New Motability Website

This topic contains 41 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar wmcforum 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #87771 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday will see the launch of the new Motability website:

‘Our website will be down for maintenance and upgrades from 10pm on Wednesday 18 September until 6am on Thursday 19 September. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.’

Can we list a number of improvements we would like to see and then check them off on Thursday morning.

While the photographs have improved slightly recently they still detract from the users experience, new cars have joined the scheme and the photographs have been of the previous but one model or without a photo at all, it should be better.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87774 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Great to hear.

Thank you for the update and looking forward to browsing.

ūüŹé I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing itūüŹé

#87776 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Nice one wmc look forward to that.

#87782 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

better search parameters, i need a car with a higher seating position but theres only me no passengers and no wheelchair or equipment to accomodate, but if i search just mpv’s and suv’s quite a few suitable models dont come up i have to add small and medium cars as well to get them but i end up with loads of unsuitable cars.

better discriptions and model info as highlighted when the mercedes came on with various packs and the bmw i3 with the different “moods”.

#87783 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

How about a website that was designed this century for starters.

#87785 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Fast forward to the Motability website 8.00am Thursday 19th September:

We are sorry, but due to you lot from the WMC Forum all trying out our new website  searching for vehicles, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. We are sorry for any convenience this may cause. Please try later.

Lol

#87802 Reply
    JS

As stated in another thread a couple weeks back this what Motability state the new website will help with. no mention of the car search.

how the new website will benefit Motability customers:

Simpler navigation with fewer links and better use of sub-headings.
    Cleaner and more simplified layout.
    Clearer user journeys split by product type: CARS, WAVs and PWS.
    Improved options to self-serve.

#87816 Reply
    Scott

Hi am looking at VW Tiguan R-line tech it’s been reduced to ¬£2399 from ¬£2999 last quarter does anyone think it will be reduced again next quarter?

#87820 Reply
    POPS

I have no idea Scott, but I will say that historically quarter four advance payments have not seen too many reductions.

#87826 Reply
    Scott

Thanks, POPS, I think am going to take the chance and put in my order as I’ve been offered cashback on this deal which is better than waiting and missing out on the cashback. Would you know how low has the Tiguan R-line been since it’s been on Motability?¬†

#87828 Reply
    Scott

<i>I’ve had my car the max 5 years now and understand you get a good condition incentive of ¬£900 back? Am wondering how strict they are and what is the excess on insurance as someone scrapped my car not bad but don’t want to miss out on ¬£900 so my go through insurance.¬†</i>

#87852 Reply
    JS

Scott a couple of things I would suggest would be to pop into your VW dealer and ask them if you order now (make sure the pick up date is after your full 5 year term) will they reduce the AP should it lower Q4 (it makes no difference to them they will just change it on thier system) and secondly whilst there I would ask the salesperson (as it’s them that ticks the Good condition box) if you need to go through the insurance or will them be ticking the ok box. A phone call before you go to the dealership to Motability wouldn’t hurt letting them know about the scratch as they may suggest the dealership takes photos and they could decide not to repair and honour the full GCB. This would save you the excess too

#87863 Reply
    Scott

Thanks JS am going to the dealership tomorrow, the sales guys been okay but told me someone from Motability makes the decision on condition and awards the cashback. I do believe contacting Motability showing the damage would be a good idea ūüĎć do you know what access you have to pay? It’s typical supermarket damage (small graze by the wheel arch), no-one about noticed when I got back.

#87866 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry too much Scott, they expect a few trolley dings here and there. The good condition assessment is done when the final MOT is done and confirmed by the receiving dealer when you collect your new car (or return if not renewing). Mine has about three such dents from trolleys and kids on bikes and they’ve already told me it passed with flying colours and I haven’t even changed yet.

#87869 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

As stated in another thread a couple weeks back this what Motability state the new website will help with. no mention of the car search.

Very good point JS and something that also occurred to me when this thread started. If you look at the website as a whole the car search is a relatively small part of it and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they just patched the old search into the new site with a view to updating it separately at a later date as it’s probably the most complicated section to do.

So everyone just be prepared for what could be a massive anticlimax on Thursday. I’m not being a party pooper just think of it as managing expectations :-D. Hopefully we’ll have a big new shiny, all singing and dancing search facility but maybe we won’t.

#87870 Reply
    JS

off hand I can’t remember if it ¬£150 or ¬£250 excess. It sounds like the damage would be ok and Motability will use thier discretion, they may require you to send an email with photos attached and decide from there, a few previous threads on the topic has been had, feel free to check out the search box, I will try and find one where someone was in this same situation and Motability paid out without repairing.

#87872 Reply
    JS

Scott I’m not sure what I was thinking of but it would seem the excess is only ¬£100 I can’t find the thread I was thinking of but someone on here definitely got paid out in full and Motability took the decision not to repair.

its on an individual bases but with a 5 year old car going into the system and maybe auction they may deem it not viable to repair as the cost in doing so will not reflect in the sale price.

Good luck

#87874 Reply
    JamesG
    jamesg

JS    Scott   if no third  party damage   and  within  3  months of change   they never  repaired  mine  and got the 250  gcb    no excess !

#87876 Reply
    JamesG
    jamesg

Hopefully   after   tomorrow   i will  be redundant !    FAT   CHANCE   ?

#87877 Reply
    JS

James I wouldn’t hang up your pen up just yet. As I’ve hinted/said before I don’t think we a going to see much change with the car search, Motability are aiming at simplifying things for there benefit and in readiness for targeting the one million users eligible but not presently using the scheme. The car search and its inaccuracies are most frustrating on the website for the customer but alas I feel will be overlooked at present.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar JS.
    #87887 Reply
    Scott

Hi, thanks so much for the advice and information. Am ordering the car today is it mobility website down today or the whichmotbility that is down? Just don’t want to travel an hour away to find I can’t order ūüėĘ.

#87894 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The Motability site, from 10pm this evening.

#87914 Reply
    Scott
    1. Hi, all thank you all for your help and support.  I ordered my new car today. It went really well, am  so happy, build date is December though I went for the VW Tiguan R-line tech. I hope you all realise how important to us newbies your knowledge and support is.
    #87916 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Having had a play this morning doing a few searches, very little seems to have changed in the ‘search’ facility, other than vehicle titles are now in blue in the ‘results’ .

There doesn’t seem to be any more information about the vehicles displayed, and we still have the odd 70p/71p ending Advance Payments.

There is a banner at the top of the pages saying ”We have updated our website to make it easier for you to find what you‚Äôre looking for. We‚Äôd love to know what you think. You can let us know by completing this short survey.”

Dave

#87927 Reply
    Mark

I have just looked at motability website and I am impressed.

Well done and thank you.

#87929 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

As suspected nothing about the search facility has changed apart from the look of it.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
Reply To: New Motability Website

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: