Debadging bmw

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Steadyhorse 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #117706 Reply

DDSIMMONS1

is it ok to ask dealer when ordering new bmw to debadge car at factory

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117708 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It’s usually a no cost option on BMW, I assume Motabiliy will not have an issue. I’ll check for you.

#117709 Reply

ddsimmons1

Thank you

#117711 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It’s a NO.

#117717 Reply

DDSIMMONS1

Can you explain why it would be against the rules, it is only letters on back of vehicle. Thanks

#117720 Reply

72 Dudes

Interesting nonsense!

I think the Motability guy gave us the option to de-badge our T4 XC40, which we declined as we’re not worried whether the car behind, or the neighbours, know what engine we have!

#117721 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

As motability are buying the car and you are leasing it from them, it is their decision. Can I understand it? Yes and No.

#117722 Reply

DDSIMMONS1

Thanks for the help

#117723 Reply

Belfast4

Could someone please tell me if the car was given back to Motability, how on earth would they know which way it came to you. If for example you are cleaning your car with a power washer and it blew every badge of the outside of the car are you supposed to go to the dealer and replace them. All these rules in place and someone from Motability will never ever set eyes on your car.

#117725 Reply

DDSIMMONS1

thanks, you are right. I will ask BMW anyway. It does not affect the car

#117726 Reply

martino

i must be old why do you want to debadge the car ,is it in case someone works out what car you have lol,

my two friends did it (yes i have friends ) they say it looks better

#117729 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

I’m pretty sure my Touran is de-badged. All it says on back is Touran. No engine badge and I have seen some with it. I didn’t ask for it, its how it was delivered.

What exactly do we mean by debadging?

Current car VW Touran SEL

#117730 Reply

DDSIMMONS1

It’s just me, I prefer it not on the back for cleaning the car, I am fussy

#117731 Reply

martino

cleaning the car, what does that mean lol

#117732 Reply

Susan

This again goes back to the other thread about not being allowed to have factory fit options I guess. Why do dealerships not know this? Why do Motability not make this clear? We’ve had factory fit options for years including factory de badge option and never knew this wasn’t allowed.

#117733 Reply

Susan

Motability have this page on their own site, so who is wrong, the site or the advisors now telling us we cannot fit factory options?

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact/faqs/can-i-add-accessories-or-make-modifications-to-the-car

”Can I add accessories or make modifications to the car?
    You can order factory fitted options or accessories when you order your car, but you will be responsible for the additional costs. If you have any issues or require upgrades to factory fitted options or accessories, please initially contact your managing dealer to discuss this. If you wish to add accessories or make modifications to your car after you have collected it you must contact our Customer Services team for authorisation. Should such modifications be made without our authorisation you risk invalidating your insurance and you will be asked to remove them and return the car to its original specification at your cost.”

#117734 Reply

Susan

Just found this page that says you have to ask permission for the extras!

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact/faqs/can-i-add-optional-extras-to-my-car

Can I add optional extras to my car?
    You can add optional extras to your vehicle, but you will need to ask us for authorisation first. You will be responsible for any costs associated with these and please note that you will not be reimbursed when you return the car, even if your lease ends early.

For more information on modifications, visit the Adaptations and modifications page .”

#117738 Reply

Matt

We have ordered a stock Tiguan Allspace for Sept collection. The emailed brochure sent to me has “debadged” listed as standard (no engine size or trim level on boot lid). After 3 years, what is to stop motability accusing me of requesting this without their permission when I return the car? As with many other things regarding extras (e.g. What insurance covers) clarification would be greatly appreciated.

#117748 Reply

Susan

I’m waiting for Motability to call me with answers to many questions relating to factory options and accessories. 12 years on the scheme so far and not once have we been made aware that factory options have to be approved by Motability before they can be ordered. I’ve screen shot the page that doesn’t mention permission so we have a leg to stand on if they turn around and start telling us we’ve broken scheme rules/the law.

#117750 Reply

Zoe

I’m confused so I have to ask motability if I can pay for a reversing camera when ordering? Even though they have approved the ordering of the car which was sent through by the dealer? This is the first car I have had to pay for the extras as many don’t have the options available even in the highest spec.

#117751 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@JS answered this question on the 2nd.

Insurance warning, read before ordering extras

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#117758 Reply

simpleman

If you dont want people knowing its an under powered model just tape over the badges with tape !

Or you could get some M Power badges and change them back if involved in an accident or on return.

#117760 Reply

72 dudes

@Zoe.

No, your factory fit reversing camera is part of your Motability order, and therefore your contract with them and RSA.

The order, with any factory fit extras, goes through to Motability at the time of ordering, and is approved.

On the other hand, if you took delivery of a standard car and went to say Halfords to have a rear camera retro fitted, then that wouldn’t be covered by RSA insurance in the case of a claim

#117763 Reply

JS

lol if somebody asked “what badges does your car have” i wouldnt have a clue ive never give it a thought. im going to have to have a look now when i next go shopping

#117766 Reply

Susan

72 dudes, that’s not what that Motability page says.

Can I add optional extras to my car?
    You can add optional extras to your vehicle, but you will need to ask us for authorisation first. You will be responsible for any costs associated with these and please note that you will not be reimbursed when you return the car, even if your lease ends early

#117769 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Doesn’t get any better than this. 🤣😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Debadging bmw

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: