Placed my first order..

• Creator
    Topic
    markp1
    Participant

Hi all,

Placed an order yesterday for my first ever motability car. How long does it usually take them to approve and accept someone onto the scheme? Dealer said it’s usually quick but has been taking longer since new members like me have been allowed to join. Any other new applicants on here have any insight at all?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dennise

It should take a day or two for your application to be approved. The dealer should call you to say that your application has been successful.

Adam
        Participant
          File28

Don’t keep me in suspense

What did you order

If you don’t mind me asking

markp1
            Participant

Hi File28,

Peugeot 5008 GT Line Premium. I currently have the old SUV version of t(e same car on a 66 plate so using that to pay for the AP and an extra that was already in the car which I did a deal on.

file28
              Participant

nice choice and a good spec

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
                Peugeot 2008gt
                Selenium grey

markp1
                Participant

It is and my last 2 cars have been Peugeot across the last 12 years. I know some people have a thing against them re reliability but I’ve only had one issue and that was fixed foc so ca t complain. Went for the 1.5 diesel as both those last 2 have been diesel and despite reviews a 1.2 in such a big car seems a little underpowered. Also the car I’m getting is the one I drove so it’s from stock which’s cut the wait time once I’m approved.

vinalspin
                  Participant

The Peugeot diesel lump is still one of the best on the market, it’s just a variation of the same engine that’s been around for decades, I’ve had dozens of them and never had a problem.

simpleman

Did you test drive the Pug with trade plates or is it already registered for the road ?

It should take 7 days to get an answer.

Participant

Vinalspin I was told they have electrical problems that’s what’s pit me off I’m glad you have had no problems will take a look I know the auto box is shared with bmw so should be very smooth

markp1
                        Participant

Yeah, test drove on trade plates. They had the car there and I think may have been ordered in by a customer who maybe backed out as it had the front camera added or they’d got as a demo car which hadn’t been used as I put more miles on (17) than it had already!

simpleman

Hey well done. I only ask as i test drove a Skoda, it had less than 200 miles on the clock but it had been registered for the road and MB  would not allow me to have it . I had to wait 4 months !

I hope you enjoy your new car and more importantly get the chance to use it during these difficult times.

Amberspy

Hi I placed my first order on 2nd July

still half way on tracker and a new customer so thinking mite take longer

Georgie

Is that the 7 seater?

markp1
                                Participant

Hi Georgie,

Yes it is as we have 4 kids. Eldest one is off to uni in September but as she hasn’t passed her test yet due to the shutdown we decided we’d still go for it. Plus it stops our other 3 fighting if ones in the 3rd row lol. I Basically I’m just upgrading to the new version of the car I have. I personally don’t think there’s a better 7 seat option out there and independent reviews seem to beat that out.

rox
                                  Participant

How much is you current car worth being on a 66 plate seems like it could be worth more than the Ap surely and a bad trade if that’s the case, hope i’m wrong on that, but i know car dealers. I used to have 3 kids all 5 years apart so know what they like them fighting all The time.

It will take a min of 7 days before you in the car i would think. but it does dright now also depend on how long it takes for your application to be processed and for you to recieve the pin threw the post.

vinalspin
                                    Participant

Hi Mike, I did read some stories about electrical gremlins on the early production runs but those seem to have been ironed out, I guess it’s the same with any new car and teething troubles, My Alhambra had been around for 7 years when I got it new in “17” and I had no end of problems with it (mechanical as well as electrical).

This is my 4th Peugeot/Citroen diesel on the scheme and bar a crap battery from Bosch fitted @ the factory I’ve never had an issue with any of them, plenty of poke and always 50+ mpg.

One thing I will say about the 5008 tho is it’s slightly lower on headroom than the 3008, especially in the (huge) boot. It does drive lovely tho. 😊

markp1
                                      Participant

Hi Rox,

Yes my car is worth more than the AP and I’m getting the rest back as cash so don’t worry I haven’t been fleeced. Got a decent price for my current car, within the ranges given by independent online values and good ol’ “we buy” and also negotiated over the factory fitted extra. I’m happy and expect they are too

rox
                                        Participant

Hi Rox, Yes my car is worth more than the AP and I’m getting the rest back as cash so don’t worry I haven’t been fleeced. Got a decent price for my current car, within the ranges given by independent online values and good ol’ “we buy” and also negotiated over the factory fitted extra. I’m happy and expect they are too

Cool just thought it was worth pointing out. H8 anyone to get fleeced. Especailly those with a family like myself.

JS
                                          Participant

with on ball dealerships and everything running perfect an in stock car(on site) can take as little as 4 days but 7 to 10 is the norm however with showrooms and motability etc just reopening we as yet are not back to norm.  for new applications add to that the high numbers all ordering since the 1st and having to get confirmation of entitlement from a over run DWP there is a possible delay. a statement from Motability.

Due to high volumes of new to Scheme submissions, applications that require an allowance check are currently likely to be delayed by up to ten working days.

markp1
                                            Participant

JS, don’t all new applications “require an allowance check”? Assumed that would be the case for anyone joining

JS
                                              Participant

JS, don’t all new applications “require an allowance check”? Assumed that would be the case for anyone joining

i guess some may already have an entitlement letter that the dealership will photocopy, that speeds up the process slightly, motability are on what they call a “digital Journey” your dealer should of signed you up to the latest one as it launched last week, if they took your email address keep an eye out for one from Motability giving you more information and inviting you to join their digital journey and activate your online account.. dont forget to check your spam folder too, basically it’s a newer version of the online application tracker. once signed up it allows you to access.

application submission date, lease period and dealership contact information
                                                personal details
                                                payment breakdown
                                                vehicle details and adaptation information
                                                named drivers
                                                when the application has passed the eligibility checks, you’ll also be able to retrieve your  PIN and download your Contract Hire Agreement and Insurance Statement of Fact documents.

markp1
                                                Participant

Yes I’ve had one of those and created my account and I also took my entitlement letter with me which they copied so hopefully that will speed things up a little. Like it as soon as, who wouldn’t, but I am in a fortunate position that I have a perfectly good car at present which won’t conk out any time soon!

C2clo

Hi we looked at the 5008 and loved it. It had everything we needed and more, it drove really well, but the passenger seat rake adjustment was too far back and could not be adjusted to get the backrest more upright, which we need to help with back and hip problems. Salesman tells us it must be faulty, and if we ordered one it would not arrive like that. We were just about to sign on the dotted line and had a question about the interior so tried the car in the showroom. The seat was exactly the same. The moral of the story is don’t believe everything the salesman says and always try at least two different models in the range.

I hope you like your 5008, we would have loved one.

markp1
                                                    Participant

I have a hip problem which is why I get PIP but didn’t try passenger seat, I won’t be sat in that one too often. I’m an old cynic so with any sales pitch I assume they’re lying and work backwards from there so absolutely, always try things for yourself. I hope you find the right car for you.

Phaedra
                                                      Participant

After the great Tiguan fiasco where I had to wait and place a new order July 1st   My dealer put my order into Motability last Thursday, just checked online and the application has passed the checks and been accepted already 🙂

So hopefully won’t be car-less and housebound for too much longer!

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.