Auld/New 1901 Irn Bru

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brydo 2 days, 18 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98456 Reply

Winston

This might not be of any interest or even public knowledge to our friends South if the Border but has anyone tried this yet? And if so what are your thoughts?

ive just had my first taste there and I’m no expert but it reminds me of the Irn Bru I would drink at my Grans as a treat when I was about 10 ( 30 odd years ago ) and believe me that is a wonderful thing 😋

so far it’s only in these glass bottles at 2 quid a pop

I wish they would see sense and bring it on in cans as a can is the perfect portion size, it’s easy to store and keep in the fridge, stay cold longer! It’s the perfect size to keep in the car or a bag and it won’t smash!

which brings me to one of the biggest gains of my life… broken glass! Being a dog owner I see for myself what a problem we have with broken glass about the streets after the “young team” think it’s fun to smash their bottles of Irn Bru or Buckfast!

so a can would be much better for everyone!

anyways back to the taste! It’s a 10 out of 10 for me 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😋🥃👅

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98468 Reply

joss
    Participant

As I was born and raised in Scotland, Them move to Yorkshire. I missed out on such fine beverages. Only when we went back up on holidays and visits to Grans did we make up for it. The local ice cream van would do irn bru in a plastic cup with 2 scoops of ice cream in. It was like a milk shake. He also did a ginger beer one as well.

I have not seen to 1901 down here yet, but will look out for it.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#98470 Reply

Winston

It only got released yesterday but hopefully it’ll filter its way down! it’s meant to be a limited edition, with even more sugar than the “traditional” stuff they stopped selling last year

an ice cream drink! Now yer talking! I used to love them , again at my grans! Grans were the best eh 🙌🏻

I’m having mince n totties tonight and after it I’m having an ice cream drink 😋

#98477 Reply

jamesg

Iron Brew is good  but  American  Cream  Soda! with  ice-cream 000000000000000000h

#98503 Reply

Winston

Yeah I think Cream Soda and ice cream was my first ever ice cream drink , very tasty 😋

#98509 Reply

JS

1901? Surely even northerners realise that’s out of date lol. ( yes jesting)

#98516 Reply

Winston

Haha, believe me even if it was bottled in 1901 it would still taste better than the new stuff they brought  out about 18 months when they discontinued the Original Irn Bru due to the Sugar Tax… 😭😭😭

but this 1901 limited edition they released yesterday is 👌🏻

#98517 Reply

brydo

American cream soda with ice cream fantastic.

Haven’t seen that irn bru yet Winston, I will keep my eyes open.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Auld/New 1901 Irn Bru

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: