Audi Q3 ordered

• Creator
    Topic
  • #137133 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Went for the black edition in Daytona grey, there were a few in stock but not in grey so decided to wait the 10-12weeks, tho I did see an article saying Audi ordered will be delayed due to chip shortages.

Anyway it was between the xc40 r design pro or the Audi, went for the Audi as someone in my family ordered the xc40 which would be ready soon and I’m insured on it so ill be driving it plenty anyway

didnt go for the comfort package as I don’t feel heated seats / reverse camera is worth 1.2k, did go for the £100 extended lights package just for the kids

Will update everyone with time scale etc and of course pictures when it’s ready

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140875 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Yes you are reading that correctly. The dealer is giving you BS. If it is built early June you would probably get it early July. If Audi works like VW, the build dates change every so often, but rarely by much.

#140882 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

I’m gonna wait till early April and see if there’s an update, if it’s pushed earlier then I don’t mind, if it’s still November and quarter 2 prices are good then I’ll see about cancelling

#140884 Reply
    Matthew

Take you had a test drive …. what engine you gone for and did you find it powerfull enough for quite a big car ?

#140889 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’m gonna wait till early April and see if there’s an update, if it’s pushed earlier then I don’t mind, if it’s still November and quarter 2 prices are good then I’ll see about cancelling

Where do you get November from? I thought you said it was a June build, so you’d get it in July?

#140952 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Matthew it’s the 150bhp petrol, no test drive as lockdown, family member has the same car and they insured me for a day so I drove it for an hour, it’ll be my first motability car over 120bhp so anything extra is nice, I remember driving the tarraco 190 and thinking this is amazing lool

glos they said in the message build date starts June and it’ll take 23 weeks no?

#140953 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Matthew it’s the 150bhp petrol, no test drive as lockdown, family member has the same car and they insured me for a day so I drove it for an hour, it’ll be my first motability car over 120bhp so anything extra is nice, I remember driving the tarraco 190 and thinking this is amazing lool glos they said in the message build date starts June and it’ll take 23 weeks no?

Ah, I have good news for you. You have misunderstood the message. Week 23 refers to a week number (in June, the 23rd week of the calendar year). That’s when the car is scheduled to be built. You should therefore have the car delivered in July.

#140956 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Oh that’s not too bad I guess

#140965 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Yes, normally around a month or so for delivery.

My next car is on order and has a build date of March 15th. Dealer emailed me today to say delivery would be first 2 weeks of April.

#140967 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s great Solent my CHR should be in soon motability man certain be there to pick up March 16th

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#141000 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

That’s great Solent my CHR should be in soon motability man certain be there to pick up March 16th

I’m pleased for you Mike. Funny isn’t it. My C-HR goes back after 3 really enjoyable years of use & there’s you – waiting for the exact same car. Well at least I know you’re going to love it.. guaranteed. It’ll be worth your while joining the C-HR owner’s forum too Mike as everyone on there is really helpful & they’re a good bunch. When I first got my C-HR for example, I never knew that the little button, just right of the hatch handle, locked the car after 2 quick pushes!

And I certainly hope my next car is as comfortable as a C-HR Mike – that’s for sure!

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Audi Q3 ordered
Your information: