some Mental Health and even physically Disabled were not on DWP list there was the how many yards you can walk without discomfort Questions and also I myself suffer from Mental Health and Physical so I am not saying people with Autism should not be on PIP but it was the tories and Disability Rights uk that said more and more people with mental problems will now be entitled to PIP. And  n0w more are Applying for it  they started Squealing there are too many on PIP they did the same with DLA saying too many claiming. And what about the Pension Credit there were big ads in newspapers by DWP saying apply for the credit well will there be then too many on this it just goes on what suits any Gov is up for cuts the same as saying the triple lock on our pensions is not sustainable in the future when the waste in gov spending ie: the covid mask waste all money lost and loads more like MOD in Margate new Asylum centre saw it the other day the amount of Private security on the site was unbelievable how much is this all costing yet they want to take away £184 a week from us is it me or am I Mad.

kezo
                                  Participant

@Tiny-tim

Walking is not the only descriptor

I was previously on DLA and I am sure Some Mental Health and even physically Disabled were not on DWP list there was the how many yards you can walk without discomfort Questions and also I myself suffer from Mental Health and Physical so I am not saying people with Autism should not be on PIP but it was the tories and

Planning and following journey’s is as relavant, as how many meters you can walk without discomfort!

Activity 1 considers a claimant’s ability to follow the route of a familiar or unfamiliar journey as well as to plan and undertake a journey. As with all the other activities, a claimant is to be assessed as satisfying a descriptor only if they can do so reliably.

Descriptors:

Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points
                                    Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points
                                    Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points
                                    Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points
                                    Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points
                                    Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points

Tiny tim
                                    Participant

@Tiny-tim Walking is not the only descriptor

I was previously on DLA and I am sure Some Mental Health and even physically Disabled were not on DWP list there was the how many yards you can walk without discomfort Questions and also I myself suffer from Mental Health and Physical so I am not saying people with Autism should not be on PIP but it was the tories and

Planning and following journey’s is as relavant, as how many meters you can walk without discomfort! Activity 1 considers a claimant’s ability to follow the route of a familiar or unfamiliar journey as well as to plan and undertake a journey. As with all the other activities, a claimant is to be assessed as satisfying a descriptor only if they can do so reliably. Descriptors: Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points

You are right Kezo I remember that on DLA it is not that we are saying anyone is undeserving but the DWP like many do Judge us which is not nice.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.