Motobility grants

This topic contains 46 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Pete 18 hours, 26 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118986 Reply

mike

Fair play to the grants team at motobility. they have done a great job. Enquired about a grant for the upfront yesterday (13/07/20).

Got a call this morning and started filling form out. I was sent a copy to complete. Submitted, Then get an email for additional evidence. Gathered all the evidence & submitted. Got a call from a lovely lady stating the awarded the full amount at 15:10.

So from 09:10 to 15:10 the whole process was completed.

Just have to wait until September for it to arrive.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118989 Reply

Susan

Congratulations. We’ve never bothered as it’s made out to be a very difficult thing to do. The blurb I read was that you’re unlikely to get one for the car you want, rather Motability will try and find the best suited one (in their opinion) with the lowest AP. I take it that wasn’t your experience?

#118997 Reply

martino

mike well done , can i ask did you get the car you wanted or did they offer you a cheaper alternative

#119006 Reply

Zoe

Oh are they open again? When I spoke to them two weeks ago the grants wasn’t opened yet .

#119011 Reply

joss
    Participant

Oh are they open again? When I spoke to them two weeks ago the grants wasn’t opened yet .

There was an item in the latest mobility news letter Susan. Detailing time table for things getting back to normal service.

https://www.motability.org.uk/about/news/motability-charity-phased-reopening

Charitable Grants Update: Motability, the Charity, are in our phased period of reopening. We are now accepting applications from beneficiaries who do not currently have a vehicle on the Motability Scheme and for the Driving Lessons, Access to Work and Additional Transitional Support grant programmes. Our phone lines are open between 10.00am-4.00pm. Due to anticipated increased demand, our call waiting times may be longer than usual.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  joss. Reason: post wrong link Doh

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#119044 Reply

mike

Hi Martino

I ordered the car the day before the the Q£ list came out. I ordered a jeep Compass auto 4WD. The upfront Q2 was £1495 it then jumped to £2045 in q3. They paid the full amount of the upfront despite me making an offer to contribute. They asked why I needed a 4WD, I explained that I have a 3 wheel hand cranked bike I ride off road, bit like a mountain bike and it will take me to the  start of some inaccessible trails.

#119045 Reply

mike

Hi Susan

I have nothing but praise for the lady who rang me today, She took complete ownershipm of the whole process; from application to the award being granted. She even sent me a letter to forward to the dealer stating that motobility were paying the AP for me.

#119047 Reply

Susan

That’s very impressive, you lucked out there!

#119058 Reply

Peter

I have rang Motability on a few occasions over the last five years or so.  I have always found them extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

#119100 Reply

martino

mike so the reason you needed the grand was for a 4×4 is that the reason you applied for the grant , did they accept that as a reason. did they not try and get you to take a smaller 4×4

also what finance information did they need, all i have is my various benefits and civil service pension

#119101 Reply

Gordon

You were lucky, I asked for help with a 4×4 a few years ago and was told that they don’t do grants for that sort of vehicle, despite living in a remote part of the Cairngorms. Their advice was to not leave the house if the weather was bad!

#119112 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Is Motability giving you a grant to enable you to pursue your hobby that you fund yourself or am I misunderstanding the situation?

#119115 Reply

martino

Gordon me to i got told almost the same , you dont need 4×4 people in big towns dont know what its like to live in a remote place in the winter

#119116 Reply

martino

Your misunderstanding

#119120 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Mike said

“They asked why I needed a 4WD, I explained that I have a 3 wheel hand cranked bike I ride off road, bit like a mountain bike and it will take me to the  start of some inaccessible trails”

Is it correct that the reason he needs the car,and therefore a charitable grant, is to pursue a hobby.

I am sure I am not understanding this correctly.

#119129 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Well, looks as though you can ask for a sporting related grant!

Motability will consider grant to accommodate

“Disability-related equipment to enable participation in sporting activities”

#119130 Reply

mike

Hi smallcar

this was not the case. Yeah to move my scooter around, but not my bike, I will help me, but I didnt known that and it was not mentioned on the grant form.

#119132 Reply

mike

Hi smallcar

I also do clay pigeon shooting, I am sure they wouldnt have funded a gun locker in the car for me.

#119134 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

That’s great to hear a grant being paid to aid us to peruse our hobbies and health. Well done motability.

Tiguan fan boy

#119135 Reply

Tommy

So guys who qualify for a motability grant

#119140 Reply

martino

sorry dont know why i wrote ”Your misunderstanding” think i feel asleep at the computer

#119183 Reply

joss
    Participant

So guys who qualify for a motability grant

All you need to know about Charitable Grants Motability

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#119903 Reply

Bifter

Hi Good Morning everyone  .

Do any of you know if theres any time limit in place regarding grants,  I received one just over 3 years ago towards  a vehicle A.P , I am due to change my current vehicle and my physical needs have changed over the last 3 years so I need to look for a different type of car , I wasnt sure if you have received a grant once before if it then makes you ineligible for a further one .

Many Thanks

#119908 Reply

mike

Hi Bifter

I got a grant for my first car. the one I have just ordered is my 4th. I you speak to the grants team and explain your additional need they will be very helpful, especially if your needs have changed.

#119919 Reply

Mark Pithers

Somehow the possibility of a grant passed me by and I financed the AP on the car I got a week ago using my old one as a trade in and it was £3599 we could’ve done with as I don’t work and wife is sole earner in a low paid job.

Does anyone know if grants can be awarded retrospectively?

#119926 Reply

mitch
    Participant

bifter, i dont know about the charitable grants but the veterans grant towards an auto is one every 3 years, i got one for the previous car but as i changed early due to needing a higher car i couldnt have one for this car unless i waited till september.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
Reply To: Motobility grants

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: