Car Collected :)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  joss 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118984 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Got to the dealers on time but had to wait about 25mins as he was signing up another Motability customer.  So I had time to have a good look round the car while he was doing that.

No real negatives, the central gear lever section hits my leg a bit but nothing drastic and the colour isn’t as metallic as I thought but perfectly acceptable, it’s more of a Postman Pat red 🙂

Managed to drive it to my daughters then home without anyone crashing into me which is a nice change!.  Set up my phone in less than 3 mins and added a USB and an SD card with enough music on them to last the three years!.  It drives very nicely, you can feel the difference to the Yeti straight away, much more responsive steering.  Plenty of headroom! with the seat fully lowered I have about 5″ spare (I’m 6′ 5″ and a bit)  I was quite surprised that the seat lean adjustment was the old fashioned big round knob, with the arthritis I find the lever type easier to use but once set I don’t think I’ll be moving it again 🙂

So, all in all very happy with it, yes there’s a few bits that are nicer on the Tiguan R-Line tech but nothing worth the £1,645 difference in the AP 🙂

Not great photos, sorry.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118985 Reply

mitch
    Participant

very nice phaedra, i must say seat have upped their game recently, i tried both  the arona and ateca and was quite impressed. particularly as you say the ap was a lot more reasonable.

like the wheels.

happy your mobile again, enjoy.

#118994 Reply

Declan
    Participant

Congrats. Very nice car. Health to enjoy.

#119002 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Thanks all 🙂

I’m off to bed for a bit, totally bushed!.  Had my online doctors interview this morning, he’s not happy with the physio just giving me a leaflet as I don’t have a good arm to help with the bad one!.  He’s booking 10 proper hands-on sessions via the insurance.  He agrees I have PTSD and it should clear in about a year which is a lot longer than my own GP said.  I can’t remember if he said I may have to go to some sort of counseling, no doubt someone will write me a letter to tell me!.

#119010 Reply

joss
    Participant

Great day all in all Phaedra. Car looks good to me👍 and as you said not idiots crashing into you on the way home. Enjoy my friend.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#119014 Reply

Ade

Looks very very good! Just enjoy the car matey!!

#119016 Reply

file28
    Participant

Happy new car

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#119024 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Oh that looks amazing. I love the colour and I love the wheels. ♥️

Put all the rubbish behind you now as much as possible and enjoy.

Happy travels 🚗 💨

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#119026 Reply

TomThumb
    Participant

I’m glad it’s all finally come together for you Phaedra, with everything you have been thru recently, now is the time to start to kick back, relax & enjoy your new car.

Tom…

#119027 Reply

Macca
    Participant

I thought the Ateca was a tidy package for sure, sadly not suitable for us. Excellent choice 👍

#119034 Reply

rox
    Participant

Thats the good thing how often does someone drive into a post box, hardly ever..

Red would not be my 1st choice but on a few occassions i have got a red car as it was the only one available.

I think seat do offer great value over Vw but with Vw you get the new tech 1st.. Like how the acc is on a stalk not the steering wheel, although on the all new leon it is and even on the FR which now it’s not only only excellence and ex lux .. I was tempted to get a seat leon but the dealers is just to far for servicing. Plus they stopped doing the engine i wanted the 190 tsi in the leon ex lux, although you could can get it in the ateca back in jan when i was looking but the ap was alot higher than the leon was. Good choice, somtimes you gotta go with the head over the heart and the wallet..

#119052 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I love a red car.

Many moons ago I had a Radiant Red XR4i. I polished it so much with Autoglym Super Resin Polish (when it had a better cutting action) and actually polished through the paint on the wings! I had to stop. 😂

A friend once said it looked like someone had poured red cream all over it and covered it in glass. 😁

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#119067 Reply

Tharg

Looks great, Phaedra. Love that colour. Glad you’re pleased with it. After all your rotten luck you need something bright and shiny to feel good about. Hope you’re feeling better, all the best!

#119154 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Well I was planning to have a rest today after all the excitement yesterday but it’s been non-stop phone calls and emails.   So much for relaxing 🙂

Went for a drive up to the nearest chip shop to get my son’s supper, had to pull over as a police car with blues and twos on came hurtling down our main street (30 limit) doing about 60+mph in the middle of the road!  Soon as I saw him coming I thought Oh God, not again!!! 🙂

#119185 Reply

joss
    Participant

@phaedra  Thought you were going to say they used blues n twos to get to chippy before lol. Hope the nerves settle for you.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Car Collected :)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: