Clap for carers

This topic contains 50 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110926 Reply

JS

Clap for carers is not just for NHS, so a big clap and thankyou to all those carers amongst us, just because it’s for a family member doesn’t mean it’s less appreciated I’ll be outside at 8pm clapping for all forum users carers and their famies. Thank you.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #112183 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

The entire street out clapping very heart warming.

As a bonus my son was just returning from his jog as people were clapping, he milked it as if they were clapping for him, arms in air as if he was finishing a marathon, brilliant lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#112186 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fireworks went off here

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#112204 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I’ve only got one hand that works so I have to tap the top of my head.😁

Good turn out again this week, there’s a few, same few every week don’t come out but there a minority.

#112207 Reply

martino

chris  lol that put a smile on my face, because im exactly the same although i tap my leg not my head

#112214 Reply

Jane

Everyone out last night cars driving past beeping and my paramedic  neighbour  in tears. All nieghbours waving at each other  over the fences .even after clap everyone having a nice chat offering help to each other .

#112215 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

At 8 o’clock someone down the road was calling out and banging a pot or something. I looked out of the window to see what the noise was. No one else out,  Must have been embarrassing

#112240 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

At 8 o’clock someone down the road was calling out and banging a pot or something. I looked out of the window to see what the noise was. No one else out, Must have been embarrassing

One of two grandsons live a few doors down from me and for the first couple of weeks he’d come out with a pan and wooden spoon but we’ve had to stop him now because were running out of wooden spoons as he’s broken three so far.😁

#112583 Reply

JS

Blimey that time again Already. Tonight I will be clapping for Captain Tom and All the Fundraisers doing a fantastic job for our nation and local Charities.

Thank you

Happy Birthday Tom

#112584 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Everyone out again, I’m seeing neighbours i never knew i had lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#112588 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fireworks here again I clapped again

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#113007 Reply

JS

Tonight I will be clapping for all service personal past and present and their families, and everyone that pulled together to get through an horrific War, just like then our spirits will not be broken now, from the land army wowan to the Foster parents to the milkman who still left bottle on the standing Houses, for the ones left that remember I Thank you, if it wasn’t for your resilience our Country and today’s situation would be alot worse, you taught a generation Respect for others, it’s now everyone’s turn to return the lesson.

God Bless You.

#113009 Reply

Mike

I clapped for the bbc weather ladies fireworks went off here again

#113272 Reply

JS

Tonight I will be clapping for All the sensible people that are still self isolating and keeping safe, Thank You. Definitely not for the ones that are twisting the rules to the endangerment of others.

#113303 Reply

joss
    Participant

Well said JS. I am in total agreement with your sentiments.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#113573 Reply

JS

Tonight alongside clapping for carers a big clap goes out to all those that have missed out on celebrations and alike by respecting others and keeping social distance, a lot of people have missed out on birthdays etc and even weddings,

#113575 Reply

Philjb

My daughter was due to be married tomorrow in swanage. plus their  honeymoon was cancelled too.

We’ve been lucky enough to book the same day next year.

we will be giving them and all the others in similar circumstances an extra clap.

#113578 Reply

JS

Thank them both Philjb, it’s a very hard sacrifice to of made, I wish them all the best for the future.

#113643 Reply

Philjb

Thanks JS.

#113654 Reply

Footloose

I turned 50 during lockdown but I wasn’t too disheartened as it was just my daughter and I and as we have normally been working during birthdays it was a great day  but I feel for everyone who has had to cancel memorable occasions but hope that as a level of normality returns so will their chance to resume their plans 🍺

#113655 Reply

brydo

I see the lady who started this is saying next week should be the last as ten weeks is enough. I will continue for a while yet as it’s not about time it’s about commitment. As long as people are putting their lives on the line, over and above what could reasonably be expected of them, the least we can do is show our appreciation.

#113668 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Not sure this is still happening where I live, the feedback about people banging pans & letting fireworks off has been necessarily brutal.

Also, most folk aren’t back from the BBQ down the beach 30 miles away for 8pm.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  gothitjulie.
    #113719 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

I think the lady who started it is right. It also irks me when it’s constantly the NHS. I love the NHS and have huge respect for all within it but ALL workers carrying on essential work are equally important, binmen, carers, drivers, shop workers the list is long.

I leave a bottle of ale in the milk crate every few weeks for our milky who’s got to be nearly 70.

He says there’s no need but it is much appreciated.

#113990 Reply

JS

Tonight in contrast to last week where I clapped for people missing out on celebration etc, tonight a big clap to all those and their families that have beat the virus and get to see so much more. We’ll done, don’t waste a minute Enjoy every moment.

#113997 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

There was a push earlier today in the media for tonight’s Clap for Carers to be the last. It is supported by the lady credited with starting it.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#114210 Reply

Richard

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Wonder how many put clapping will be backing this gov when they put a cap on their wages again soon.</p>
    Shame those clapping weren’t all protesting the gov booting the families of deceased immigrant NHS staff out of the country after dying from Covid (been stopped now fortunately).

This clapping business is imho really dangerous as its a distraction from working conditions of Carers & NHS staff. The incredibly poor wages for carers. My sister has been doing 12 hour shifts looking after dying covid patients she’s 27 has a baby & is paid £17,000 that’s a total joke.

I appreciate its raising spirits for some & if it’s making you happier then good for you but most medics etc would rather we didn’t bother, stayed inside & pressured our MPs into providing PPE, not lying about the stats (like a swab from throat & nose from 1 person is 2 tests, how figures are massaged) & better pay & conditions.

Not meaning to have a go at anyone & if people feel like clapping safely then go for it but I’m putting my energy into pushing for better treatment for all these people

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Clap for carers

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: