What device do you use on here

• Creator
    Topic
  • #129340 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Morning I was wondering how the members/visitors to this forum use mobile phones to do so, or what device do you use..

Reason being when I post/reply on here I can’t be bothered jumping the keyboard over to use punctuation marks.

Its a lot easier on a laptop or computer.

So to start us of as an example

1    iPhone user

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129341 Reply
    ajn

*how many member/visitors

#129342 Reply
    C2clo

@ajn

Mostly iPad Pro, occasionally iPhone or iMac.

#129344 Reply
    joss
    Participant

PC Master race. Huawei P20 is to fiddly.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#129345 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

IPhone, IPad, Surface Pro 4 or imac.

#129347 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I use a laptop when the Windows God-system will allow me to do so. Recently had to change because old machine fell to bits. With invaluable help from joss and rox,  I now have a new laptop. Details in The PC and all tech related stuff. coming soon in this Off Topic bit. How people communicate with these pages via a mobile phone I do not know. Madam T has one and even turning it on defeats me.

#129350 Reply
    ajn

I’m forever reaching for the glasses using this old iPhone 6s to see the bloody thing lol,  might soon look into a tablet/iPad type thing.

#129353 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

laptop, i use phone for   phonecalls.

#129358 Reply
    ajn

Mitch I use my phone for almost everything, however I never actually talk on it, I simply don’t answer when or if it rings, and renown for answering with text afterwards..

But glad you use yours for it’s intended purpose..

#129359 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

mitch – that’s a bit revolutionary for today. Wholehearted support from me. Use machine for its proper design purpose. Don’t try and cook in the dishwasher.

#129361 Reply
    ajn

Tharg would it even enter your head to cook with a dishwasher🤣,thing is it’s actually possible to use a phone on here as I’m already doing so.

As stated just wondered how many others do the same.

Seems laptops are very popular, in saying that it’s just an amazing miniature computer..

#129363 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Usually Android tablet (10″ Lenovo) unless it’s on the charger, then Android phone (Xiaomi Mi A2 lite). We have three laptops in the house which are used mostly for non-leisure activities.

#129365 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

ajn – no, would even think about cooking with dishwasher. It’s far too low down to reach. Eye-level grill/oven much better! Seriously, folks who use mobiles for, say, entering stuff here have my admiration. Tried it myself a few times. Couldn’t handle the tiny keyboard and confusing system (Windows is indecipherable enough). Spent my entire career working with typewriters and proper keyboards so probably too old and prejudiced to change.

#129366 Reply
    ajn

Point taken and understood totally Tharg.

#129367 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The interweb is full of recipes and videos about cooking a meal in a dishwasher – just saying…

#129370 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

iPad 1,  IPad Air 2,   but mainly  iPad Air3 with Brydge Keyboard, and occasionally my  IPhone 6s.

#129373 Reply
    Brydo

iPhone, desktop and android box.

#129375 Reply
    joss
    Participant

I forgot to add Samsung Tablet to my list. I don’t use phone for forum as I can’t really see that well lol. Bit of a mole.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129378 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

The interweb is full of recipes and videos about cooking a meal in a dishwasher – just saying…

Thanks for that Wigwam, great stuff…..

There’s one appliance that often gets overlooked, however, when it comes to food preparation — your dishwasher. Yes, that machine that’s generally used only to clean can actually be used to cook too. It sounds crazy, but it’s true. Most dishwashers provide plenty of heat to fully cook a wide array of foods.

Look Tharg

#129379 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Anyone use the forum through the television connection.

#129393 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Nah. They’re having a bubble, are they not? One of the recipes appears to be for 3D printed Vegan Ribs. Come on. Can’t be true. Anyway, have to go out now and watch the toaster wash the car.

#129395 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Nah. They’re having a bubble, are they not? One of the recipes appears to be for 3D printed Vegan Ribs. Come on. Can’t be true. Anyway, have to go out now and watch the toaster wash the car.

😂🤣😂

#129415 Reply
    joss
    Participant

@ajn It is something I have not tried to be honest, as I have enough ways to connect to these forums as it is.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129420 Reply
    ajn

@Joss

I have read some of your posts/replies on here Joss great knowledge on the computer subjects.

Bet you roll your eyes at me on my iPhone lol.

#129437 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

User of the laptop PC (er, ASUS ROG) here, too much of a luddite to get one of the iPad things out (small iPad lives in the car for ZapMap). Mobile phone is for ignoring or using as a hub for the endless gadgets, very useful for turning on the lights or the air conditioning when I’m in another country I’m sure (Kasa, Hue, it’s all on there).

Direct communication can be done via my location on the other side of the Galaxy through the Oculus Rift whilst I’m playing Elite Dangerous, but it’s a bit flaky.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: What device do you use on here
Your information: