BMW X1

• This topic has 55 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by joss.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #154261 Reply
    George

Received my X1 on Friday the car has a lot more added to it but also things have been removed CD player has now gone 2 12volt sockets are know longer there and l don’t know whether it’s my imagination but the rear seats seem a lot smaller than in my previous X1 also l have noticed on the government website that emissions number has risen from 141 grams to 161grams with the same engine as l had before.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #154263 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

George, is the 12v socket under the dash on the passenger side still there?

#154265 Reply
    George

Wigwam the 12volt under dash socket has been removed shame as l found it very convenient to plug in my dash cam etc.

#154266 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Yes, that’s what I use it for! So which one is left?

#154270 Reply
    George

You now have 1 in the boot and 1 in the console under the little sliding shutter previously there were 4 1 behind the back seats and 1 hidden under the dash in the passenger footwell

#154279 Reply
    joss

There is a topic over on bimmerpost about this. Have a read.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154285 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Our X1 has three. One under dash. One in front of the cupholders, one in the boot. In the rear are two USB”C” sockets.

#154286 Reply
    George

Wigwam what year is your X1

#154290 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

July 2018, George.

#154297 Reply
    Landyman

I didn’t know their was a third power socket.

Just checked and yes their is one on the passenger side under the dash. Which is great.

So mine is the same as Wigwam but first registered in April 2018.

#154304 Reply
    George

Well if you buy a new X1 you will only get 2 sockets but at nightime the car lights up like a Christmas tree lights everywhere

#154311 Reply
    Shellie

When did you order new one just rough idea on delivery times at min

#154312 Reply
    George

I ordered the Start of February

#154313 Reply
    Shellie

Can I ask which model we ordered the xline xdrive 20i not had any dates as yet

#154314 Reply
    George

Same car Xline Xdrive

#154315 Reply
    Shellie

It’s our first bmw can’t wait to be fair and my first automatic which I really need now thanks for help

#154331 Reply
    joss

It’s our first bmw can’t wait to be fair and my first automatic which I really need now thanks for help

@Shelli  you will love the BMW auto box. So smooth and silky you don’t notice the gear changes.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154332 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

George, was your old X1 2 wheel drive and your new one 4 wheel drive? Would explain the emissions.

#154333 Reply
    George

Wigwam both 4 wheel drive same engine same model

#154350 Reply
    Shellie

Thanks @joss can’t wait but sad in a way to see Volvo go but I just don’t like the xc40 we got xc60 love it but bmw always was in my choices until the x1 disappeared glad it’s back

#154354 Reply
    Rich
    Participant

We’ve had our X1 for 3 years and had no idea there was a socket under the glovebox! If I had known I would’ve plugged the dashcam in to it instead of the centre console!

#154438 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Received my X1 on Friday the car has a lot more added to it but also things have been removed CD player has now gone 2 12volt sockets are know longer there and l don’t know whether it’s my imagination but the rear seats seem a lot smaller than in my previous X1 also l have noticed on the government website that emissions number has risen from 141 grams to 161grams with the same engine as l had before.

George – the engine has changed slightly since your last X1. Don’t ask me to explain why or how, but it’s now 178bhp (down from 190) but is supposedly slightly quicker than the previous 190. The xDrive has a different auto box (8 Speed) versus 7 speed in the sDrive. As to whether that has always been the case I have no idea. I believe that the fuel economy in the 178bhp version is also slightly better than when it was 190bhp so it seems odd that the CO2 has gone up. Maybe it was understated before or the method of calculation has changed? I am probably clutching at straws here 😂 We have one on order. I don’t use the sockets so that won’t be an issue for me, and one of our options includes wireless charging etc, but I will miss a CD player. I haven’t quite mastered the digital revolution yet!

#154442 Reply
    George

Gloss Guy l never used the CD player in my previous X1 as to the gear box it was 8 speed as in this 2021 model. The car does seem to be quicker though and a bit softer on the suspension. Also missing on this latest car are the  2 electronic rear seat fold down switches although l don’t think l will miss them as they didn’t always work.

#154445 Reply
    Shellie

@gloss guy have you had any more date changes we finally have a slot not sure on expected estimate date as yet I’m thinking august/September

#154446 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Gloss Guy l never used the CD player in my previous X1 as to the gear box it was 8 speed as in this 2021 model. The car does seem to be quicker though and a bit softer on the suspension. Also missing on this latest car are the 2 electronic rear seat fold down switches although l don’t think l will miss them as they didn’t always work.

That’s interesting George. I didn’t drive the 2018 model, so can’t compare, as we dismissed it due to the interior quality and equipment being well below what I had been used to in other BMW’s I had owned (I had a private 5 Series at the time). When looking at the facelift model this time around, I was very impressed with how much these issues had improved. I found a 2018 price list and worked out that there is over £2,500 of kit that is standard now that were options 3 years ago and together with the leather look dash, extended ambient lighting and bigger Sat Nav, all these things combined really upgrade the interior IMO.

As someone mentioned on another thread, the 8-Speed Auto that BMW uses in some models is renowned as the best in the business. Why it’s only on the xDrive in the X1 20i I have no idea. Our current VW Tiguan has a dreadful lag that can catch you out at the worst possible time (even though it’s the 190PS version), so I’m looking forward to going back to a BMW. We had two extended test drives in different X1’s and thought that the suspension was brilliant. You hear the bumps rather than feel them (as we do in the Tiguan). Wouldn’t be surprised if they have tweaked it with the facelift as it had the perfect balance of comfort and handling.

Thankfully, my wife’s wheelchair fits perfectly in the X1 boot without the need for any rear seat adjustment so, other than the occasional tip run, I won’t need to touch them. I originally thought I was going to have to add the sliding rear seat as an option, but I don’t need to. I can even have the rear seat back on its most reclined position. On my 5 Series I had a 20GB hard drive and as I played a CD I could load it to the infotainment system, which I really liked. Even though I have added the biggest sat Nav option (because I want the Head-up Display) the X1 doesn’t have that, so I shall have to get used to streaming from my phone (although I listen to the radio mostly whilst driving). Other options we’ve added include wireless charging and Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System, so I might be more tempted to delve into Amazon Music more often!

#154447 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@gloss guy have you had any more date changes we finally have a slot not sure on expected estimate date as yet I’m thinking august/September

Hi Shellie. No further update since the last one a month ago, when the due date slipped back a month to the end of July. However, I am anticipating further delays and will be very surprised if we get the car before September, even though we ordered at the end of March and our dealer managed to nab a cancelled order slot which gained us a few months.

The semiconductor shortage doesn’t seem to be getting any better and is gradually affecting all manufacturers (other than Hyundai, who stockpiled them). I have added quite a few options to our X1 and the next thing I am expecting is a call to say that one or more options is either unavailable or if I insist on it will result in prolonged delay. The only good thing about these delays is that there will be another quarterly Motability price list out in a few weeks time. In the unlikely event that something better comes on the scheme I shall be cancelling!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
Reply To: BMW X1
Your information: