Fosters proper shandy

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Got this yesterday it’s a lovely taste can really taste the lemons in it really refreshing will have a tin watching Germany v Scotland tonight with Brydo May have a tin Sunday night watching England v Serbia ! Yes Kezo it’s still the old tv noticed the LG C3 Oled around £750 now I’m very tempted

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

A bottle of shweppes lemonade and a can of lager makes 2 drinks 😉

The C3 is one of LG’s upper tier TVs. At £750 is good.

Participant

Kezo did wigwam leave over the Nicola sturgeon scandal ? I do miss his views on here I think he fell out with Brydo

Phaedra
          Participant

I use whatever beer or lager is cheapest!, I used to use Asda Bitter which were 4 for about £1.50 but they’ve not had any recently.  This week I got 18 tins of Carlsberg for £11 and 4 bottles of Schweppes for £1.30 a bottle at Tesco.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
            Participant

Kezo did wigwam leave over the Nicola sturgeon scandal ? I do miss his views on here I think he fell out with Brydo

It was not because of Brydo!

Jojoe
              Participant

I use whatever beer or lager is cheapest!, I used to use Asda Bitter which were 4 for about £1.50 but they’ve not had any recently. This week I got 18 tins of Carlsberg for £11 and 4 bottles of Schweppes for £1.30 a bottle at Tesco.

I buy the cheap Asda bitter for shandy, bitter shandy is nicer than lager shandy. But I do notice the cheap Asda stuff gives me a headache.

DumfriesDik
                Participant

@Menorca_Mike Try and enjoy the footy – can’t you get the C3 delivered today?!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Phaedra
                  Participant

@Jojoe How much are you drinking!!  🙂

I can’t get it anywhere near me, it doesn’t even show up on the online shopping now.

Nearest thing they have is Boddingtons, 18 cans for £10 so I might try those next.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Jojoe
                    Participant

@Jojoe How much are you drinking!! 🙂 I can’t get it anywhere near me, it doesn’t even show up on the online shopping now. Nearest thing they have is Boddingtons, 18 cans for £10 so I might try those next.

One can of that Asda bitter gives me a headache, even mixed with lemonade. My Asda no longer has it either, I’ve still got 2 cans in the fridge that I bought in January, they’re in a brown can.

Phaedra
                      Participant

That’s the ones 🙂

It may be just me but there’s a lot of stuff that’s disappearing from my Asda and Tesco favourites!.

Made the mistake of picking up two of “Tesco’s Finest” Chinese ready meals when I took my son shopping on Tuesday, wish I’d read the online reviews first!

The Chicken Chop Suey was what I can only describe as disgusting, nothing like what’s shown on the photo, ended up with a gelatinous grey/brown mess, noodles were all soggy and in short clumps and the chicken was horrible.  The sweet & sour chicken wasn’t much better, the chicken & sauce was just one big soggy lump, the rice was full of massive bits of soggy rubbery onion.  Never again!.

In better news!, my local Herons have got the 2.5Kg bags of McCains “Our Chef Solutions” commercial oven chips back in 🙂 they’re 100% better than the cr@p McCains sell in the blue/yellow bags, those have about 25% of small useless bits and the rest are full of black eyes etc.

Jojoe
                        Participant

If you like Indian curry, M&S do a lovely range, as near as you’ll get to a true takeaway. I make my own rice, buy a 69p Asda garlic naan pack and get the 2 for £15 deal, 2 main curries and 2 sides like onion bhajis and samosas or chicken tikka pakoras.

wmcforum
                          Which Mobility Car

Asda can save you a fiver!

Participant

Just opened a tin of fosters proper shandy to watch Germany v Scotland are you ready Brydo ?

Jojoe
                              Participant

Asda can save you a fiver!

I tried the Asda Bom Bahia range, think I had the madras and gunpowder potatoes. It was nice but I expected better after reading the reviews and seeing Bald Foodie Guy review them on YouTube. The potatoes were very nice, the curry I felt was average.

Phaedra
                                Participant

I tried the Slow cooked Beef Madras, didn’t taste like any madras I’ve ever had and the beef was about 50% chewy and inedible, wouldn’t have it again.

I had the Royal Pillau Rice with it, I don’t know if it was the cranberries in it but it’s also something I wouldn’t buy again.

wmcforum
                                  Which Mobility Car

The gunpowder potatoes were a high point for me too. I’m pleased others were not impressed, the family made me feel it was just me.

Jojoe
                                    Participant

I also had the lamb samosas which were dry and tasteless. Put something in posh packaging, give it a fancy name and you’ll fool a few people, but you won’t fool a true curry fan!

Phaedra
                                      Participant

I’m feeling hungry now!

I may be going through to see my best friend and his wife tomorrow night (if he’s recovered from the bug that’s going round here).

If I do I’ll be taking a Chinese, there’s a good one about 3-4 miles up the road from me that does large portions! so Spring Rolls, Chicken Fried Rice, Noodles with Beanspouts & Onions, Chips and a Curry Sauce is enough for the three of us 🙂

Problem is he lives about 16 miles away, so it’s a 30-40min journey!, worth it though as his local ones are pretty poor.

If he’s not recovered then I may go mad and get an Idian for myself, bit expensive but you’re only here once!. Onion Bhaji and Chicken Tikka starters, Beef Madras and a Plain Pillau Rice, I have some Asda Naan Breads in the cupboard so that should do nicely!.

kezo
                                        Participant

If we are having a curry it’s always from the Indian rather than supermarket bought.

Phaedra
                                          Participant

Just heard back from my friend, he’s still dying!, so Indian it is then 🙂

Jojoe
                                            Participant

We got a takeaway bag a few years ago, it’s a smaller version of the type Dominoes use to deliver your pizza, it’s quilted and foil lined, really does keep your food warm when bringing it back from the takeaway.

kezo
                                              Participant

I use a Aldi insulated zipped frozen food carrier bag, which are also available from Lidle and cost about £1.75.

Depending how far away the takeaway is or depending on traffic, I will pop an hot water bottle in bottom 😉

Jojoe
                                                Participant

We had M&S curry tonight, the beef madras was lovely, lots of meat and quite spicy for a supermarket. Onion bhajis were also great as were the chicken pakoras. The curries are £6.25 each but the meal deal adds two starters for £15.

wmcforum
                                                  Which Mobility Car

Love a recommendation. I will make the trip to Marks and Sparks, feed the brood and report back. Home made rice and those massive supermarket naan breads.

kezo
                                                    Participant

@Jojoe if you like hot curries, I can highly recommend a Nagawala.

Jojoe
                                                      Participant

Kezo, that sounds like spinach and naga chillies. My local does a Nepalese  curry with naga chillies, very hot but nice. I usually go for a vindaloo, the sauce is lovely.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.