Dealers love to lie

• Creator
    Topic
    ChrisWilson
    Participant

Its that time again when we’re due to order our new car so we’re looking at the ionic five and I’ve rung a few dealers to see what stock they have available or how long factory order will take to arrive?

I spoke with one dealer who said that they’ve got several cars coming through this month but couldn’t tell me the spec of the colour and said that we need to put your order onto the system first and then once Motability has approved your order we can edit and assign a vehicle, obviously they wanted a non refundable deposit as well

another one said that we can’t place any orders over the phone so come down we’ll have a look to see what stock is available if not once we’ll place an order with Motability within a few weeks will be able to give you an estimation on delivery. Couldn’t give any idea of times unless an order was placed

Not sure if this is just me but seems underhand at best

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      KamKam
      Participant

Yeah, that sounds like they are trying to get the sale. I’ve phoned a few different dealers to check stock over the phone and it was no problem.

There’s stock arriving 21.06, 15.07 and 24.07 but who knows if that’s already been allocated. If it’s a factory order expect to wait circa 7 month.

Participant

The trouble is so many dealers are so used to outright lying I’m pretty sure they believe the guff they give out to us customers as being true. I’ve heard it all over the years and I’d say 80% of it is utter carp! 😜

Carmad
          Participant

I think they’re very much all alike.  Then once they have your order you never hear from them until they contact you to make payment for the AP.  There are the odd ones around who will try to accommodate us with more accurate information but in the main I’ve found them to be rare.  I wouldn’t say that this is because we are Motability customers though, more something that is prevalent in the industry.

Believe it or not I was barred from a well known Motability Facebook group for criticising dealers as this could potentially jeopordise their relationship with dealers who often gave advanced notification of upcoming AP/availability changes.  No warnings, just a straight Go to jail card, lol.

Ioniq
            Participant

I suppose its who you get on the phone. Luckily, when I phoned Hyundai dealership to ask if they had any I5 Ultimates in stock, it was one of the managers who answered. He said he would check and would call back in 10 mins. True to his word he phoned back soon and said yes one in stock at another garage. It was a case of going to the dealership, cancelling my existing Motability order, and ordering the I5.

Not all dealerships are shonky.

swwchris
              Participant

I suppose its who you get on the phone. Luckily, when I phoned Hyundai dealership to ask if they had any I5 Ultimates in stock, it was one of the managers who answered. He said he would check and would call back in 10 mins. True to his word he phoned back soon and said yes one in stock at another garage. It was a case of going to the dealership, cancelling my existing Motability order, and ordering the I5. Not all dealerships are shonky.

I could not agree more, my experience with dealerships (albeit only two cars so far) has been excellent.

Steadyhorse
                Participant

I’ve been on the scheme virtually since its inception and only had a bad experience with 2 dealers, Volvo and more recently VW. Due to pick up my Honda ENY1 tomorrow and they have been great throughout the whole process. Seems to be the luck of the draw as to whether you get a good experience or not.

Participant

I’ve had lying times from volvo one of worst company’s ever dealt with ,more recently mercedes not dealership the company ,best experiance kia emg , don’t think they lied to me .

scope
                    Participant

I too have had some trouble with Hyundai dealerships recently regarding the Ioniq 5.

I think this is stemming from the impending facelift and “n-line” model due to be coming, no one can seem to give a straight answer though. Very frustrating.

Participant

I don’t see it as lying, they’re just trying to keep their options open to sell stock for the best profit. Strictly speaking all MB orders are supposed to be factory orders with whatever wait time is applicable. No dealer is going to reserve a stock/pipeline car for you without a firm order in case a retail customer walks through the door five minutes later offering them a much better margin than MB’s handling fee.

I’ve always gone into MB orders expecting a factory order with several months to wait and anything quicker is a bonus. The only exception to this is the few cars made in the UK, I got a Nissan Juke on factory order in 5 weeks (pre-pandemic obviously).

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

Participant

Not talking about wait times ,rudeness incompetent ,lying on general contact with them ,if you experienced attitude I have from mercedes you would see my point , but getting rid of mercedes in 3 weeks hopefully .

Steadyhorse
                          Participant

My current car is a Mercedes B200 and I’ve had no issues with the dealer from getting the car and the follow up servicing. Interesting how our experiences differ round the country.

Participant

Yes my dealer was good but mercedes as company mercedes customer service uk , are in Holland useless ,but we all have our opinions.  Am very happy with kia so far. Evan now when I get map update on mercedes I have to read accept conditions, tick boxes , I’m trying to go somewhere it wants me turn ignition off wait for download , as I’m getting rid car I just dismiss it , why not send me this on mercedes me app on my phone . We all have different experiances .

Participant

My dealership also had alteration done to mercedes center dealership , but forgot to have didabled entrance ,so I could not enter dealership for year and half , it had 10 steep scaffolding steps up to reception, but. They picked up returned car to my house ,even that had problems ,ok enough ,glad you had positive mercedes experiance.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.