Road tax exemption question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PillBoy 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #104146 Reply

Qwe2

Hi

Will the road tax on 2nd car exemption if I already have a motability car?

Thanks

Qwe2

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104148 Reply

Dave h

<p style=”text-align: left;”>You can only use it  for one car</p>

#104156 Reply

Colin
    Participant

I’ve wondered about this myself as I have plans for a second vehicle at some point. Motability advertising says that the Tax is “included” but we all know they tend to just use your entitlement for exemption. Can you CHOOSE to use your exemption on a different vehicle and if you can and do, do motability have to pay the tax on your lease car?

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Colin.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#104164 Reply

Rhodgie

Colin that’s what I do, I use my exemption on my saab and I’m responsible for paying for my mobility car, currently £0.00 cause its electric 😁

They should forward the tax reminder to you but occasionally they haven’t and taxed it themselves… don’t  know how they’ve done it cause I’ve got my exemption certificate so maybe they have an agreement with the DVLA

#104219 Reply

Qwe2

Thanks

Can I move the road tax exemption to the second car if I get one?

Currently got golf GTD from motability. I’m looking at an old Subaru Impreza WRX as a weekend car but the road tax is £500 so can I move the exemption to WRX and pay the Golf road tax £145

How?

Thanks again

#104220 Reply

Rhodgie

Qwe2 I phoned motability and said I wanted to be responsible for my own road tax as my exemption certificate was being used on another vehicle.

Although as I said before, they taxed my last car as disabled before I collected it and this month they’ve again taxed it without sending it to me?

#104255 Reply

UncJ
    Participant

Darn it, wish I knew about this. Just assumed that the Motability car had to be the tax exempt one.

Anybody know if you can swap it over mid lease? I’ve just paid 12 months road tax on my private car so wouldn’t be able to so it until next January at the earliest. By then my current Motability lease would have another 19 months to run.

#104263 Reply

Philjb

You can can change the tax class to another vehicle at anytime    but you’ll need a new entitlement number to register another vehicle as disabled.

info here. https://www.premiermobilitycars.co.uk/news/how-to-change-your-car-tax-class-to-disabled/

#104520 Reply

martino

i forgot about that because i don’t get the certificate in anymore

#104548 Reply

PillBoy
    Participant

I owned a car which had disabled tax exempt status which I kept for another 6 months after I got my Motability car which they taxed, no problems.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Road tax exemption question

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: