Another Ohme tale of woe

• Creator
    Topic
    warpig
    Participant

Been waiting to have an Ohme Home Pro charger fitted via Ohme’s partner company Crystal EV. Appointment arranged for last week.

Got a call the day before installation to say fitter wasn’t coming because “he was having a problem sourcing materials for the job”. It’s a bog standard installation, about 6 foot from meter box to where charger is going so I’ve no idea what materials he couldn’t get hold of.  Installation rearranged for today (Saturday).

Call from Crystal yesterday morning, fitter double booked, can’t make it on Saturday, rearranged for next Friday.

Call from Crystal yesterday afternoon, a fitter is available after all and will be coming on Saturday.

Text message from Crystal last night confirming a fitter will be attending Saturday to install the charger.

Phone call from Crystal 9 o’clock this morning, no fitters available in my area today so won’t be installing charger. First available appointment next Friday.

I have no faith that anyone will turn up next week to be honest. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

Complain to Ohme and Motability, if they don’t need the Motability contract they’ll eventually be removed.

kezo
        Participant

My advice, email Ohme and Motability CEO (Andrew Miller) expaining how you have been messed around. You therefore want the installation to be carried out by an alternative company as  under no circumstances do you want Crystal EV Charging to install the charger.

Trust me you will be doing yourself a massive favour in the long run!

@Burgerman333
          aka Ele has had dealings with them!

Ioniq
          Participant

Complain to Ohme and Motability, if they don’t need the Motability contract they’ll eventually be removed.

unfortunately you cannot complain to Motability about poor Ohme service. Motability can only put in a complaint to Ohme ON YOUR BEHALF.

That was the scenario the Motability helpdesk offered when I tried to complain over the phone. I,ve said it before, the Motability helpdesk is appalling.

I had 2 failed appointments to install the charger, they did manage it on the 3rd attempt.

Very much like complaining about kwik fit, or DLM, Motability wash their hands of any responsibility and refer you to the Contractors.

kezo
            Participant

unfortunately you cannot complain to Motability about poor Ohme service. Motability can only put in a complaint to Ohme ON YOUR BEHALF. That was the scenario the Motability helpdesk offered when I tried to complain over the phone. I,ve said it before, the Motability helpdesk is appalling. I had 2 failed appointments to install the charger, they did manage it on the 3rd attempt. Very much like complaining about kwik fit, or DLM, Motability wash their hands of any responsibility and refer you to the Contractors.

omplaing to Motability CEO seems to be doing the trick just lately.

Ele
              Participant

Thats not correct,one call from the right motorbility person will solve the problem in 24hrs

Go to the top

I did

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Ele.
                Ele
                Participant

Correct and agree

Ele
                  Participant

Been waiting to have an Ohme Home Pro charger fitted via Ohme’s partner company Crystal EV. Appointment arranged for last week. Got a call the day before installation to say fitter wasn’t coming because “he was having a problem sourcing materials for the job”. It’s a bog standard installation, about 6 foot from meter box to where charger is going so I’ve no idea what materials he couldn’t get hold of. Installation rearranged for today (Saturday). Call from Crystal yesterday morning, fitter double booked, can’t make it on Saturday, rearranged for next Friday. Call from Crystal yesterday afternoon, a fitter is available after all and will be coming on Saturday. Text message from Crystal last night confirming a fitter will be attending Saturday to install the charger. Phone call from Crystal 9 o’clock this morning, no fitters available in my area today so won’t be installing charger. First available appointment next Friday. I have no faith that anyone will turn up next week to be honest. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Reject Crystal asap they are cowboys contact CEO “andrewmiller@motabilityoperations.co.uk” <andrewmiller@motabilityoperations.co.uk>

They need to drop Crystal as Rebbecca P/ceo right hand is fully aware of crystal following my complaint..send a polite detailed email and rebbecca P will respond.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Ele.
                    Steadyhorse51
                    Participant

My experience has been the opposite. The home charger was installed on 29 Feb by Fusion Electric here in Blackpool. The installation took just 90 mins and was very straightforward. Only ordered the car (Honda ENY1) on 29 Jan so within 1 month the main fuse has been upgraded to 100 amps and the charger installed. Just need a car to plug into it! Can’t wait.

JohnK
                      Participant

Same here no issues fuse upgraded after installation within a month.

Looks like it’s luck of the draw depending what install company you get we had Pro Ev.

Ele
                        Participant

The theme

It seems your unlucky if youve drawn Crystal

kj35
                          Participant

I’ve just had my second appointment cancelled by Ohme with ascent services. Rebooked ( again) for Friday. They were due here at 11.30 rang at 10. I’m out of pocket not that it matters to them. I’m really angry if I’m honest. I can understand one offs but they’d already messed one appointment about, now this.

Mm7
                            Participant

Ohme installed charger today. Looks ugly with the long cable’s around the house to get to the back of the house where the water metre etc is!

also i asked for the 8m cable but they said they haven’t been told to give one. He even showed me and it said epod only.

did people receive it in the post or were you given it on the day.

Djw38uk
                              Participant

I got a 5m cable delivered a week before install. Didn’t even realise they supplied one. Expected to just have the one that will come with the car (I have untethered).

Ele
                                Participant

My Ohme pod ( pod being untethered) was a swap over from Easee and I got to keep the 7.5m cable

Just as well as the Renault E Tec cable is only 5 m

Longer cable enables me to reverse park when charging at home

kezo
                                  Participant

Ohme installed charger today. Looks ugly with the long cable’s around the house to get to the back of the house where the water metre etc is! also i asked for the 8m cable but they said they haven’t been told to give one. He even showed me and it said epod only. did people receive it in the post or were you given it on the day.

Speak with Motability and sa you wanted the 8m but, were left the 5m. I’m sure they will sort it out for you.

Mm7
                                    Participant

@Kezo they left me with nothing no cable at all. infact didnt even show me how to use the charger and just gave the leaflet.

i will have to call them and request for the cable but calling Ohme is a nightmare and a half. Maybe I will try motability thanks

kezo
                                      Participant

@Kezo they left me with nothing no cable at all. infact didnt even show me how to use the charger and just gave the leaflet. i will have to call them and request for the cable but calling Ohme is a nightmare and a half. Maybe I will try motability thanks

Shocking mate!

GiveMota a call Any issues using charger there is plenty of help/video’s on her or on YT.

The cable isn’t the nicest thing to see, only made worse if they have used cleats, rather than dedicated EV Ultra clips.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.