Golf gtd help

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167234 Reply
    Mattyw

Need some help if possible ordered a golf gtd with 19” alloys and winter pack  And in kings red could any one on here please tell me what the down payment is on a gtd and isn’t paint free no matter what colour it is that’s what I was told but on my order looks like they are charging me for it

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167237 Reply
    Kwikfitman

The standard colours are free including metallic however some car manufacturers also do a premium paint and that will be charged for this should have been agreed in writing before you leave the dealers

During the meeting when its all going well and you enter a verbal agreement do not leave the showroom with out a print off of what is being ordered at what cost and what specification engine fuel colour and most important what MY month year you are ordering

#167238 Reply
    Rene

Paint isn’t free no matter what kind, no. As was mentioned, standard paints are free, for most manufacturers metallic paints are too – but not all of them. Usually you don’t get charged full amount though, i recall someone paying £100 or something like that towards a metallic paintjob. “Special”, or premium paints are usually out of pocket, like Oryx white etc.

But, absolutely you should be told the price before you sign the contract. They usually sit down with you, go through the list and tell you the price. The GTD currently is £2850 AP.

#167254 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’m not aware of any manufacturers that charge Motability customers for metallic paints, but I am prepared to be corrected. The default policy is that ‘normal’ metallic paints are free of charge and if you want a premium metallic paint you pay the additional cost above the regular metallics only, not the full cost. So, for example, if a manufacturer charges £500 for metallic you pay nothing and if they charge £750 for premium paints you pay £250, being the additional cost above normal metallic paint. For a short period of time last year (from memory) Volvo charged Motability customers for metallic paint but reversed that decision quite quickly. So, as far as I know, there are no manufacturers currently charging for regular metallic paints but if that’s not the case it will be interesting to know who they are, as it would be a further erosion of the scheme.

#167263 Reply
    Rene

If i’m not mistaken it was in regards to a Peugeot, and mentioned here in the forum.

It could be that i’m recalling incorrectly and it was indeed Volvo charging for metallic paints, but i’m not 100% certain.

It’s a moot point either way since Kings Red is indeed a premium colour anyway, so either way they’d charge “an amount” for it.

#167267 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

Ford charged me £150 for the “exclusive metallic” Magnetic Grey which is a £750 option.Ford allow you as a motability customer £600 which will cover the cost of the “standard (solid) and (metallic) ” colours.

That was in April this year.

#167268 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ford charged me £150 for the “exclusive metallic” Magnetic Grey which is a £750 option.Ford allow you as a motability customer £600 which will cover the cost of the “standard (solid) and (metallic) ” colours. That was in April this year.

Exactly as I thought MickC. You pay the difference above the regular metallics. The irony in this case is that Magnetic has been around for years with Ford (my daughters 2015 Focus is Magnetic) and used to be a normal metallic colour, so a bit of profiteering by Ford to now charge even more for it! It’s a lovely colour by the way, one of the nicest greys on the market IMO, so I’m not surprised that it’s still around.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Golf gtd help
Your information: