Does anyone believe that Trump will be impeached?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Wigwam 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #95621 Reply

Rob

Has anyone been following the proceedings?

Rob

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #95669 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I hope he is his views on the disabled are shocking he mimicked a disabled person live on tv I remember

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#95671 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

It’s hard enough following the fake news and political machinations in the UK, so I try to shut out the fake news and political machinations emanating from the US.

So, no, Rob, not here.

#95679 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Im not sure

#95683 Reply

POPS

The Senate is even more dysfunctional than the House of Commons. Senators are either red or blue and vote accordingly even if they privately disagree with what they’re voting for.

To begin the process Congress has a blue majority (Democrats) so they will vote to impeach, then the decision will be sent up to the Senate for “trial by senatorial jurors” and the reds (Republicans) will vote against impeachment, with their majority making it certain that it finds in favour of the President …. So at the end of the day no impeachment, and Trump will claim very loudly that he’s been totally exonerated of any wrong doing, even though every fair minded person can see that he’s as guilty as sin.

There is no honour in politics!

#95688 Reply

mitch
    Participant

you’re spot on pops thats why i think theres only ever been 2 presidents impeached. one house or the other will save them.personally i think hes a chancer who only did it to boost his personal businesses as many of them were failing over the years. he claims to be a self made man but thats tosh, his father and others built things and he inherited considerably more than he has now. he claims hes made more than he was left but when you look at it closeley hes worth less now than he had when daddy died. many of his hotels and golf courses lose money why do you think he tried to get the g20 i thnk it was to meet at one of his resorts.

now theyve got to make do with camp david lol.

#97529 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

The American system is a shambles, as Pops said it is so partisan it just can’t work. On the face of it the presidential system of “checks and balance’s” set up by “the founding fathers” is a reasonable system. However it relies on the majority members being honest this, unfortunately, is not the case. Trump could do ANYTHING and not get jailed as a sitting President cannot be indicted, even though the constitution clearly states “no one is above the law”.

We talk about the Russia and China being the biggest risk to world peace, it is in fact the American people who claim this prize. They voted in a moron to be President, they seem to believe celebrity is God and are still behind him in large numbers even though he lies in his tweets and interviews everyday.

He is a crook and an imbeceil and he heads the wealthiest country in the world, he has put relations with the USA natural allies back twenty years and he could still win the next election.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#97549 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Totally agree Brydo every word

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#97580 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I’m not a close followed of US politics – too much like reality TV shows for me – but however bad Trump may be, which of the rest of them would you want in his place? Seems to me they are all dangerous.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Does anyone believe that Trump will be impeached?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: