Does your garage pick up your car for a service?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  MikeFromLFEW 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #83035 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

We have a Volvo xc60 and our garage is about 16 miles away but whenever something needs done they come and pick it up and drop it off when finished.

I think its great but wondered how many garages do this.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #83041 Reply

Mark Strugnell

Our Peugeot dealer has offered to do this on the Rifter we ordered recently.

It was a deal clincher for us.

#83042 Reply

Markymate

My Vauxhall dealer for six years always picked up, serviced and valeted then drop back. Couldn’t fault the service at all.

Haven’t had the Skoda serviced yet so not sure if it’ll be as good.

#83043 Reply

James

I’ve never personally asked this question but my neighbour have had Vauxhall do the pick up and drop off for service and warranty work but they charge £20 for the privilege! Or charge a daily fee for a courtesy car. I’m guessing different dealerships have different rules.

#83045 Reply

lesmond
    Participant

Our dealer drops off a courtesy car and takes ours, and vice versa. No charge!

2019. KUGA Titanium X Edition 1.5, petrol, manual in Chrome Blue

#83046 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes my local VW dealer does it just 5 miles away but I prefer to drive there and sit and have coffee biscuits bought to me by the gorgeous ex managers wife

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#83047 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Vauxhall charging £20 ? At least dick Turpin wore a mask

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#83049 Reply

James

Just to note my neighbour isn’t a scheme customer and personally I wouldn’t pay £20 but he says he’s not sitting in a dealership for any length of time

#83050 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

We’re on our third Mota vehicle – Ford/Vauxhall/Ford – and both dealers have always collected and returned the car to our home. A courtesy car was also always offered, but we didn’t need it.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Mota cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#83051 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

On 7 occasions my Seat dealer has not been able to supply me with a courtesy car and are 0 for 5 on fixing an ongoing problem, absolute shower!

#83054 Reply

mitch
    Participant

citroen chesterfield collect and redeliver as do mini chesterfield.

thats stratstone and stoneacre, stoneacre do citroen,peugeot,fiat,seat,suzuki and skoda in chesterfield as well so the same would apply to them as the servicing centre does them all.

#83060 Reply

callmejohn

I have had my last 9 cars picked up and returned, as a courtesy car would be no use to me, as i need it automatic with hand controls and a large enough boot for a wheelchair.

So I would not deal with a dealership that did not provide this service, however I do appreciate the service that I have received.

#83063 Reply

MikeFromLFEW
    Participant

Our Toyota dealer (in Leicester) has offered this service. Not yet tried it out.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Does your garage pick up your car for a service?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: