PIP Vouchers

• Creator
    Topic
    pauld
    Participant

Seeing more and more articles about possibly monthly PIP payments replaced by vouchers,,curious if anybody has views on it.

Personally if that was to happen ,that would mean no future motorbility cars for me as my care section of my PIP goes towards saving for the AP ,for the next car.

I know over the years many proposals are suggested and put forward and nothing comes of them,i hope this is the case on this one.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MickC
      Participant

Its at the Green Paper stage,just think tank propaganda by the Tories.

By the 30th May it will be chucked in the dustbin when the current Parliament dissolves.

I’m confident that it wont happen.

DumfriesDik
        Participant

Vouchers for what??

VW ID3 Max is my DD

ChrisK
          Participant

Vouchers for what??

Money off vouchers for walking sticks at Argos.😁🤔😒

BearHardy
            Participant
              BearHardy
              Participant
                BearHardy
                Participant
                  Ele
                  Participant

My idea is better than theres imo

Modernising Support for Independent Living: lol

I give you

The Health and Disability Green Toilet Paper

kezo
                    Participant

🤣🤣

Participant

My idea is better than theres imo Modernising Support for Independent Living: lol I give you The Health and Disability Green Toilet Paper

Medicated, I trust.

Participant

Ignore all the media clickbait about it. IF changes of this magnitude were to happen it would take years to implement and we the customers would have to be given a decent notice period.

Personally I doubt the Motability scheme would be affected, the British car industry relies heavily upon it to keep the numbers up.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

Ele
                          Participant

IMO Things will soon change

What exactly? is as yet unknown

Just my thoughts,what are yours?

Why are we at this point?, eat out to help out?,Poor PPE? Boris at the helm?

Maybe not wasting all that money on implementing uneeded PIP reform and lining the pockets of failed and uneeded private assessment companies, Running the NHS into he ground imo All in an attempt to privatise as much as possible and to have a USA style insurance health system,

Claims rise imo in part due to the above and because people are not being diagnosed/treated in a reasonable time frame and because of this in part many cases miss what can be a small window of  opportunity for them thus resulting in longer term problems

Seems now the trough is empty we get to carry the can,yet again

All PIP changes whatever they are imo will be incrementally and slowly introduced so it is able to be properly managed by limited DWP staff

A guess as easier targets have always been the norm
                            New claims imo and all current MH claimants quite possibly in the first line of fire
                            Also imo  AUTISM 2nd biggest PIP claiming group I suspect may be messed with
                            Maybe all those over  66 imo with ongoing awards will be left alone simply to allow limited DWP staff to concentrate on things elsewhere
                            Qualification criteria/points for PIP Mobility may well be played about with imo

Pension age as a PIP qualifying deadline will imo be done away with ( now the state pension age is increasing overtime) Can see the PIP qualifying age incrementally being reduced to as low as 60yrs of age imo
                            Time will tell but one thing for sure .Gov imo will continue to attack and blame the weakest

• This reply was modified 6 days, 20 hours ago by Ele.
                            kezo
                            Participant

The idea of PIP being based on ones condition rather than how the condition affects your daily life, is dangerous to say the least.

Perhaps politicians and certainly the DWP should understand more than anyone that no two people with the same condition  are the same. AFAIK they have their heads up their @rses and couldn’t care less.

My daughter who apart from her disability has severe learning needs and well on the autistic spectrum. She is often violent, would get lost if she left the house alone and probably knocked over as she has no sense of danger inside the home or outside what so ever and requires help in all persnal hygeine. Yet however,she looks pretty normal to look at and will lead to her downfall.

Someone with cancer, are the DWP only going to look at the word and not take into consideration the stages of such disease, how it affects their daily life or how the treatment affects their daily life.

The list goes on!

Dangerous times at the moment!

Ele
                              Participant

The idea of PIP being based on ones condition rather than how the condition affects your daily life, is dangerous to say the least. Perhaps politicians and certainly the DWP should understand more than anyone that no two people with the same condition are the same. AFAIK they have their heads up their @rses and couldn’t care less. My daughter who apart from her disability has severe learning needs and well on the autistic spectrum. She is often violent, would get lost if she left the house alone and probably knocked over as she has no sense of danger inside the home or outside what so ever and requires help in all persnal hygeine. Yet however,she looks pretty normal to look at and will lead to her downfall. Someone with cancer, are the DWP only going to look at the word and not take into consideration the stages of such disease, how it affects their daily life or how the treatment affects their daily life. The list goes on! Dangerous times at the moment!

I agree Dangerous times indeed

You say {The idea of PIP being based on ones condition rather than how the condition affects your daily life, is dangerous to say the least.} I agree with you and in my own experience 14yrs ago it took me 5yrs just to get through/fight the NHS/DWP/courts system just to be properly diagnosed and have my condition recogised

My eventual diagnosis was key and that gave credence to me getting PIP and ESA Support group,

Prior to my diagnosis noone showed any interest in my condition or how my condition affected me on a daily basis

I suspect this applies to many others

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

And just to add while im on a roll lol

Watch out for  Sir Edward Troup, a former executive for HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) who has been/ is advising  Chancellor Rachel Reeves

Reading between the lines

Means-testing is coming me thinks …..   may include Disability Living Allowance, New style Employment and Support Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and of course the State Pension.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 17 hours ago by Ele.
                                • This reply was modified 6 days, 17 hours ago by Ele.
                                ChrisK
                                Participant

IMO Things will soon change What exactly? is as yet unknown Just my thoughts,what are yours? Why are we at this point?, eat out to help out?,Poor PPE? Boris at the helm?

Well as far as Starmer goes its a case of, as the Who once said “Meet the new boss, same as the old boss” only thing that’s different is, we will get fooled again.

😁🤔😒

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.