What you looking forward to?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Opening up my bbc app and have no mention of COVID 😞😞😞

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Georgie

Watching all the Gamera films I’ve just discovered on Amazon Prime – literally 10 minutes ago.  Absolute TV Heaven for me.

Tharg
        Participant

Glass half full person here, I know, but I am dreading the Olympics. Auntie Beeb is full of it and will doubtless deluge us with every single “Team GB” contestant in every heat in every sport. All the while ignoring the really good champion athletes from other nations. Moreover, it’ll be like the Euro football thing – nothing else on the news or current affairs programmes. Sport, sport and more sport; interviews with people who’ve had covid and like sport; special dances to do while watching sport; music to singalong to with sport, etc, et-bloody-cetera.

Wigwam
          Participant

I couldn’t agree more, Tharg.  Just try not watching live telly. It does wonders for your well being.

Brydo
            Participant

So your looking forward to the olympics finishing Tharg 🤪🤪🤪

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
              Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Participant

not had live tv for years. best idea i had. just watch my own films. Having just had my second jab, im looking forward to getting out in a few weeks after a 16 month hiatus

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

ajn

Oh yes struth, the great outdoors, avoid any crowding situations seems wise..

Participant

indeed it will be done in small and relatively safe steps… if ive still got the courage. you do become institutionalised tbh after a long time in solitary lol . I now live alone and see very few people due to it, so it will all be a shock to system.

but we gain little unless we suffer, or so i’m told

Tharg
                    Participant

Well, Brydo, I actually would look forward to the Olympics were it not for all the endless BBC blibble-blabble from Z-listers. Quite like the track events (used to go to athletic meetings at White City as a kid) and the tennis can be good as well as the boxing which can be very good. Prefer the winter Olympics though, much more fun.

Participant

I know we’ve already have a Glass Half Empty post , how’s about a broken glass post now? 🤣

From a purely selfish point the first few lockdowns and how quiet it was on the roads , local parks, beauty spots ( and there is loads here ) was almost heavenly for me

Now it’s absolutely murder!!!

I know parts of Scotland always get tourists at this type of year , campervans, caravans , coaches etc but with holidays abroad still being the way the are the amount of people crammed into these areas and onto the already inadequate roads is a nightmare!

Then you add the “ Young Team” and the Tik Tok brigade , you know the ones that make a car park with a mountain behind it look like one of the Wonders of The Natural World so that half the population of under 25’s NEED to drive there to see it…  not to mention the NC500 which is like a Scottish Mecca now

the lack of driving etiquette, manners and standards of this lot is abysmal , the rubbish thats left behind , the behaviour when they get there and the driving itself that takes them is atrocious

When you get into the Highlands there are lots of roads that are single track but generally have lots of passing places that w couple of cars can pull in , let a few past then continue again , that’s just the way it is, sometimes you need to wait , sometimes people need to wait on you

but that’s all out the window now, cars are just abandoned there while the young team have a BBQ at the side of the road , or they want to paddle in a big puddle and make a tik tok about “Wild Swimming”

to say it grinds my gears doesn’t scratch the surface

I’d be here all night listing all the wrong things they ( not all youngsters ) but the vast majority do

And a lot of Asians ( from Scotland btw ) aren’t much better , and that’s no racial nonsense here – it’s stuff I see every single time I’m at Loch Lomond , hundreds of them flock there on daily basis , they spend they day there and take food/bbq’s – absolutely nothing wrong there but what is wrong is the amount of rubbish they leave behind , yous wouldn’t believe it

Everyone is sick of it , all the locals ( me included ) but in this day and age people are scared to pull them up or complain as the first thing you’ll get in response in the Race Issue , when the only issue is the Rubbish and lack of respect for the area

So… lol

i guess I’m looking forward to everything getting back to normal for the youngsters , night clubs , pubs open all night etc etc so they can all bigger off back to that lifestyle

And holidays to be as easy as they once were for EVERYONE to bugger off to so there’s a vast reduction of people on the roads/beauty spots that I frequent 👌🏻

that would be just grand! Sooner rather than later thanks 🤣

When life hands you melons...,
                        Make melonade!

Georgie

Hadn’t really thought of ‘Going out’.  Most of the places I like to go are at normal levels of ‘Summer busy’ anyway (Hayling Island, Southsea, Selsey) so I do what I always do and avoid those until the holiday makers go home again c. September 1st.

Would like to be able to do a ‘quick sprint’ around Sainsbury’s again.  There are a couple of things we like that Waitrose (weekly on-line delivery) don’t sell e.g. ‘decent’ roasted monkey nuts, Blue Ribband, and ‘blue mud’ face packs for a quid.

Tharg
                          Participant

Oh yes… the simple pleasure of being able to go into a proper supermarket, Waitrose, Asda, Whatever, and choose the things I want to eat! I mean, home delivery is all very well but you can’t choose the size of stuff or, more important, how ripe things are. So much home delivery fruit, for example, is either solidly under-ripe or so over-ripe it is inedible and goes straight in the bin. Would also like to go into the likes of Aldi and Lidl to get the continental stuff they do like wurst and frikadellen.

Participant

Fifteen is my limit on schnitzengruben.

Tharg
                              Participant

Is it twue what they say about…? Oh! It’s twue! It’s twue!

Phaedra
                                Participant

Being able to take my Autistic adult son over to see his one friend who lives in Florida.

Stocking up on decent quality socks, t-shirts, underwear etc., stuff we can’t get here easily as we’re both well over 6′ tall with large feet!.

And of course a supply of his two favoourite coffees, Hills Bros. Mocha Mint and Caramel & White Chocolate.  Both about £3 for a pound tub, so that’ll be about half a large suitcase filled up 😀  I think we brought 25 tubs back last visit!, he ran out about 6 months ago 🙁

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.