Which party best to vote for ?

• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I honestly don’t know who to vote for in the up coming general election which party has disabled people in their heart ? I will watch the debate tonight 7.30 bbc 1

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

I think we can safely rule out the CONservatives where disabled people are concerned given the changes they to PIP etc they were planning.

As for the other’s a simple case “eeny meme miny mo” will sufice given al politicians are from the same nest!

Brydo
        Participant

It is definitely time for the Tories to be removed, other than that there are no stand-out choices. Labour will almost certainly win the election but appear devoid of any real talent in their ranks.

Whoever wins i hope they introduce proportional representation so that we avoid any one party running the country for years on end. This would mean a reduced representation for Scotland but i still believe it to be the best route for the country.

Will the Tories survive as a party, who know, but it looks like “Reform Uk” are ready to take their place on the right of English politics.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
          Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

MickC
          Participant

If you want a devious lying cheating Govt…then vote Tory.

Anyone that thinks all parties are the “same” should have a look back what these Tories have given you over the last 14 years and expect the next five to be any different,should give their head a shake.

joss

Regarding Proportional Representation I think Labour and Lib Dems have said yes to it. It’s been long over due in my eyes.

As for Reform UK.  The only exist to ruin the Tory vote. There after, nothing. Now Farage has joined and become leader as Agent Provocateur.

Joss
              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

kezo
              Participant

As for Reform UK.  The only exist to ruin the Tory vote. There after, nothing. Now Farage has joined and become leader as Agent Provocateur.

Mainly right wing Tory desrters made up of Farage, 30p Lee etc!

But yes you are right joss.

Participant

I’m leaning towards the Lib Dem’s

Brydo
                  Participant

Having watched bits and pieces of the debates and interviews i think Farage is knocking it out of the park. He is talking right wing and that is the language many speak, and want to hear, in parts of England.

I predict they will get a larger percentage of the vote than the Tories as the Tories appear to be writing their own obituary.

mitch
                    Participant

they are as bad as each other, i remember back to the labour govts of wilson and foot et al and the ever spending blair and brown they all left the country in a bigger mess than they took over.

so be careful what you wish for. the tories need to go but whats the alternative, they used to be the best bet fiscally but now i dont know. as others have said its time for pr i know it usually means a coalition govt but it at least dampens the more extreme policies of the largest party and they are forced to consider things more.

so i am a big undecided at the moment i havent heard anything from any of them that i totally agree with.

kezo
                      Participant

they are as bad as each other, i remember back to the labour govts of wilson and foot et al and the ever spending blair and brown they all left the country in a bigger mess than they took over. so be careful what you wish for. the tories need to go but whats the alternative, they used to be the best bet fiscally but now i dont know. as others have said its time for pr i know it usually means a coalition govt but it at least dampens the more extreme policies of the largest party and they are forced to consider things more. so i am a big undecided at the moment i havent heard anything from any of them that i totally agree with.

Personally I don’t think any party can make anymore of a mess than the Tories have done in the last 8yrs or so.

That said they are all of the ilk regardless who you vote.

DBtruth
                        Participant

One of the reasons I think Farage is doing well is because he can sell. You might not like what he’s selling but he can sell it and he has charisma. None of the others have that really.

Another thing that I’m not keen on is the idea that voting in a new gov will make my life better. It might or might not. I’m sure some people out there have convinced themselves that it will be better with Labour but realistically we can’t predict the future. It might be better, it might be worse or it might be roughly the same.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think I’ve heard anything positive from any of the parties when it comes to people with disabilities?

Participant

I wish farage was leader of Labour a very good speaker imho but then I also thought that of Nicola sturgeon

joss

I wish farage was leader of Labour a very good speaker imho but then I also thought that of Nicola sturgeon

God forbid Mike.

Joss
                              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Brydo
                              Participant

The chat up here is that labour is going to perform pretty well. Could be a day of reckoning for the SNP.

Oscarmax
                                Participant

We are not even going to bother voting, the choice ‘clowns or muppets’ full of promises and hot air, prepare to be shafted.

kezo
                                  Participant

We are not even going to bother voting, the choice ‘clowns or muppets’ full of promises and hot air, prepare to be shafted.

May I suggest a vote for Count Binface or Elmo 😂

Jojoe
                                    Participant

The Tory manifesto launched today is full of tax cuts. It’s funded by £12bn of cuts from the welfare budget. Who’ll pay the price of these tax cuts, disabled people!

Brydo
                                      Participant

I’m not of the mechanics of making Farage the leader of the Tories but i can imagine the Tory right-wingers salivating at the very thought. He really is an impressive or it or and on top of that he speaks well lol.

I don’t know enough to question what he says on all subjects but he makes you believe that what he says is a true. No matter if you agree with what he says, or not  he says it with conviction

Participant

Yes, Farage does get a certain (nearly typed cretin in there, hmm, maybe that would fit??) type of populace to love him, much as Trump does in the US. And much like Trump, the sweeping statements of “fact” need reality checked.

Its def. time for the Tories to go, I don’t think having any party in power for as long as they have been is good for the country, same goes for the SNP, a change is required, if only to shake up their complacency.

As for who to vote for, well, of course, everyone has their favourites, so I’d only be preaching to the converted. But I do believe in voting, rather than abstaining, you can’t moan about the state of the country or who pushed what agenda if you never bothered to have a say in the decision. Perhaps we should follow Australia’s lead, PR and mandatory voting.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Phaedra
                                          Participant

Hopefully it’ll be a very messy coalition 🙂

That way they can spend all their time back stabbing and shafting each others proposals and let us normal folk get on with our lives in peace 🙂

I’ve worked with the major parties in the past, once you get sat in a room with any of them you can’t tell one from another, wouldn’t trust any of them.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

Regarding Proportional Representation I think Labour and Lib Dems have said yes to it. It’s been long over due in my eyes. As for Reform UK. The only exist to ruin the Tory vote. There after, nothing. Now Farage has joined and become leader as Agent Provocateur.

I’m not sure about others in the Labour Party but Kier Starmer is definitely against Proportional Representation.

Personally, I too am very against the idea as all it does (In my opinion) is result in very messy coalitions that never actually get anything done and who end up blaming each other whenever anything goes badly.

Brydo
                                              Participant

Is there such a thing as bad publicity?

Brydo
                                                Participant

As a pro independence voter i am left with no other party to vote for other than the SNP. Alba are standing in about a dozen constituencies and although i try to be as “Green” as possible they are a bit too left-wing for my taste.

The SNP party are in disarray and has hardly mentioned Independence. Originally they were suggesting a vote for SNP was a defacto vote for independence but they are shying away from that as they are doing badly in the polls and a poor performance could suggest there is little support for independence.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.