Quarter 3 prices

• Creator
    Topic
    fwippers
    Participant

Just a couple of days to go, so here is a Q3 thread.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Markw
      Participant

The quarter from which I can choose, so, very interested, 6/7/22 , hoping beyond hope to see some bargains lol

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

Mokka E ultimate on order

Macca
        Participant

How has the auto Ateca FR Sport been to live with over the course of your lease?

Markw
          Participant

How has the auto Ateca FR Sport been to live with over the course of your lease?

It had a few electrical gremlins early on, still great to drive, lots of grunt, biggest drawbacks are lack of real quality interior and kit, lots of stuff missing by today’s standards, MPG has been less than spectacular too, 37 average over the 3 years.

se

My Tarraco has suffered from random electrical problems from the outset. It is in the garage for its 5th successive week. Support from Motability, SEAT and the dealer has been dire. Not had one call from the dealer yet.

Great cars to drive, my two previous Leon’s were brilliant, apart from a seat bracket broke not 1 fault between them in 6 years. However, not going to buy VAG again.

se

Back to the topic. My lease expires in January but because of the issues with my current vehicle, I have been offered an early termination deal which will allow me to order a replacement.

I am hoping there will be some large SUV’s available with realistic advance payments and reasonable delivery times – one can but hope !

ChrisK
                Participant

The quarter from which I can choose, so, very interested, 6/7/22 , hoping beyond hope to see some bargains lol

Hi Mark

I don’t think it matters any more and the price list has become more or less a guestimate or a rough guide.

I refer back to June 2021 with myself impatiently waiting for the last years Q3 list as I could order in the last week of July and was over the Moon to see the VW Tiguan Elegance trim still on Motability on the first of July only to be withdrawn in the third week of July.

Rene

I feel like, considering it’s just two days to go, there’s not much enthusiasm (understandably) for the next quarter.

I remember threads having 10 and more pages as people were speculating, wishing and what not – now look.

Markw
                    Participant

I feel like, considering it’s just two days to go, there’s not much enthusiasm (understandably) for the next quarter. I remember threads having 10 and more pages as people were speculating, wishing and what not – now look.

I think it’s stoic resignation to the recent situation and the almost certain fact of no real value vehicles on the scheme anymore, I’m reasonably content with the Seat and don’t particularly want to pay 4k for something equivalent

@chrisK
                      I only have 6 days to wait until after the first, so hopefully nothing will vanish that quickly.

wmcforum
                      Which Mobility Car

I hear the sound of disappointment of those that, two years ago, extended in the hope that things would be better!

kezo
                        Participant

I can see some if not all EV’s either removed from the scheme or AP’s increased to account of the removal of the £1500 government grant.

Everything else will go up at least £300 +

Fastbike1000
                          Participant

I hear the sound of disappointment of those that, two years ago, extended in the hope that things would be better!

yep I did. Mind you I still have 9 months to run on my 5 year lease, so theirs still hope. But I’ve decided to order today just in case.

ChrisK
                            Participant

yep I did. Mind you I still have 9 months to run on my 5 year lease, so theirs still hope. But I’ve decided to order today just in case.

That’s what I had to do last year, as noted above with the Elegance trim of the Tiguan being my number one choice after months and months of research only to have it whipped out from under my feet just a few days before order day.

Managed to get an order in for the Tiguan R-Line last October when it briefly returned to Motability and was a good call from my point of view as it was something to fall back on if things were to get any worst and indeed they have.

So my advice is to get an order in ASAP and if anything better comes up while in the long waiting queues cancel your order but that never happened for me so after 7 months waiting for delivery with at least another 5 months to go I will be happy with the R-Line even though its not my first choice.

mitch
                              Participant

i can order on the 18th december but honestly theres nothing on the scheme in my price range that gets the pulse racing. so it looks like i will be another extending in hope of improvements.

but realistically i think i will be using the extention to save as much as i can and go down the 2nd hand route.

TheSUVGuy

SE if your car isn’t fixable and seat can’t do anything you can receive your full AP back, my previous 3008 had an issue where the screen (that controls ac nav etc) just went off, tried 6 times to fix it in the end had enough and got my ap back with less than a year left on my contract, the only thing is atm there isn’t much choice unless you like something then go for it

Carmad
                                  Participant

Just my tuppence worth on SEAT.  I had Leon for 3 years followed by my current Tarraco 150 dsg which I’m due to change in November.  The Leon had a wheel bearing replaced after hitting a pot hole that resembled a cave. The Tarraco nothing so far. No creaks, no rattles more equipment that comparable Golf / Tiguan from VW.

I follow the quarterly pricing regardless of whether I’ve just started a new lease of half way during one, just something I’ve always done.  The current situation gives me ‘ the fear ‘. At this point I’m due to order in the 1st week of August and I’m crossing all digits that either the Hyundai Ioniq or Citroen eC4 are available at little or no increase.  What I’ve no intention of doing at present is to extend my lease. I understand my benefits with Motability but, I don’t see why I should continue paying them over £250 per month for an older product than I signed up to.  I am not criticising anyone who does, it just doesn’t sit right with me.

Sorry for the long post!

Participant

Quick question, i put my order in for a new Astra (Ultimate trim) yesterday which has an AP of £1349. The dealer never asked for the payment. Am i locked into that AP price or will i have to pay whatever the future amount is?

Car History:
                                      Ford Fiesta
                                      Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                                      Mazda 3
                                      BMW 2 Series Coupe
                                      Mercedes A Class
                                      Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Current Car, ending lease early)

Fastbike1000
                                      Participant

You are locked in to that price and you pay the AP when you collect your car.

If the AP by some miracle goes down most good dealerships will allow you to cancel your order and reorder at the lower AP.

Participant

You are locked in to that price and you pay the AP when you collect your car. If the AP by some miracle goes down most good dealerships will allow you to cancel your order and reorder at the lower AP.

Thanks. I don’t expect it to go down, just didn’t want it to shoot up and be forced to pay that.

Car History:
                                          Ford Fiesta
                                          Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                                          Mazda 3
                                          BMW 2 Series Coupe
                                          Mercedes A Class

Participant

Just my tuppence worth on SEAT. I had Leon for 3 years followed by my current Tarraco 150 dsg which I’m due to change in November. The Leon had a wheel bearing replaced after hitting a pot hole that resembled a cave. The Tarraco nothing so far. No creaks, no rattles more equipment that comparable Golf / Tiguan from VW. I follow the quarterly pricing regardless of whether I’ve just started a new lease of half way during one, just something I’ve always done. The current situation gives me ‘ the fear ‘. At this point I’m due to order in the 1st week of August and I’m crossing all digits that either the Hyundai Ioniq or Citroen eC4 are available at little or no increase. What I’ve no intention of doing at present is to extend my lease. I understand my benefits with Motability but, I don’t see why I should continue paying them over £250 per month for an older product than I signed up to. I am not criticising anyone who does, it just doesn’t sit right with me. Sorry for the long post!

just had an email new Citroen eC4 x just announced – bigger, better?

? Price, ? Motability , will have wait for more info?

Participant

Just my tuppence worth on SEAT. I had Leon for 3 years followed by my current Tarraco 150 dsg which I’m due to change in November. The Leon had a wheel bearing replaced after hitting a pot hole that resembled a cave. The Tarraco nothing so far. No creaks, no rattles more equipment that comparable Golf / Tiguan from VW. I follow the quarterly pricing regardless of whether I’ve just started a new lease of half way during one, just something I’ve always done. The current situation gives me ‘ the fear ‘. At this point I’m due to order in the 1st week of August and I’m crossing all digits that either the Hyundai Ioniq or Citroen eC4 are available at little or no increase. What I’ve no intention of doing at present is to extend my lease. I understand my benefits with Motability but, I don’t see why I should continue paying them over £250 per month for an older product than I signed up to. I am not criticising anyone who does, it just doesn’t sit right with me. Sorry for the long post!

just had an email new Citroen eC4 x just announced – bigger, better? ? Price, ? Motability , will have wait for more info?

More leg room in the back and bigger boot. Interior looks exactly like the C4 that’s out now. Looks like end of the year to place an order.

Car History:
                                              Ford Fiesta
                                              Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                                              Mazda 3
                                              BMW 2 Series Coupe
                                              Mercedes A Class

Paul

If you have placed an order for car with ‘x’ ap, then the   car is ready for collectiin within a quarter where the ap is lower than order amount , can dealer offer it for the lower amount?

kezo
                                                Participant

If you have placed an order for car with ‘x’ ap, then the car is ready for collectiin within a quarter where the ap is lower than order amount , can dealer offer it for the lower amount?

Yes. They can cancel and reorder the car at the lower ap at collection. Done it a few times.

Paul

thanks @kezo

Rugbyleague
                                                    Participant

Ordering month for me. Not sure what to do. Want to carry on with electric but not too much available, Green car scheme launched at work which looks competitive.

Hoping for new cars to appear….

Smoggy

Lack of vehicles, excruciating lead times just makes it all a bit of a damp squib tbh.

Got the order in for the e vivaro elite in yesterday as from the few leaked vauxhall prices they were going up by at least 1000.

Now have to decide to stick with the transporter thats causing daughter to hurt herself or drop off the scheme for a year till the vivaro is ready but used prices not making that decision easy.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.