Car Arrived in UK

• This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Liam.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #174548 Reply
    Liam

How long after a car arriving in the UK does it take to be delivered to the dealer?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174551 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

There’s no simple answer to that, Liam.  Amongst other things it depends on availability of transport. Once at the dealers there’s the vehicle preparation to be done too. In my experience it’s anything from 10 days to 3 weeks from landing before the car is ready to collect from the dealer.

#174552 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i’d agree. 2 weeks min usually unless you get lucky these days.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174553 Reply
    Paul

My focus estate landed in the uk on 5th Jan and I’m picking it up this Thursday so just over a fortnight in my case.  It was ordered in July last year mind 🙄

#174556 Reply
    Dacey

Two weeks sounds about right. What car did you order?

#174558 Reply
    Liam

Hi Dacey – I ordered a Ford Focus like Paul but not the estate version. So here’s hoping I’m lucky like Paul

#174569 Reply
    Mrfunky

My seat leon took just over 2 weeks in June last year

#174572 Reply
    Dacey

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you Liam! Expecting ours to arrive early hours of tomorrow morning. Hoping it definitely is on the ship I’ve been following and to get it in two weeks!

#174580 Reply
    Liam

What car did you order Dacey?

#174634 Reply
    Dacey

We ordered the Niro 2 spec in September. Crossing everything to have it by the end of the month. I’ve not driven in so long I may have forgotten how to! I’ve seen many order after us and collect a lot sooner but I guess they’re just lucky

#174646 Reply
    Liam

Has it arrived?

#174649 Reply
    Dacey

Ship has arrived. No confirmation as yet from the dealer ours is on there. It was said a few months ago that ours should arrive in the first batch of Niros to go to their dealership. The Niro 2 has been removed from general sale shortly after motability removed it. Hoping to hear from the salesman this week (fingers crossed)

#174747 Reply
    Dacey

Have confirmation it is in the country and going through the relevant checks! Very excited! I was told we’ll get it before the end of this month

#174811 Reply
    Liam

That’s great Dacey!! Please do upload some pics when you get it.

#174817 Reply
    rico

Luckiest I ever had was current rline tech tiggy, phoned dealer on the weds, he said oh we have one due in port on weds, but has a couple of extras, I barted if price drops next quater will he match it, he said no but throw in the extras free, was driving away by the following monday :O… very very much shocked me.

#174820 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Have confirmation it is in the country and going through the relevant checks! Very excited! I was told we’ll get it before the end of this month

yes great news. hope you enjoy it.. remember the report and pics

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174836 Reply
    Dacey

Liam and Struth, I will definitely report and post pics when it arrives. Both of my parents are disabled. I’m really happy I’ll be able to look after them the way they’ve looked after me. I’ve told them both to make a list of all the things they want to do as soon as it arrives.

#174971 Reply
    Liam

@Paul did you manage to get you car?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Car Arrived in UK
Your information: