New GLA

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123895 Reply
    Stephanie O\’Donnell

Morning,

I just had a phone call from my local Mercedes garage to let me know that they had confirmation this morning that the new GLA will be added to the scheme for Q4.

I’ve ordered an XC40 as I was unsure whether it would join the scheme. A little bit of me wishes I’d waited but hey ho!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #123896 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

that’s good news for all the gla lovers, personally I prefer the xc40 but if you really want the gla just cancel your order no? The xc40 is a very popular car yours will end up being sold straight away, you don’t need to accept anything until you enter the pin

#123900 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

How does a local dealership know what’s coming on the scheme when Motability doesn’t even know yet?

#123911 Reply
    72 dudes

Also would seem to suggest that, if true, Motability have finally done away with the whole ‘base model must be under £30k’ rule.

Surely this would have warranted an announcement or an addition to the website?

#123916 Reply
    Ianfca

There always seems to be anomaly’s with the £30k rule, the ford galaxy starts at over £32k for the base model.

#123971 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Vinalspin, around this time just before the new Q, some motability salesmen and their manager go with someone higher up of their car brand to a meeting with motability (probably done on zoom now lol) anyway and they agree on the prices, I know this because I have a friend that used to work at seat, of course this could be different for each car brand who knows) but eg 1.5 years ago my family got an ateca, we knew the prices were gonna go up so we ordered before it did

#124051 Reply
    Chris

“How does a local dealership know what’s coming on the scheme when Motability doesn’t even know yet?”

I was talking to a rep in Mercedes last week and I asked him will he know if the GLA has plans to come back on, and he said ‘i’ll find out 1st of October just like you would online’

Then took a Q2 out, but it didn’t really suit us, so I asked the Audi rep if he thinks there’s a chance the Q3 would be reintroduced and he said ‘I’d like to think so, so what I can do is contact you a few days before the 1st of Oct, as I get to see whats coming on to the list’

I guess it depends on your position in the dealership, if you get to see the new list early or not!?

#124058 Reply
    John Newton

If the GLA does come on at a sensible price it will give me a dilemma on whether to cancel my B200 or not , And even if it is a sensible price if the lead time is too long then I will just go ahead with my current order

#124063 Reply
    Chris

The rep said “If the GLA came on, the lead time would likely be Dec-Jan”

When I asked the Audi rep on Q3 he said “if Q3 came on to the scheme, depending on what colour/spec you wanted, you could probably get one straight away, there are plenty stocked” make that as you will

#124065 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I had a Q3 as my first ever MB car it was the 2 litre quattro sline and the best car i have ever owned. Fingers crossed for the good old days returning.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#124070 Reply
    Lord Muc

Absolutely loved my old Q3, wish I had specced up on it, and gone for the black edition at the time, instead of the x1. But fancied a change. Looks fantastic in it’s new version.

#124075 Reply
    Chris

Lord Muc, the rep let us sit in the new Q3, and its very nice, I had a Rline Tiggy last time, and it looks very similar inside. Very classy

#124110 Reply
    Andrew

Would think GLA will be priced along lines of CLA around £3750 for top spec .

Thats £1400 more than B200 premium plus which I think is great value if you can get one,

as they have same dimensions and almost identical interiors, just GLA Is jacked up 5cm higher.

#124136 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

No prices as yet but the GLA’s to be added on 1st October are all Automatics.

GLA 180 in all trims: Sport, Sport Executive, AMG Line, AMG Line Executive, AMG Line Premium and AMG Line Premium Plus.

GLA 200 only in Sport trim.

#124138 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Nice! Any news on the GLB WMC?

#124143 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Nice! Any news on the GLB WMC?

Nothing. Don’t think it’s going to make it on sadly.

#124144 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Damn, thanks for the update anyway! 🤝

#124208 Reply
    Andrew

Thanks for the info.

Glad I didn’t wait to see price of GLA200 if it’s only available in basic sport trim.

#124209 Reply
    Andrew

Makes the B200 Amg premium plus look even better value now

#124211 Reply
    John Newton

@Andrew I agree I’ll stick with the B200

#124252 Reply
    Moreton5

Bit sad that the glb isn’t coming on, oh well

#124438 Reply
    ree94

Just had confirmed like stated above  that

New GLA models available in Q4:
    GLA 180 Sport Auto
    GLA 180 Sport Executive Auto
    GLA 180 AMG Line Auto
    GLA 180 AMG Line Executive Auto
    GLA 180 AMG Line Premium Auto
    GLA 180 AMG Line Premium Plus Auto
    GLA 200 Sport Auto

Will 100% be on Q4

#124439 Reply
    Chris

Cheers Ree

#124442 Reply
    ree94

Was hoping for gla 200 in better trims or maybe a 4 wheel drive but suppose at least there on here now

#124443 Reply
    Chris

No prices Ree?

#124466 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

I’m still hopeful for the GLB to come on soon. The difference between them is only £1500 like for like and your getting a lot more car with the GLB in my opinion. Much more practical for those that need the space.

GLA is still a very nice car though.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by NewYork1.

Current car VW Touran SEL

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
Reply To: New GLA
Your information: