Which party best to vote for ?

• This topic has 39 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Jojoe.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I honestly don’t know who to vote for in the up coming general election which party has disabled people in their heart ? I will watch the debate tonight 7.30 bbc 1

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

Exit polls should give quite an accurate estimate of the majority, they’ve been very close in recent times. The results of the exit polls are announced at 10pm.

Jojoe
        Participant

Exit Poll.  WOW!!

Lab 410 (up 209)
          Con 131 (down 241)
          Lib Dems 61 (up 53)
          Reform 13 (up 13)
          SNP 10 (down 38)
          Plaid 4 (up 2)
          Green 2 (up 1)

Brydo
          Participant

Not keen on landslides no matter which party

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
            Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

kezo
            Participant

lets see what happens in a few hours.

Participant

I actually had a moment at the booth where I was lost as to who to vote for. I stood there thinking definitely not Tory, are Labour just another same-old same-old as I’ve been constantly annoyed by recent “Whatever they say, say the opposite” campaigns. I thought reform briefly, as I do think we need a REAL change in government but didn’t have the confidence in general experience, so I did the traditional Northern thing and went Labour, partially because they are A change but not sure if it’ll be enough of one, and partially because I did the sheep thing and went with “the one who’s going to win anyway” as ours is a pretty safe seat for Labour.

Didn’t even vote till nearly 9pm down to general apathy but the wife pointed out “If you don’t vote, don’t complain about the result”. Being a US citizen, my wife didn’t have to make any choice, not eligible to vote anyway! I almost envied her…

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

Ele
                Participant

Yay

Roll up Roll up

Another new Circus comes to town

Free ringside seats for 10yrs

Clowns may look a little different but Im expecting a rehash of the same old acts

But I expect the main act

Ring master and juggler will keep us amazed

Dont forget the show shuts at 5pm FRI and opens again at 9.30 am Mon

Enjoy

kezo
                  Participant

Almost “X” agains’t Reform myself but, went Labour.

wmcforum
                    Which Mobility Car

Exit poll v reality (with two seats to declare):
                      Lab 410  – 412
                      Con 131  – 121
                      Lib Dems 61  –  71
                      Reform 13 – 4
                      SNP 10  –  9
                      Plaid 4  – 4
                      Green 2 – 4

Pretty accurate.

Brydo
                      Participant

I can’t express how disappointed I a m with last night’s result. The people of Scotland have further marginalised our influence in Westminster and voted for a party that pays lip service to the needs of the Scottish people.

Unfortunately, my dream of Scottish independence in my lifetime is almost certainly gone.

Jojoe
                        Participant

I can’t express how disappointed I a m with last night’s result. The people of Scotland have further marginalised our influence in Westminster and voted for a party that pays lip service to the needs of the Scottish people. Unfortunately, my dream of Scottish independence in my lifetime is almost certainly gone.

I’m pro the Union but even I can see the scale of the vote is just Scotland saying  they’ve had enough of the Tories.

Brydo
                          Participant

Just have a look at the info below showing the “First past the post” results and the “Proportional representation” equivalent.

Brydo
                            Participant

Brydo
                              Participant

I’ve got a good feeling about Starmer, he’s no Blair but he comes across as a decent person. Time tends to change people, especially in politics, but I’m all for giving him a chance to change things in the country.

Jojoe
                                Participant

Labour win the General Election, England win on penalties and qualify for the Euros semifinals, Lewis wins his first race since 2021 (the British GP)! Things Can Only Get Better 🎵 🎵 🎵!

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.