Blue Badge Reapplication reminder

• Creator
    Topic
  • #182188 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

As above title I had a reminder from the Department of Transport today to apply for the renewal of my BB that expires this year in June.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a reminder from the MoT before but assume this is something new because application time to process is up to 12 weeks. 😮

Do any of you guy’s ever get a reminder from MoT before Covid ? I normally apply 8 weeks before so may be why I don’t normally get a reminder.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #182189 Reply
    Joey

Just got my BB reminder a few mins ago

#182191 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Chris, never had a reminder so must be something new. I just renewed the wife’s and it took two weeks.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#182194 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Thought I’d better add that the reminder came via E-Mail.

Just filled out the form, takes about 30 minutes but took me about an hour to get all the files up together like proof of address, proof of PIP entitlement, NI number and the all important photograph.

A bit of a PITA as it asked if I had the PIP letter that tells me/them how many points I’d scored on mobility and having spent 10 minutes looking for the saved PDF I have of that form when I went to the next page it said “how many points does it say I scored” and could have save my time because I already know how many but thought they wanted me to upload the form.😒

#182192 Reply
    Richums
    Participant

I get reminders by email 12 weeks before the badge end date, sent by my local council.

#182198 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I think I might have had them from the local council about two weeks before expiry but always apply 8 weeks before then hear nothing from them and when I enquire about the badge about a week before expiry they say it’s just gone to the printers and will be with you in a few days then it arrives.

I don’t know if my nudge wakes them up or if it would have arrive just in time but it’s something I don’t like to take a risk on.

#182200 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

As @Richums say, we get daughters reminder from local council around 12 weeks prior to renewing.

#182208 Reply
    Joey

Anyone know how long they last?

#182209 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Anyone know how long they last?

The badge lasts 3 years

#182215 Reply
    Kaiser

Never got a reminder but sent my application off in February, had it delivered yesterday but its not valid until 19th June, but at least ive got it.

#182516 Reply
    joss

Got reminder March, all done on line. Much better than coucil office

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#182521 Reply
    Ginny
    Participant

Up untill 2019 they used to come from our LA. Since 2020 they come from the MoT. That said once you complete the online application it goes through ones LA.

Current vehicle: 2018 SEAT LEON ST 1.8 TSI FR Technology DSG
    On order: MINI 5-Door Hatch 2.0 Cooper S Classic Steptronic

#182527 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i got a 12 week reminder recently(which said it can take a while on occasion and to do it asap). did it online and was then told i was a bit early as my old one still had til may on it…go figure…  anyway council have demanded the filthy lucre(£20 here) so paid and hopefully it will appear in a few weeks.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#182528 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

i got a 12 week reminder recently(which said it can take a while on occasion and to do it asap). did it online and was then told i was a bit early as my old one still had til may on it…go figure… anyway council have demanded the filthy lucre(£20 here) so paid and hopefully it will appear in a few weeks.

So Scotland is the most expensive then @struth at £20 followed by England and NI £10 then Wales free

#182529 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

The blue badge fee in Scotland depended on what local authority or Cooncil you came under

Mine used to be around £2.78 if I can remember correctly , then it went up by a few pence the next time I renewed

last time I renewed it was increased to 20 bucks , I know a few neighbouring Councils have been £20 for years mind you, so perhaps my one caught up 3 years ago or maybe it’s just a standard £20 charge throughout the whole of Bonnie Scotland now

Either way I don’t think 20 beans is unreasonable 👍🏻

When life hands you melons...,
    Make melonade!

#182530 Reply
    struth
    Participant

yes its 20 notes across scotlands’ councils now. but we do have free prescriptions so i’d rather take those as i use a lot of them. why 20 quid i dont know, as other places are cheaper.

#182531 Reply
    Rene

Which country doesn’t offer free prescriptions? Genuine question.

#182532 Reply
    struth
    Participant

England isn’t free for all.

#182534 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

England.

You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:

are 60 or over
    are under 16
    are 16 to 18 and in full-time education
    are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
    have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
    have a continuing physical disability that prevents you going out without help from another person and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
    hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
    are an NHS inpatient
    You’re also entitled to free prescriptions if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive, or you’re under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone receiving:

Income Support
    income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
    Universal Credit and meet the criteria
    If you’re entitled to or named on:

a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate – if you do not have a certificate, you can show your award notice. You qualify if you get Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits with a disability element (or both), and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less
    a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
    People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) may also get help.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by kezo.
    #182629 Reply
    struth
    Participant

mine arrived this afternoon.. very quick. doesnt start til next month.

#182657 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

When did you pay the £20? I completed my renewal recently online but can’t remember any stage that asked for payment at the time?

Make melonade!

#182658 Reply
    Brydo

Winston your local council will contact you for payment.

#182659 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Ah that’s good thanks mate, i was sure that was the procedure 👍🏻 But  I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t forgotten a stage or made an arse of the online renewal 🤭

hope all is well mate 👍🏻

Make melonade!

#182662 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Yes winston all is good with us how about yourself?
    We where over at seamill hydro yesterday as my daughter, son in law and grandkids where there for few days. It was wet all day so it was a bit of a downer. We normally only go when it’s sunny 🌞 lol

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#182802 Reply
    martinod

blue badge great to have but why bother

#185875 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

The new BB arrived yesterday so about 6 weeks all told from sending the form to the return of the badge.

5 weeks before the old one expires so this is a recorder breaker for me.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Blue Badge Reapplication reminder
Your information: