6 month driving ban

• Creator
    Topic
    des

So my ICD fired on Saturday morning 31 times in 20 minutes and now I’m banned for driving for the next 6 months.

Debating whether to hand the car back and use the payments 1500 towards an ap when it is up as I can order anytime. Or keep it and put someone on the insurance to drive me about. I’m gutted tbh

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      joss

Sorry to read this Des. Your ICD is doing it’s job and saving your life. A 6 month ban will soon fly.

Take your time in making your decision Des.

Best of luck Des

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

des
        Participant

Cheers joss and it certainly did from 12:06 to 12:26 i had 69 episodes of VT, 24 ATP, 31 shocks and 26 aborted shocks, 32 NSVTs and so many incessant VTs that they stopped counting. The doctors said that they have never seen a VT storm and outcome ie just 4 days hospital stay, like it.

and to think that I actually thought that they had misdiagnosed me tbh

joss

Good grief Des. Do you feel it when it kicks in?

Joss

des
            Participant

Yes, it’s bad. Not really painful just very scary. I will describe it like this, imagine every where you go someone who you can’t see is behind you whispering in your ear ‘any minute, any second that I decide I am going to hit you so hard that you will cry and pray for me to stop. Any time any place and only I will know when’.

ain’t really slept from it, felt ok in the hospital due to the ecg being constantly monitored and being give iv meds to keep the heart stable, but from I’ve got out I’ve been living in fear. I’ve never been so scared of something and have cried a lot . 31 times was a bit much tbh I’m thinking I would rather die than go through that again. I told the doctor that if it goes off once more I will hit my head of a wall hard enough to knock me out. I can’t do it I’m crying again, I want it out

joss

I have heart problems Des that I thought were bad enough, pale into in significant compared to yours.

I do hope that they can do something to sort it out for you. You are in my thoughts Des. Stay strong. Ask for counselling. it may help.

Joss

ajn

Wow des Joss came up with great advice there, seek help, reach out if your up to it.

Best of luck if you try, like mentioned it may help in some way.👍

des
                  Participant

I think he’s right. Fear is stalking me and counselling would maybe help. Might try the BHF

ajn

Try it des, got to be worth a try 👍🌻

Richard

Sorry to hear what you’re going thru & glad to hear it’s doing its job though.

Not for everyone but you can email the samaritans if you don’t want to talk on the phone, I’ve found it useful when I’ve needed to unload they’re very good & respond within 24 hours, useful for those of us who are crap at talking. Jo@samaritans.org is who you write to.

Saw this too might be a starting point:

https://healthtalk.org/heart-failure/support-groups

https://www.facebook.com/groups/787996791252240/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/icdsupport/?ref=share

Hope your 6 months passes quickly & you can get back to driving.

des
                        Participant

Had an online chat with BHF who put me in touch with cardiomyopathy uk ho have trained cardiac nurses who volunteer doing phone calls so will give them a ring. Cheers folks

ajn

Well done des, first step of help hopefully 👍👍

🌻

sif

You are still here alive and kicking and that’s the bottom line. Everything beyond that is a bonus. Don’t give up, and terrible as it sounds the human mind can overcome all of the hurdles you are facing. Although it might start as mechanical the effects are mental and you can find the strength to overcome the challenge with help and support. Make the phone calls and talk it out. Good luck and let us all know how you sort it out.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.