Downing Street Party Investigation

• Creator
    Topic
  • #174247 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174251 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Odds on the next leader of the Tory party.

I want to change the voting rules to stop all those who voted for BJ from ever voting again. It was obvious what a twat he was and millions, mainly English voters, couldnt see him for what he is.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#174267 Reply
    Daf

I still hope he stays on as he’s the best recruiting sergeant for progressive left of centre political parties you could wish for. He epitomises what the Tories are all about but is too arrogant and/or stupid to cover his tracks.

Whilst I despise all he does and stands for it’s a case of short term pain for long term gain. Don’t be surprised to learn of lots more examples of Ill  disguised corruption by the Tories in the near future!

#174529 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Will Boris be kicked out? I reckon the odds are about even. Many of his own MPs say they are outraged by his PM partying. Their in boxes are flooded by similarly outraged constituents. However, one force still firmly behind Boris is the Daily Mail. These quotes are from a recent leader article:

To a large extent, he is the architect of his own misfortune. It’s now abundantly clear that he and his staff openly and consistently flouted the strict lockdown rules they themselves decreed.

But today this newspaper asks, is it really in this country’s interests – or indeed those of the Tory party – for him to go?

Shouldn’t that be enough to persuade voters, angry as they have every right to be, to give him a second chance?

Since most MPs, and governments for that matter, do what the Mail tells them if they want to stay in power, it seems likely that he’ll get the “second chance”. And, please, don’t accuse me of doing the “conspiracy theory” thing and/or breaking the forum rules by writing about politics. This is a thread about politics and I do not think WMC’s rules forbid political comment.

Moreover, what the devil has happened to the doctrine of “Ministerial Responsibility”? This aspect of our, unwritten, constitution holds that ministers, including the PM, are responsible for actions in their Ministry. Even if the minister is unaware of those actions – said minster is responsible for them and must take the blame when things go wrong.

#174541 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The 2019 election was a choice between Boris and Corbyn. What will happen now? Boris is in hiding using the excuse of contact with someone who has Covid 19 as the reason, yet he does not have to self isolate. I have a feeling there will be more revelations, perhaps the press have some already and want to keep them for the Sunday’s or maybe Tuesday evening just ahead of PMQ’s. Personally I have no respect for BJ and the sooner he goes or is booted out the better. Untrustworthy and a clown!

#174543 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Ah but… Who would you put in his place fwippers?  Sunak, Truss, Gove?   Do we deserve any of them?

#174566 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Ah but… Who would you put in his place fwippers? Sunak, Truss, Gove? Do we deserve any of them?

I think any would be better, however, look at the Americans, is Biden better than Trump? Whoever takes over will behave with a bit more decorum. Boris has to face the Queen this week, a bit embarrassing!

#174568 Reply
    Brydo

they will want a coronatin, a contest could reveal major party devides. Ive heard theres anti Liz Truss group already set up and working. I would expect a fight between Gove and Sunak with Sunak winning as the Torries dont like the Scots.

#174570 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

No chance for Gove, he’s too much of an embarrassment. Sunak and Hunt are working to keep Truss out of the running. Don’t forget the Conservative Party membership are offered a choice from two.

#174616 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Now I like Boris warts and all, it does not matter who replaces him or what party is in power, they all start of ok . To be honest I think there all a bunch of tossers

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#174618 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I rather think the Conservative Party will hang onto Johnson until the local elections in the spring and see how much ground he can recover by then.

#174644 Reply
    Brydo

Oscarmax I nearly joked on my Foie gras when I read your post lol, but just out of interest what do you like about BJ?

#174654 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax I nearly joked on my Foie gras when I read your post lol, but just out of interest what do you like about BJ?

Brydo all these politician are the same without exception  , all have inflated egos and importance, they are all there to line their own pockets.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#174680 Reply
    Brydo

Oscarmax I would hate to think that’s true, but assuming your correct surely once we find out they are not fit for the job they should be moved on. If they are not what they get away with becomes the “norm”, the basis on which we judge future politicians.

In BJs case he thinks he can get away with anything he does, no matter what. We can’t have people in general, and the PM in particular thinking the rules don’t apply to them.

#174681 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Regrettably our democratic system doesn’t work like that. We elect our representatives every 5 years (or less, their choice) and the ruling party then gets on and does what it wants “in our name”.  The opposition are supposed to oppose but they don’t. And if course the rules we are required to live by don’t apply to any of them.

#174754 Reply
    Brydo

“They think it’s all over” is it?

Has Cummings finally got his revenge?

#174816 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

By tradition, if he’s lied to parliament, he should resign.  What are the chances of that?  Then the opposition could call a vote of no confidence which they would lose because they don’t have the numbers. Then the 1922 committee could get the numbers to sack him, which they won’t because no-one wants a leadership contest dragging on for months….

So he’ll sack a few people from number 10, announce a few Tory policies for the back benchers to take back to the local parties and stay put.

#174818 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

It really is a case of “Don’t do as I do. Do as I say!”

And, merely a side issue to the whole thing – has anyone read the Mail leader articles? I only read a few to see what stance that organ was saying about the affair. I may have been out of the newspapers for quite a while, but I was shocked by the appalling standards shown in the Mail leaders. They are little more than screaming rants against the Labour party, the BBC and anyone else who questions BJ’s actions. No reasoning, no logical argument, nothing but irrelevant invective.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Downing Street Party Investigation
Your information: