Clap for carers

This topic contains 50 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110926 Reply

JS

Clap for carers is not just for NHS, so a big clap and thankyou to all those carers amongst us, just because it’s for a family member doesn’t mean it’s less appreciated I’ll be outside at 8pm clapping for all forum users carers and their famies. Thank you.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110934 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I clapped and cried very emotional fireworks went off around here they doing a fantastic job

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#110936 Reply

Footloose

We had the neighbour playing the bagpipes which was fantastic and a wonderful sound during the current situation 🌈

#110943 Reply

joss
    Participant

I clapped my wife and kids for looking after me.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#110946 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

I gave my wife the clap too.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#110947 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Please clapp next week

#110999 Reply

Mike

I went out to clap for carers. My partner works in domiciliary care & I felt so proud for this unsung army of people.

#111460 Reply

JS

Tonight I will be clapping for all the lorry/delivery people across the country as well as all the carers and NHS staff etc. It’s great to see the country united.

#111463 Reply

brydo

Not a sole out clapping tonight, last week everyone was out, strange.

#111464 Reply

JS

I can only see a few houses from me but can usually hear the others, my neighbours were out but that maybe because they heard me. I think the main issue is everyone losing track of days and time, next door came out and i must admit I was relieved as for a moment I thought it could be Wednesday lol.

#111466 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

It’s cold here so no one out, but we clapped at our front window, but didn’t notice anyone else, last week there was a few out.

#111467 Reply

Briggsy
    Participant

Not a sole out clapping tonight, last week everyone was out, strange.

Only so many times you can do it before life takes over again,days are merging into each other now I’ll go as far as to say once was enough, the more you do this sort of thing the less the impact is.

Both my wife and son are nurses in the NHS and frankly haven’t taken that much notice of the clapping,theyre too busy working and trying to keep ahead of the virus.

#111469 Reply

brydo

How’s things looking from their perspective?

#111472 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

We clapped and garden 3 houses down had lovely firework display at 8pm on the button well done everyone and great news about young Boris

#111474 Reply

BrightonSteve

My wife and I clapped for all the essential workers and volunteers who selflessly work to keep us and the country going. As soon as the applause finished, one of our neighbours played abide with me, followed by your never walk alone, very loudly. I thought this was a nice touch, which brought a lump to my throat.

Thank you to all carers including my wife who is also my carer, and thank you to everyone else doing essential work too.

#111545 Reply

Briggsy
    Participant

How’s things looking from their perspective?

I asked them both and both, not surprisingly came back with similar answers, fed up of having to scrimp on PPE,tired..just tired,my wife is the pragmatist she does see herself as an angel or have a calling, its a job one she enjoys but is just so tired of both red and blue playing football with the nursing profession, the man in the street knows the worth of the NHS,shame on the last 10 years in particular wages have stayed the same, but of course now the NHS is the golden child, perhaps when this is over, if it ever is of course, politicians will remember this come pay rise time.

#111683 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

My son works at Tesco and yesterday he said a man went through his till and handed him a pack of biscuits as a thank you to the staff. He was very grateful.
    We’ve just been to pick up meds & do a biiig ship at Tesco and I did the same as a thank you.
    The young girl at the checkout burst into tears.

They are still getting some real horrors through the tills, so a little gesture like this goes a huge way.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#111692 Reply

Saintsman

Brydo

They were out in Largs and Fairlie last week.

My young cousin lives with us down here, his fiancée works in a care home in Largs apparently everyone was clapping her as she went back home after her shift, that was before 8pm but everyone clapped her as she walked by.

#111778 Reply

JS

Tonight alongside all the NHS and other key workers I will be clapping for all the Bin collection crews across the country keeping our streets clean. Thank you.

#111779 Reply

brydo

Great news saintsman, the entire street were out tonight, very up lifting.

#111780 Reply

Mike

i gave the nhs workers the clap even fireworks going off here and dogs barking

#111792 Reply

file28
    Participant

good turn out in our streets last night also

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#111806 Reply

TheSUVGuy

JS honestly the bin crew and all cleaners are so important, I live in London, when they take a weekend plus a bank holiday off the area goes to hell

also did you guys see the large group of people that included police officers, babies and toddlers clapping on the bridge, yes it’s great clap for the nhs but it made me so angry that literally no one was social distancing, how are we ever going to get out of lockdown when things like this are happening

#112174 Reply

JS

My Tonight’s choice For clapping will be for the Teachers/Educators across the county. Some have returned to the classroom and some busy adapting to online teaching but all deserve a well eart applause.

#112180 Reply

Jane

I will be clapping for all that are keeping our supermarkets  running and delivery drivers and post men

#112182 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m clapping for the bbc weather ladies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Clap for carers

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: