Dacia’s new seven-seat MPV

• Creator
    Topic
  • #163149 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The all-new Dacia Jogger, the replacement for the Romanian brand’s Lodgy seven-seater MPV, will be unveiled at September’s Munich Motor show next week.

We’ve spied the Jogger testing before, but these new teaser images from Dacia confirm the car’s name and give us our best look yet at the firm’s new people carrier.

The car’s headlights clearly conform to Dacia’s new sleeker design, while the rear lights are reminiscent of Dacia’s Bigster concept car. Doing away with the old badge, the Dacia name is spelled out in large letters across the bootlid.

Dacia never sold its Lodgy MPV in the UK, but if the new Jogger is priced similarly to the outgoing Lodgy then we could see prices starting from around £15,000. This would easily undercut commercial vehicle-based MPVs like the Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot Rifter. The Jogger may also be geared slightly more towards off-roading than typical MPVs as Dacia says it ‘evokes the brand’s outdoor spirit’.

Dacia’s CEO Denis Le Vot has already confirmed that the Jogger will utilise the brand’s CMF-B platform, which underpins the Sandero supermini and will form the basis of every new Dacia model in future.

Following the upcoming reveal, Auto Express understands that the UK version of the Jogger will arrive at the same time as the main European launch, which should be in the second half of 2022. The confirmation follows spy pictures, taken earlier this year, that showed right-hand-drive versions of a Dacia MPV undergoing winter testing.

The Jogger is unlikely to be the only seven-seater in Dacia’s range in the medium-term. The company will launch a 4.6 metre-long SUV in late 2024 or early 2025 and le Vot said that the car, previewed by the Bigster concept, will have “at least five seats”.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163404 Reply
    Brydo

#163407 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

A manual gearbox! How very quaint. Georgie will be impressed…

#163408 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I posted this wigwam as MPVs appear to be as rare as hens teeth.

#163414 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Not a bad looking beast either, Brydo.

#163415 Reply
    Richardw

I quite like the chunky styling, not a bad looking vehicle.

#166850 Reply
    Frances Robb

As a Female I must admit that I like this new Jogger.

My complaints are:-

NOT 4WD

NOT A VERY BIG ENGINE

EXPENSIVE DOWN PAYMENT FOR MOTOBILITY CLIENTS  FOR A   CAR HALF THE PRICE OF MOST ON THE ROADS

Hoping to get a Test Drive A.S.A.P

#166882 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

A good car.

#166892 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

At £15,000 you would be crazy to get it on the scheme, much better to pay for it and keep it for five years. It would then be yours to do with as you wish.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Dacia’s new seven-seat MPV
Your information: