Don’t have a drive in a Tesla model 3 It’s not worth it

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127047 Reply
    Martinod

So I was out looking at cars today and there’s a new Tesla centre opened in Glasgow

so I went in and I had a shot in a model 3 don’t do it it’s not worth .

it was fantastic I loved , why did I do it it’s not on Motability and I can not afford it , you shouldn’t Look at cars you can’t afford

but it was great , maybe one day

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127275 Reply
    Martinod

I thought someone would have commented on this

#127277 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Well, I considered a reply but as I already drive an EV there’s less of a gap between my car & the Tesla than between a fossil & the Tesla.

Whilst thinking about the move to the current car I did look at the Tesla Model 3 & priced up various options, lease & buying outright, I decided that this wasn’t the right time for me to buy the Model 3 outright, & the lease was still a little too high for me to justify. So, I’ll manage for the next 3 years on what I have.

Now if I’d looked at the Model Y I’d probably have found the extra money.

#127280 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Have 2 friends with a model 3 and both have had loads of problems with them, one had to have his repainted as the quality from the factory was shocking and took lots of arguing and independent inspections to get it authorised, since coming back it’s had to have the panel gaps aligned twice and has broken down several times (all attributed to the strip down and rebuild for painting), the other just seems to go wrong every other month with weeks at a time with it in the shop.

Not saying this is normal but there are loads of customer reviews out there with loads of problems, money doesn’t buy everything.

#127281 Reply
    Martinod

I though I would like one but it’s so expensive

£11500 deposit then balance £35000 (Scottish gov interest free loan) over 6  years  plus everything insurance etc

it ready does make Motability look not that bad

#127295 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

It seems that the build quality and reliability of Tesla’s is not good.
    And the really scary thing for me is that the door handles in the rear are purely electric.
    Watch these. 😮

Of course these guys could have bought a Friday car! 😐

On the second vid, look at the panel misalignment at 8:36 😮

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#127297 Reply
    Martinod

The reason I considered the model 3 was electric ( I really would like electric ) and 4×4

And range

I do like other ev  like some that are on Motability

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Don’t have a drive in a Tesla model 3 It’s not worth it
Your information: