advice on AP and car tracking

• Creator
    Topic
  • #155996 Reply
    Mmoreton5

Okay so I ordered a car around 2 or 3 weeks ago i can’t remember. Dealer was as nice as can be, dealership staff were terrific too.

I emailed him regarding the order tracking, to which he replied “only for dealers I’m afraid”

Also asked regarding the AP if it were to reduce in July would I be able to pay the new AP? To which he replied ” The AP’s are set when the application is put down, so I don’t think Motability would allow that I’m afraid.”

I kind of get that I agreed to the AP, however on my last vehicle I paid the updated lower cost AP and also got a tracking number.

I don’t know how I should feel about the response but it seems complete opposite to how the dealer was in person.

SEAT is car brand

Any advice or anything? Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155998 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It costs nothing for the dealer to cancel the order with Motability and reorder at a new reduced AP without disturbing the order with SEAT.  It happens quite often.

If the AP does go down and your salesman is unco-operative you could appeal to his manager.

#156005 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

Seat does not issue customer tracking information to anyone,  however my dealers updated me every time I asked,  they are not legally obligated to offer you the lower AP but any good dealer will do it for you

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#156010 Reply
    Mrfunky

I never got any tracking with dealer on a seat car but I did on twitter  and Facebook messenger on main seat page (not dealer). I was in contact every few days to see progress of car….. They do take a few hours to answer sometimes so be warned. If you not got order number just give them surname the info I had from dealer was Nil just that they had placed order hope this helps

#156012 Reply
    Mmoreton5

appreciate the replies guys 😊 I’ll see if anything happens q3 before I reply again

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: advice on AP and car tracking
Your information: